Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:04:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ripple dead?  (Read 3195 times)
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 08:30:30 PM

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aggster

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:37:05 PM

dead for me, my account got hacked and ripples stolen, had a secure password too. Im sticking with bitcoin and alts
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 04:26:24 PM

People harsh on Ripple all the time...but the fact remains they have created a pretty amazing system, with some rather large backers waiting in the wings while they make it better and test the code.  I would not presume they are dead until BTC has no trading value against it whatsoever, and I highly doubt that will happen.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 04:29:31 PM

dead for me, my account got hacked and ripples stolen, had a secure password too. Im sticking with bitcoin and alts

Sorry to hear this, you should attempt to get in touch with Joel Katz...as far as I can tell, he would be interested in hearing this, and can probably make it right for you, unlike a bitcoin transaction.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 08:16:43 PM

Sorry to hear this, you should attempt to get in touch with Joel Katz...as far as I can tell, he would be interested in hearing this, and can probably make it right for you, unlike a bitcoin transaction.

and thats the problem of ripple  Wink

mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 08:26:27 PM

It was dead the day it was announced.

I'm really surprised and confused that anyone at any point ever thought it would work or was even a good idea.  If you were one of those people, shame on you.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 08:34:51 PM

As an active ebay seller, I believe reversible transactions to be a rather good thing in certain circumstances, and having both BTC and XRP as options is actually better than having just BTC imho.  But with backers like Google, and ongoing development and secondary markets like Justcoin...I believe Ripple is still in its infancy, more-so than BTC.

hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 08:40:45 PM

Also...XRP is only one piece of this puzzle, Ripple as a concept is pretty cool...but then again same could be said of communism and such.  I just think it's a project worth keeping up with, as it could very well unfold into something greater.

It was dead the day it was announced.

I'm really surprised and confused that anyone at any point ever thought it would work or was even a good idea.  If you were one of those people, shame on you.

All I know is I've made free money from being an active part of it from early on...haters gonna hate, but I am so far at least a grand ahead without spending a dime on it.  Always participate in the free giveaways on this forum...you'll be richer for it!

Keldel

Activity: 166

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:24:38 PM

Closed source centralized system... What could possibly go wrong with that?

hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 10:02:59 PM

You speak as though SHA-256 is "Open-source" and free from centralization.  In's and outs indicate otherwise...even localbitcoins can be fairly well traced back to the person who sold it to you.

Consider this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=288738.20

I'm just along for the ride...and I welcome many forms of crypto-currency, as who knows which one will stick, just keep in mind you could lose your shorts from any of these, so don't divest all your holdings in one spot. 

I'm not saying XRP is any better or worse than Bitcoin, just another project worth paying attention to.

nwtrades

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 06:06:15 PM

Far from dead. 

There are many big players (very large companies) now actively involved in Ripple and others evaluating it.  Large exchanges (apart from Bitstamp) are now looking at the system as well.  At the end of the day, people will use the system that is simple and easy for them.  Ripple is making rapid progress and they have a lot of momentum going to make this the world's universal payment system for ALL currencies, not just Bitcoin.

Anybody who denies these things is shortsighted and not looking at the big picture of where the world is going.  The average Joe doesn't know about or care about Bitcoin, he just wants a cheap and easy way to send money online.
Subud!

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:49:29 AM

I guess far from dead, but needs better promotion.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:00:29 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2013, 06:21:28 AM by TradeFortress

Far from dead.  

There are many big players (very large companies) now actively involved in Ripple and others evaluating it.  Large exchanges (apart from Bitstamp) are now looking at the system as well.  At the end of the day, people will use the system that is simple and easy for them.  Ripple is making rapid progress and they have a lot of momentum going to make this the world's universal payment system for ALL currencies, not just Bitcoin.

Anybody who denies these things is shortsighted and not looking at the big picture of where the world is going.  The average Joe doesn't know about or care about Bitcoin, he just wants a cheap and easy way to send money online.

In this quote: ripple shill delusional hoping to pump XRP back up.

geofflosophy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 05:12:33 AM

Far from dead.  

There are many big players (very large companies) now actively involved in Ripple and others evaluating it.  Large exchanges (apart from Bitstamp) are now looking at the system as well.  At the end of the day, people will use the system that is simple and easy for them.  Ripple is making rapid progress and they have a lot of momentum going to make this the world's universal payment system for ALL currencies, not just Bitcoin.

Anybody who denies these things is shortsighted and not looking at the big picture of where the world is going.  The average Joe doesn't know about or care about Bitcoin, he just wants a cheap and easy way to send money online.

In this quote: ripple shill delusional hoping to pump XRP back up.

I personally am holding my 1000 free XRP because I think that Ripple has the potential to do big things. They have big investors, including Google Ventures and Founders Fund, and while their tech is currently a black box, it is going to be released Open Source eventually, and once that happens is when the game really begins. Whether it will make something of itself or not is TBD, but the idea is one being pursued by at least a few different parties in slightly different ways; Ripple, BitShares, Mastercoin; and Ripple has the big bucks and tech juice behind it at the moment. We'll see what happens.
claycoins

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 10:01:58 AM

too early to tell.

coinage

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:35:15 PM

Perhaps your computer is compromised with a keylogger.  For instance, from your posting history, it seems you've run dozens of altcoins.  Did you take any precautions while doing that?
hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 06:48:27 PM

In case you'd like to learn to buy XRP with an orderbook rather than market price, this is a guide I made about how to use Bitstamp as a gateway and buy using the ripple client order book.  This is for advanced trading with the ability to set bid and ask prices, if you don't know what that is, stick with market price.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297326.0

AndroM

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 10:40:10 AM

Ripple has to die. I'm still kind of shocked that people who believes in bitcoin accepted ripple's centralized structure.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: