Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:44:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly labs did everything they could to make getting a refund impossible.  (Read 4603 times)
jasonjm (OP)

Activity: 1288
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 11:25:07 PM

If I didn't purchase on AMEX through paypal, I would be toast.

AMEX saved the day for me.

Butterfly labs implosion is now imminent as I bet their new orders are way down, so they don't have cash to keep the scam rolling.

Unless by some miracle they were smart enough to hold onto all those bitcoins they got paid and made a fortune in bitcoin speculation.

But I do not think butterfly labs and smart can ever go into the same sentence without the internet breaking.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 04:05:28 AM

Whew! Good thing I bought a pre-order in early July on that via PP. Man, to have to deal with BFL *&* PP? Blech.

90 days to do a chargeback or longer then that with Amex? Can't recall.
CrashX

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 05:33:07 AM

Butterfly labs implosion is now imminent as I bet their new orders are way down, so they don't have cash to keep the scam rolling.

Unless by some miracle they were smart enough to hold onto all those bitcoins they got paid and made a fortune in bitcoin speculation.

But I do not think butterfly labs and smart can ever go into the same sentence without the internet breaking.

You still fucked your self,

If you purchase it via PayPal with your AMEX, that means that PayPal got chargeback and not BFL.

If this happened that means your PayPal account has a negative balance which you now owe them, if you don't pay up they will freeze your account and then send you to collections.
And make it almost impossible to reopen another account.

jedunnigan

Activity: 279

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:10:38 AM

You still fucked your self,

If you purchase it via PayPal with your AMEX, that means that PayPal got chargeback and not BFL.

If this happened that means your PayPal account has a negative balance which you now owe them, if you don't pay up they will freeze your account and then send you to collections.
And make it almost impossible to reopen another account.

Not necessarily. If you are speaking to a competent operator and they know you used their card via PayPal they will call a PP representative and coordinate their efforts. If they just go willy nilly and chargeback the transaction your scenario will play out, but hopefully that is not the case for most.
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:13:32 AM

Guys, PP will help you.

CrashX

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:17:54 AM

Not necessarily. If you are speaking to a competent operator and they know you used their card via PayPal they will call a PP representative and coordinate their efforts. If they just go willy nilly and chargeback the transaction your scenario will play out, but hopefully that is not the case for most.

Its is PayPal doesn't like me at all  Wink

Have allot of experience with them, I purchase a computers and the box came empty with some works, I first contact the seller, then eBay, and PayPal, all of them said that I was lying. So I just contacted my Credit Card Company explained the problem, they did a charge back.

and then PayPal send me to collections... Ifs funny those fuckers still call me... been like 5 years now..lol.
jedunnigan

Activity: 279

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:19:32 AM

Its is PayPal doesn't like me at all  Wink

Have allot of experience with them, I purchase a computers and the box came empty with some works, I first contact the seller, then eBay, and PayPal, all of them said that I was lying. So I just contacted my Credit Card Company explained the problem, they did a charge back.

and then PayPal send me to collections... Ifs funny those fuckers still call me... been like 5 years now..lol.
lol well that's not quite the story you led us to believe there was it...
CrashX

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:27:56 AM

That's nothing, awhile back I order 200 hard drives and I got honey.

The funny thing is that the honey had UPS labels going to different destination, I contact the seller and he contact UPS.

UPS called me and asked me for more info, I told about the honey, which I think the didn't believe me either.

When they finish asking all the stupid questions,
    I asked them about the Honey, they told me to keep it, being that it was allot I gave it away to the family, 2 days later they call me that if I still had the honey, I only had two left.
 (they came and took my last 2 boxes)

Also 1 year ago order some computer speaker, so when FedEx came it hand me a box, I sign for then he left.
I open the box, it was an Brand New HP Laser Printer, so I figure WTF!.
Around 30mins later the same FedEx truck comes back (im thinking he came for the box he gave me) and tells that he forgot to give my other 2 boxes, so gave me the other boxes (which were the speakers).

So I kept the HP Printer sold it on eBay for $800.
ameer1367

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 09:40:22 AM

paypal does have some kind of a insurance system right? if BFL comes out to be a scam. you could ask for a refund right?
i bought 2x jelapenos there for almost 400$ total...
it hurts bad when you see asicminers all arround the world already deliverd, live and kicking. and bfl cant even deliver in time.

ATM their on delivering the backorders from november2012.
so basically they delivered 6 months backorders in 2 months mass production.(from april 2013 till now)
my order was in april so i assume its gonna take them another 2 months to maaaaybe deliver my order? thats what i call fraud and bad project management... by the time 5GH/s is nothing worth.

ElitePork
Donator

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:03:52 AM

I believe everything that is lower than 40MH/s per buck will not be able to / will take longer than 5 months to ROI in the soaring difficulty.
I just punch in the new difficult 50mil into http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/ and key in the figures for jallies. Turn out that it will ROI in 58 days if your jally is 5GH/s and 47days if it's 7GH/s...
EdManet

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:53:55 AM

Guys, PP will help you.

This is true.  Just call them.

I called Paypal after they auto-closed the dispute I opened.  They told me to call my credit card company.
I called my credit card company and they immediately credited my account.  They're going to work with PP and BFL. 
It's a 60-90 day process, but I am still pretty confident that BFL will not be able to ship an April 2013 order by December.

DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 02:52:40 PM

The funny thing is that the honey had UPS labels going to different destination, I contact the seller and he contact UPS.

UPS called me and asked me for more info, I told about the honey, which I think the didn't believe me either.

I asked them about the Honey, they told me to keep it, being that it was allot I gave it away to the family, 2 days later they call me that if I still had the honey, I only had two left.

Also 1 year ago order some computer speaker, so when FedEx came it hand me a box, I sign for then he left.
Around 30mins later the same FedEx truck comes back (im thinking he came for the box he gave me) and tells that he forgot to give my other 2 boxes, so gave me the other boxes (which were the speakers).

Wow, that is just disgusting and dishonest.

I hope a cargo plane full of used dildos comes crashing down on your head.

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:05:24 PM

this reminds of the time i brought a $500 office desk from office depot and i had it delivered so they deliver it then the next day they try to deliver another desk then the next day after that they tried to deliver another one somehow they didnt have in the computer it was delivered this happened 3 times i had to tell them seriously this is like the third time you guys have tried to deliver me a desk ive already received
EdManet

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:06:31 PM

paypal does have some kind of a insurance system right? if BFL comes out to be a scam. you could ask for a refund right?
i bought 2x jelapenos there for almost 400$ total...
it hurts bad when you see asicminers all arround the world already deliverd, live and kicking. and bfl cant even deliver in time.

ATM their on delivering the backorders from november2012.
so basically they delivered 6 months backorders in 2 months mass production.(from april 2013 till now)
my order was in april so i assume its gonna take them another 2 months to maaaaybe deliver my order? thats what i call fraud and bad project management... by the time 5GH/s is nothing worth.

Paypal will help you but only if you file the dispute within 45 days of the purchase.  If you ordered in April 2013 and haven't opened a dispute yet, then you have a hard road ahead.  If you paid Paypal with a credit card, then you need to call your credit card company and open a dispute with them.  They will work with Paypal and BFL to get the refund.   If not, then you need to contact the Paypal fraud department.  I think it's fraud@paypal.com.

And don't expect your April 2013 order to show up any time before December or January.  It ain't gonna happen.
smith88

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:00:40 PM

The problem is that BFL went with PP in the first place.  They (PP) are expensive, not stream lined, and happy to freeze your account for an indefinite time frame.  I am willing to bet that BFL has had many, many orders locked up/frozen in PP and they have never even seen the cash.  It's the design of PP.  They're crooks.  I wouldn't trust my pet fish with PP; and I know of thousands of businesses that will say the same.
CrashX

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:24:04 PM

Its not my fault somebody fucked up...  If you get a Bitcoin send to you, will send it back? and be honest.
CrashX

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:40:14 PM

The problem is that BFL went with PP in the first place.  They (PP) are expensive, not stream lined, and happy to freeze your account for an indefinite time frame.  I am willing to bet that BFL has had many, many orders locked up/frozen in PP and they have never even seen the cash.  It's the design of PP.  They're crooks.  I wouldn't trust my pet fish with PP; and I know of thousands of businesses that will say the same.

they only freeze accounts for 180 days. if no claims are filed(even if some are filed, they will deducted), then they send the owner the account a check in the amount left frozen.

For those people out their, worry talk to you Credit Card Companies, PayPal will NOT be your friend in this matter.

Your decision loose the Money$$$

or

Loose your PayPal account.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 09:46:22 PM

they only freeze accounts for 180 days. if no claims are filed(even if some are filed, they will deducted), then they send the owner the account a check in the amount left frozen.

For those people out their, worry talk to you Credit Card Companies, PayPal will NOT be your friend in this matter.

Your decision loose the Money$$$

or

Loose your PayPal account.

Rest assure, BFL kept the bare minimum in their PayPal account, if any funds at all. For those concerned about BFL's welfare, you'll be able to sleep well tonight fully knowing that all the pre-ordered moneys sent to BFL is still in a safe place, right where Sonny Vleisides put it.
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:09:35 PM

I believe everything that is lower than 40MH/s per buck will not be able to / will take longer than 5 months to ROI in the soaring difficulty.
I just punch in the new difficult 50mil into http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/ and key in the figures for jallies. Turn out that it will ROI in 58 days if your jally is 5GH/s and 47days if it's 7GH/s...
[/quote

...... I dont even know where to start...
At 100 bucks per gh there will be no roi at this point
At 50 you may break even if you have little or no energy cost
But probably not...
Dont buy preorders
Wait for the exponential difficulty increase to level off then buy when btc prices catch up
When you can buy a jally for .1 btc it may be worth it again

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:43:03 PM

Per post office regulations, if something comes in the mail that you didn't order, you can either keep it or throw it away, but you have no obligation to return it or pay for it if a bill comes later.  It is a violation of federal law to send something in the mail that was not ordered and follow it up with a bill.  Usually I will offer to send back the box if they mail me or email me a label, (things get delivered to my address incorrectly quite a lot. not sure why.), but if the company is being dicks about it (telling me I have to pay for the merchandise or pay to send it back), then I ask for them to produce a copy of my order requesting the merchandise.  Usually they threaten to sue, so I give them this link I keep handy: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/investigations/MailFraud/fraudschemes/othertypes/UnsolicitedFraud.aspx and tell them that further communications will result in a report to the USPIS.  That usually stops further communications.

More info here: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise

I would presume that FedEX and UPS have to follow the same set of rules since they operate within the monopoly of the USPS (They have to charge a minimum of 6x the rate of a letter for example)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: