Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:40:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin and Facebook  (Read 219 times)
Flamaicon (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:37:45 AM

Rumors that Zukemberg study Litecoin tech to facebook.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:53:29 AM

Facebook will create their own coin instead of bringing in an outside coin and blockchain.  They want something that they can control.  Once created people will be able to buy the FaceCoins and use them as payments for things like Smurfberries or whatever. 
mike3432

Activity: 378
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:57:07 AM

Where from you get the news .have you any reliable source ? please update
nightmanisrightman

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:04:05 AM

Facebook will create their own coin instead of bringing in an outside coin and blockchain.  They want something that they can control.  Once created people will be able to buy the FaceCoins and use them as payments for things like Smurfberries or whatever. 

Not only would that not surprise me but I expect a bunch of big established firms and coporations to come out with their own coins. I don't understand though why there has to be an ICO that seems like a money grab if you already have funds. Like Telegram do you need the billions of dollars to get this project started? No but you are gonna ask for it anyways, makes me sick Undecided.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
omitusaf

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:18:04 AM

Not only would that not surprise me but I expect a bunch of big established firms and coporations to come out with their own coins. I don't understand though why there has to be an ICO that seems like a money grab if you already have funds. Like Telegram do you need the billions of dollars to get this project started? No but you are gonna ask for it anyways, makes me sick Undecided.

It would be a good boost to the cryptocurrency community when FB and other other players in the industry decde to join the train. The idea of doing ICO would be something not too okay. Airdrops or other distribution model could be better, at least.

Estehmanis

Activity: 262
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:27:36 AM

Where did you get the news? Is the news true or just a hoax? Do you have any links
shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:29:34 AM

Cryptocurrency market capitalization is believed to be skyrocketing in 2018. There are many factors that support the growth of the cryptocurrency market, such as increased legality certainty over cryptocurrency, the maturing technology and cryptocurrency market, and the implementation of banking data transparency worldwide. In this case Facebook may see the good side of Lite coin and did not rule out facebook issued a form of coins for a particular purpose.

Donned

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Distributed Credit Chain

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:40:42 AM

If that's true, it's a good thing for Facebook or Litecoin. Facebook can get help from blockchain experts, and the price of Litecoin will go up.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
KingElrey

Activity: 187

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:49:37 AM

True or rumors, im going to buy some LTC to and keep it in my wallet. i think this year will going to pump like ethereum does. and Facebook using ltc or they want creating a new coin/token for them to use something like currency or payments for their apps and games. i think its a good idea. im not surprise for this kind of news, because its like massive adoption when big company's using a blockchain system.
Crown1

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:53:49 AM

Do you have relevant news links? I need to further verify the authenticity of this message, if it is true, then I will consider buying some Litecoin.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
mustakforum

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:00:10 AM

And my opinion Litecoin is amongst the main crypto, uniquely positioned as the currency for Facebook's digital payment platform for filling its roadmap until 2018 ...
Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:04:32 AM

I hope you do not give me obscure news like this.
do not carelessly provide information that is not clear origin.
because to my knowledge Zukemberg people who are already rich with facebook.

Rosscy

Activity: 243

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:10:12 AM

Cryptocurrency market capitalization is believed to be skyrocketing in 2018. There are many factors that support the growth of the cryptocurrency market, such as increased legality certainty over cryptocurrency, the maturing technology and cryptocurrency market, and the implementation of banking data transparency worldwide. In this case Facebook may see the good side of Lite coin and did not rule out facebook issued a form of coins for a particular purpose.
I would be agree with good prospect for altcoins in 2018. In this case whether Facebook will adopted or not but at least this is good rumors. Cryptocurrencies market are growing every day, this is good for cryptocurrencies economy ecosystem.
davemorg

Activity: 164

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:10:57 AM

has anyone heard about facebook launch of cryptocurrency?
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:06:34 AM

has anyone heard about facebook launch of cryptocurrency?

http://mashable.com/2018/01/05/facebook-cryptocurrency/#bR83fZqJKmqb

There have been articles published, like this one, which are the basis of the original post.  I have no direct knowledge of Facebook and Cryptocurrency, but it would not be in Facebook's own interest to adopt an outside coin.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:32:31 AM

This is just people spreading rumours to try to pump the price and shake up the market. Why would they use a decentralized and open source protocol? Facebook has enough money and manpower to build their own cryptocurrency, and with over 2 billion users active users, I think they're better off creating a cryptocurrency that they can control and it's connected to facebook directly, than trying to incorporate Litecoin to the facebook network.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
deniskiely

Activity: 130

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:58:34 PM

Facebook have sufficient resource to create their own coin , there is no reason they will use LTC
Xioma

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:00:17 PM

It'd be really interesting to see Facebook launch their own crypto though. Really looking forward to that.
coinpecker87

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:02:36 PM

I think its just for study purposes I guess. Mark Zukemberg has a lot of money he can create many coins as he wants. He can even but the whole litecoin in my opinion. LOL
Flamaicon (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:48:40 PM

I think its just for study purposes I guess. Mark Zukemberg has a lot of money he can create many coins as he wants. He can even but the whole litecoin in my opinion. LOL
Maybe... but... how long to create a new coin and logistic, wheather to low temperature..its not so easy.
And, if have a good negociation, why not.
He say that want to join this market... he can just use this tech.
I think its very probabily Litecoin could be his choice.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: