Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:01:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hitBTC Exchange Risks  (Read 108 times)
lelam (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:22:12 AM

Hi

I am just trying to look for a good exchange. I have been advisex Polinex is good for UK users ubt it does not have a large crypto coins base. I was just looking at hitBTC and they state the following

"You may sustain a total loss of the Funds in your HitBTC Account, and, in some cases, you may incur losses beyond such Funds. If the market moves against your position, we to provide a substantial amount of additional margin Funds, on short notice, in order to maintain your position, may call upon you. If you do not provide the required Funds within the time required by us, your position may be liquidated at a loss, and you will be liable for any resulting deficit in your HitBTC Account"

Does this mean that if i deposit £500 worth of bitcoin so i can then buy VIBE if the price of VIBE goes down i could lose more than £500 for eg -£1000 therefore i would then be owing hitBTC £1000.

I just simply want to use Bitcoin to invest in other Cryptos like VIBE without having to worry about losing more than i deposit. i dont mind losing the £500 that i deposit, but i dont want to login after a few days and see my balance as -£1000.

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: