Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:39:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would a government start it's own cryptocurrency?  (Read 267 times)
ehab.co (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 01:02:08 AM

What would be the benefits of a government doing this? Which ones are likely to try first? Would you want to buy into this currency?
UrKarma

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:52:43 PM

a government  with the help of own cryptocurrency plans to cut spending on circulation of traditional paper money and increase control over the money supply.
Fasity

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:29:21 PM

Governments have to embrace cryptocurrency because its the future of financial system.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:01:56 PM

The government starting its own cryptocurrencies is very much akin to it managing the economy and the next important is what are the requirements that must be met before someone can be able to get some of the government cryptocurrency.
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:36:06 PM

They will sort of be able to control it. Also, they don't want their citizens to use other cryptos such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero and such. They would prefer their people to adopt a country crypto. I believe China will do something similar in the near future.

princesspoppy

Activity: 634
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:30:45 PM

Bitcoin and other cryptos seems to be a treat to government that's why they would want to do their own cryptocurrency in order for them to take control of it and to stop people in using and investing in bitcoins and other altcoins which they can control. They want to embrace the innovation which happens to our world and also want to know the result on what will happen to this innovation and advances in technology.
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:40:46 PM

It's really all about control. Think about it, they have total control of the economy currently because on they have the right to print currency. As crypto start becoming more popular, it's only natural that they'd try to compete.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:24:57 PM

I think they want to have control over crypto currency,
And for me I don't want to invest my money in such crypto currency I think they just want to make the crypto currency centralized .

Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:16:41 PM

They still want to retain some sort of control over finances. I don't think these should be crypto, since these are fiat in all but name. Most governments would want eventually stop printing cash and just have digital versions of their fiat. No expense minting those, not to mention they'd have more control of the banking industry. Imagine, they can simply lock your bank account and you're done.
NSM

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:23:09 PM

Blockchain technology will be the future for real currency
Since nature resources like gold keep depleting, the currency basic will be seriously affected once not more natural resources to mine and support the currency
Blockchain and cryptocurrency, and also the crypto mining technologies will be the solution in future to overcome the problem of real world mining system which backing a country currency
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:25:32 PM

No, the crypto from government wont be decentralized, and all the transaction will be supervised, it is impossible for the government create a crypto so that you can hide your transaction, and the government think that crypto can make the country economic become better
styleblue

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:27:38 PM

just to have countrol over money supply
maxxstones

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:33:49 PM

just bcus dey want to scam d masses
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:35:47 PM

They will sort of be able to control it. Also, they don't want their citizens to use other cryptos such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero and such. They would prefer their people to adopt a country crypto. I believe China will do something similar in the near future.
Control is the main idea of government involvment in cryptocurrency. If you are watching the news the USA government is working to control the value just for the fight of decentralization.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
andreasdope

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:37:57 PM

Bitcoin and other cryptos seems to be a treat to government that's why they would want to do their own cryptocurrency
rkrams

Activity: 115

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:38:53 PM

I see them making tethered currencies to get the technological benefits of cryptos without threatening their own currency.

Cause otherwise if a govt makes crypto it will automatically devalue their current currency by a lot which will be bad for their economy in short term. Which is a gamble i dont see any politician taking.

On a different but related note, Mankind first seems to be forming a global govt with crypto early stage but im really interested to see how its going to go.

vikashh

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:14:20 PM

just to av control over the masses
prince val

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:17:25 PM

I see them making tethered currencies to get the technological benefits of cryptos without threatening their own currency
sistapirata

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:21:42 PM

its highly risky buying into govn stuff....cuz dre wont b centralized
layun

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:25:17 PM

wont go with a centralized govn system