Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:16:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: $20000 frozen in Bittrex with ENHANCED........ .02 BITCOIN BOUNTY INVOLVED  (Read 160 times)
coinguy22x (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:07:13 PM

The other day I realized that I had never saved my Google Authenticator secret key. Realizing how risky this is, I decided to reset my authenticator. Unfortunately I didn’t know that doing this on the same cell phone is a violation of Bittrex policy. Bittrex froze my account and required me to open a ticket and submit documents proving my identity. After 48 hours, still no formal response from Bittrex. I can log into my account but can’t place any trades or withdraw my funds.

My ticket number is #993533 and I have tweeted to bittrex here https://twitter.com/CryptoGuy2121/status/951444798329774080

I AM OFFERING .02 BITCOIN TO WHOEVER CAN HELP ME UNFREEZE MY ACCOUNT. If this has happened to you before or you know anyone that might be of assistance, please comment or message me, I swear on my grave you will be rewarded.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7j6i6i/bittrex_has_frozen_my_enhanced_account_with_36000/

The person from the post linked above had a very similar problem as me. Upon one day of posting on Reddit someone helped him and he awarded a bounty. I have not been able to get in touch with the person who posted nor have I been able to find out who helped him.

To whoever is still reading this, if you can help in any way, please please do. You will be rewarded with .02 BTC. Please guys, reddit do your thing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:28:20 PM

The other day I realized that I had never saved my Google Authenticator secret key. Realizing how risky this is, I decided to reset my authenticator. Unfortunately I didn’t know that doing this on the same cell phone is a violation of Bittrex policy. Bittrex froze my account and required me to open a ticket and submit documents proving my identity. After 48 hours, still no formal response from Bittrex. I can log into my account but can’t place any trades or withdraw my funds.

My ticket number is #993533 and I have tweeted to bittrex here https://twitter.com/CryptoGuy2121/status/951444798329774080

I AM OFFERING .02 BITCOIN TO WHOEVER CAN HELP ME UNFREEZE MY ACCOUNT. If this has happened to you before or you know anyone that might be of assistance, please comment or message me, I swear on my grave you will be rewarded.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7j6i6i/bittrex_has_frozen_my_enhanced_account_with_36000/

The person from the post linked above had a very similar problem as me. Upon one day of posting on Reddit someone helped him and he awarded a bounty. I have not been able to get in touch with the person who posted nor have I been able to find out who helped him.

To whoever is still reading this, if you can help in any way, please please do. You will be rewarded with .02 BTC. Please guys, reddit do your thing.

Bittrex is known from their sluggishness when it comes to dealing with customer's problems.

The number 1 strategy to make them get their shit together is to do what they hate the most: public shamming.

Make a thread on reddit, be sure to clearly state the $20000 figure on the post to get more attention. The community on reddit has helped a lot of people in the past by upvoting these threads. Realize that that is very bad publicity for Bittrex, so let everyone know your case on there and see what happens. Hope this helps, but beside this, there's not much that can be done, it all comes down to Bittrex, since they control the private keys.
coinguy22x (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:59:38 PM

thank you sir, here is the post, if you can do any shilling that would be great! thank you

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7po828/20000_frozen_in_bittrex_with_enhanced_02_bitcoin/
william8829

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:14:19 PM

The other day I realized that I had never saved my Google Authenticator secret key.

I do not think your mistake is uncommon.  In the future you do not have to reset your authenticator.  You disable it and re-enable it.  When you re-enable it they provide a different code.  This action in itself should not freeze your account.
jimmy55

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:26:50 PM

What documents have you submitted to verify your identity?  I would not be alarmed by a relatively short period of no response from them.    If you're legit and have the ID to be who you prove you are you should be fine.  Does Bittrex have your name and address on file?

FOR SALE (cheap)
RominaViewly

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:07:05 PM

Bounty involved or not, I am really sorry that I cannot help you in any given way. I am only posting here to tell you that from what I know about Bittrex, if your posts get attention your issue will be soon resolved because they do not want to make themselves look bad in public. Maybe you should try twitting someone who is well known and has some sort of influence in hope that he will expose your issue publicly. Anyway, I hope this gets resolved as soon as possible and you get your funds back! Best of luck!
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:23:58 AM

The other day I realized that I had never saved my Google Authenticator secret key.

I do not think your mistake is uncommon.  In the future you do not have to reset your authenticator.  You disable it and re-enable it.  When you re-enable it they provide a different code.  This action in itself should not freeze your account.

This is one reason why I don't fall in love with Google Authenticator though I understand that it is really providing a good measure of security which we badly need these days when there are so many scammers and hackers just lurking somewhere ready to victimize us out of our hard-earned money. This has become a necessary burden but am hoping it can still be improved to make it more convenient without sacrificing its security features.
Nubitcoinerr

Activity: 332
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:00:28 PM

Unfortunately I didn’t know that doing this on the same cell phone is a violation of Bittrex policy.

What do you mean by this?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: