Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 11:28:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New mining rig with ASRock H110 BTC+ PRO not booting  (Read 268 times)
marcdemar (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 07:55:47 AM

Hi all,

I'm in the process of assembling a rig with the following components:

MOBO: ASRock H110 Pro BTC+
RAM: Kingston KVR21R15S8/4G RAM
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
CPU: Intel Pentium G4400 3.3 Ghz
GPU: Sapphire RX580 PULSE 8GB (5x)
SSD: Kingston SSDNow A400 120GB

Installed CPU, RAM, 1 GPU via the PCIe 3.0 x16 slot (via powered riser), connected CPU fan, CPU power (8 pin 12V), 24 pin ATX power connector, keyboard, mouse.

The MOBO is places on standoff screws on a wooden shelf.

On 1st power up, the fans start spinning (CPU and GPU), but there's no video signal. No indication the system is actually booting (no lights on keyboard - e.g. numlock)

Even when stripping the system of keyboard, mouse, SSD, GPU (just using the integrated graphics via the VDI port), clearing BIOS, moving RAM to other slot - there is no indication of booting, no POST, nothing. Just the fans spinning.

Tried re-inserting RAM (until I hear a click, pretty sure it is inserted correctly), taking out CPU to check connectors (looks fine to me).

There are some spare components on the way (RAM, CPU and even a different MOBO), but does any one have some suggestion on how to pin this down? I also have a chassis speaker on the way, so that could help me narrow it down to RAM, CPU or MOBO.

But have I overlooked something? Any other things I could try? Also, how sensitive are the components to static electricity? I don't have an anti static wrist wrap, but touch the tap (which should be okay right?) regularly when handling the MOBO and other components.

/Marc

leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:03:28 AM

Hi all,

I'm in the process of assembling a rig with the following components:

MOBO: ASRock H110 Pro BTC+
RAM: Kingston KVR21R15S8/4G RAM
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
CPU: Intel Pentium G4400 3.3 Ghz
GPU: Sapphire RX580 PULSE 8GB (5x)
SSD: Kingston SSDNow A400 120GB

Installed CPU, RAM, 1 GPU via the PCIe 3.0 x16 slot (via powered riser), connected CPU fan, CPU power (8 pin 12V), 24 pin ATX power connector, keyboard, mouse.

The MOBO is places on standoff screws on a wooden shelf.

On 1st power up, the fans start spinning (CPU and GPU), but there's no video signal. No indication the system is actually booting (no lights on keyboard - e.g. numlock)

Even when stripping the system of keyboard, mouse, SSD, GPU (just using the integrated graphics via the VDI port), clearing BIOS, moving RAM to other slot - there is no indication of booting, no POST, nothing. Just the fans spinning.

Tried re-inserting RAM (until I hear a click, pretty sure it is inserted correctly), taking out CPU to check connectors (looks fine to me).

There are some spare components on the way (RAM, CPU and even a different MOBO), but does any one have some suggestion on how to pin this down? I also have a chassis speaker on the way, so that could help me narrow it down to RAM, CPU or MOBO.

But have I overlooked something? Any other things I could try? Also, how sensitive are the components to static electricity? I don't have an anti static wrist wrap, but touch the tap (which should be okay right?) regularly when handling the MOBO and other components.

/Marc

Your isolations are pointing out to 3, RAM CPU and MOBO, and I'm afraid what I will suggest is to try the spare ones you have.  but I did assembling my rigs without anti static wrist and luckily don't have any problem with it, I've read somewhere that its safe  by just touching the bare metal of the case before doing assembles.
marcdemar (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 09:50:01 AM

Your isolations are pointing out to 3, RAM CPU and MOBO, and I'm afraid what I will suggest is to try the spare ones you have.  but I did assembling my rigs without anti static wrist and luckily don't have any problem with it, I've read somewhere that its safe  by just touching the bare metal of the case before doing assembles.

Thx! I got a bit further. Made my own chassis speaker from an old motherboard and attached it to the ASRock.

When I power on I hear 3 long beeps, then a pause, then 3 long beeps, etc.

Could it be the RAM?
marcdemar (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 10:00:41 AM

I found the following:

3 short beeps = Basic memory 64K address check error (long/short...i hear 3 beeps repeatedly)

See: http://ddr4motherboard.com/beepcodes/ASROCK-H110-PRO-BTC+

Is it the RAM then? Or something on the mobo?
PsKminer

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:32:27 PM

biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip (RAM)
biiiiiiip bipbipbip (VGA)
No sound (MOBO,CPU)
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:06:06 PM

Ram not compatible with Mainboard, i bet my balls!

your mainboard

- Supports DDR4 2400/2133 non-ECC, un-buffered memory*
- Supports ECC UDIMM memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)

your ram
- Standard    DDR4-2133 (PC4-17000)

it should look like
Standard DDR4-2133 PC4-17066U -> the U stands for UDIMM

pbuva

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:11:37 PM

Maybe a stupid question, but, have you connectet psu to mobo and CPU? Sonetimes i just forget on that Smiley

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
venomcry

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:38:47 PM

I had same issue yesterday. Fans were spining but no signal on monitor. I did some investigation  on my own and i think i have mixed cables from other psu. I have used evga psu cable on Corsair psu i think it was 8pin and molex. With that simple mistake i fried motherboard and ssd. I Hope you didnt do same.
marcdemar (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 08:11:29 AM

Maybe a stupid question, but, have you connectet psu to mobo and CPU? Sonetimes i just forget on that Smiley

Yup I have connected the PSU to both the 24-pin and 8-pin (CPU).

I had same issue yesterday. Fans were spining but no signal on monitor. I did some investigation  on my own and i think i have mixed cables from other psu. I have used evga psu cable on Corsair psu i think it was 8pin and molex. With that simple mistake i fried motherboard and ssd. I Hope you didnt do same.

What makes you think you actually fried your motherboard and ssd?

I have only one PSU (Corsair) and plugged the connector marked with CPU into the 8-pin on the mobo to power the CPU. On the PSU side it goes into the 4+4 connector. Can't really go wrong there in my view.

It may very well be my motherboard. Or memory. Or CPU. I do not have a clue. Later today I get a new RAM stick, hopefully that will resolve the issue. I also have a new CPU and motherboard on the way.

This is my first rig, so it is pretty unknown territory - and first thought was 'I frikkin' destroyed it'. But I try to stay positive for now. If i can't get things to work with even second mobo and cpu and memory I will start to panic.
ottomans_enigma

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:31:04 AM

its looks like a BIOS problem, did you updated the bios ?
marcdemar (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 08:38:42 AM

your mainboard

your ram

it should look like

Could that be it?!
My Ram: Kingston KVR21R15S8/4G RAM 4 GB 2133 MHz DDR4 ECC Registered CL15 DIMM 288-Pin

Ordered a new RAM stick which should arrive today: Crucial DDR4-2133 8GB RAM (which should be UDIMM).

If this is it I'll buy you a beer!
marcdemar (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 08:47:53 AM

its looks like a BIOS problem, did you updated the bios ?

Nope I didn't. Just got all the components a few days back, connected everything and that's it.
mullen1200

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:21:36 AM

Wow. Well see ecc ram has come way down.
marcdemar (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 09:41:26 AM

your mainboard

your ram

it should look like

Could that be it?!
My Ram: Kingston KVR21R15S8/4G RAM 4 GB 2133 MHz DDR4 ECC Registered CL15 DIMM 288-Pin

Ordered a new RAM stick which should arrive today: Crucial DDR4-2133 8GB RAM (which should be UDIMM).

If this is it I'll buy you a beer!

I owe you a beer  Wink The new RAM did the job!
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:21:48 AM

yeah i can keep my balls Cheesy you´re welcome Wink

desibandar

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:06:56 PM

Thx! I got a bit further. Made my own chassis speaker from an old motherboard and attached it to the ASRock.

When I power on I hear 3 long beeps, then a pause, then 3 long beeps, etc.

Could it be the RAM?

Hi Marc

Could I please ask you how you managed to make a speaker from another desktop ?

This Asrock has 7 pins as seen on page 19 on https://static.raru.co.za/pdf/5998015-5438-user-manual.pdf

I checked that my older machine speaker is basically two wires - red and black

Can you please guide me as my Asrock mobo is also not showing any display and without speaker, I cant figure out what is wrong

Thanks a lot

Bryan

ps> tried sending you direct message but your setting is disabled for that
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: