Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:56:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can we even trust butterfly labs?  (Read 1314 times)
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:37:51 PM

[SARCASM]
Hey look, another BFL thread!

I haven't seen one of these is AGES!
[/SARCASM]

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 05:33:13 PM

Just don't preorder with them and wait to see if they ever ship products on demand.

Getting in early on a preorder has a very slim chance of being profitable.  Only if the company makes their deadlines, which almost no company has so far.  Once miners are sold "in-stock" the prices will have to be set to reflect the reality of the Bitcoin difficulty.  If not, nobody will buy them.  So that you will have a much better chance of making your ROI and profit if you wait until you know, for sure, when you'll get your miner.

Also, many of the people/teams that accept preorder money then go on to treat their customers, yes even their good customers, like crap.  Once they have your money they no longer act as though your inquiries matter and information dries up.  Don't reward this behavior.

Soon many companies will offer miners on demand and at prices that are more affordable.  Anyone jumping into the preorder game at this point is a high risk gambler.  And most of them will lose.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: