Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:03:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can we even trust butterfly labs?  (Read 1314 times)
altoidmintz (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

After Economics: Learning is just the first step.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 02:07:51 AM

with this new chip thing? If they say 2 weeks about anything I will have a conniption
what about this other group coming out with the 2Ghz mining hardware...who are they? timetable? good idea?

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElitePork
Donator

Activity: 164

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:19:07 AM

You can trust them if time isn't a contributing factor for this trust...
2GHz? or 2GH/s? I only know one USB miner that is target to do 2GH/s with bitfury chip and still under development...
CrashX

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:55:25 AM

Don't trust them. Beside only shipping 15%-25% of all order place, over a year, its pretty much SCAM.

Wait for other companies coming out and that have payment options that will protect you.

Like Credit Cards...

BFL stop accepting PayPal, huge indication about being SCAMMERS. Now they only accept Wire Transfers and Bitcoin, non-that grants consumer protection.

XCrowd looks very legit and have Escrow.com as an option. BUT STILL BE CAREFULL. Once they begin shipping them out, then we will know...
m3sSh3aD

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:08:33 AM

No, you can not trust bfl or josh or anyone on there message boards. Its so highly moderated the only people there are a suicide pact!

They delete, ban anyone who posts hard questions or ask anything technical. Sign up a d see how they hide threads to people who are not signed up. They can't deliver till Feb already, add 1 year (I'm still waiting 14 .months down the line (17th July 2012)) and also, josh deletes orders of people he does not like. This as happened end many times.

Another thing is a lot of mini rig people got together a d threatened with court. These people ha e been getting minirigs through the backdoor as bfl cannot afford lose them orders. This is what that butterflylabscam site is talking about really.

Owned and run by convicted criminals, why do people have to ask this question!
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 01:13:33 PM

The answer is no.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bumpk1nK

Activity: 265

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 01:19:56 PM

with this new chip thing? If they say 2 weeks about anything I will have a conniption
what about this other group coming out with the 2Ghz mining hardware...who are they? timetable? good idea?

Why do you have the need for preorder? Is it impatience or a greed?

dc98wdHhcjkwleHUnBce8gd87teibN9ys38y3uTgsHG02e9-ok my keyboard works!
Insurance is a ripoff.
altoidmintz (OP)

Activity: 180

After Economics: Learning is just the first step.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 01:34:49 PM

thanks for the answers guys. it looks like they are already pushing back lol:
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/monarch-discussion/4420-what-monarch-group-order.html#post53319

and I meant 2 Gh/s sorry. Ya the one under developement. When is it coming out and do we trust them etc

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 01:47:32 PM

Not another fucking thread, I don't want to live. You don't even need to search, there are 10 BFL threads on the front page.

freakying99

Activity: 429

Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 01:50:50 PM

Not another fucking thread, I don't want to live. You don't even need to search, there are 10 BFL threads on the front page.

BFL can get attention to itself, they save on adds this way
BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:03:43 PM

BFL can get attention to itself, they save on adds this way

But how does this bad PR actually help them? This only deters people from doing business with them.
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:12:23 PM

It doesn't help but remember their customers are not coming from this forum.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
ftping

Activity: 183

200 OK

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:18:37 PM

Their customers are incredibly delusional. Go to their forum, everyone there seems to be singing songs of praise for Josh and BFL. Man, they're brainwashed. I don't get it. How far up your ass can your head be?
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:22:52 PM

How about rephrasing the question, "who can we trust"?
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:23:18 PM

Their customers are incredibly delusional. Go to their forum, everyone there seems to be singing songs of praise for Josh and BFL. Man, they're brainwashed. I don't get it. How far up your ass can your head be?

How many of those accounts are actually BFL employees? That be a good question as well.

Bicknellski

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:23:58 PM

No one. Better yet would you risk anything, even money you are willing and ready to lose, on BFL?

crumbs

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:33:52 PM

No one. Better yet would you risk anything, even money you are willing and ready to lose, on BFL?

I'm not sure what my alternatives are.  I'd say more likely than betting on xCrowd, less likely than KNC.  If it was money earmarked for pointless gambling & i had no problem with paying for the right to pay more in the future.  Something like that.
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:45:44 PM

I'm not sure what my alternatives are.  I'd say more likely than betting on xCrowd, less likely than KNC.  If it was money earmarked for pointless gambling & i had no problem with paying for the right to pay more in the future.  Something like that.

Given that the BFL horse you'd be betting on is starting the race with a broken leg and running against other horses like asicminer, bitfury who have already proven they can deliver? Why bother with xCrowd or KNC or HashFast, Avalon or BFL? Particularly BFL given they have yet to ship in quantity, meet targets and when the shit hit the fan they refused to refund people? Cripes if Avalon actually ships the fucking chips the miners are all ready to be produced... that is funny part of the whole story there is a better chance that those DIY projects get to market before  BFL can finish shipping its backlog.

dani

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

..yeah

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:06:46 PM

let me repeat that for you:

NO

Hai
crumbs

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:24:14 PM

I'm not sure what my alternatives are.  I'd say more likely than betting on xCrowd, less likely than KNC.  If it was money earmarked for pointless gambling & i had no problem with paying for the right to pay more in the future.  Something like that.

Given that the BFL horse you'd be betting on is starting the race with a broken leg and running against other horses like asicminer, bitfury who have already proven they can deliver? Why bother with xCrowd or KNC or HashFast, Avalon or BFL? Particularly BFL given they have yet to ship in quantity, meet targets and when the shit hit the fan they refused to refund people? Cripes if Avalon actually ships the fucking chips the miners are all ready to be produced... that is funny part of the whole story there is a better chance that those DIY projects get to market before  BFL can finish shipping its backlog.

I sort'a like the broken leg analogy, let's run hobble on with it:
Both Avalon and BFL have finished in the money before, proving they can deliver.
Asicminer's pricing simply doesn't make sense -- betting on a horse that pays out less than the money you bet ain't smart.
Bitfury i should read up on -- i simply don't know enough to comment.  That's what i'll do now.

Edit:  A quick pointer to pre-order/backstory threads?  Russian threads not a problem.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:31:37 PM

Butterfly Labs customer testimonial dated 2013-08-22 (today):

Quote from: 2weiX
FUCK THEM WITH MELTING HOT SPIKED IRON RODS or at least DON'T BUY FROM THEM

source: one-year waiting BFL customer.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ku836/bfl_already_delaying_monarch_until_feb/cbsyfr2

Can you even trust them? No. You can't "even" trust them to tell you the time of day.

They have repeatedly lied to get people to send them money based on false statements.

This is known as fraud, and it is illegal. There's a very good chance the company will not exist very much longer.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: