Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 04:23:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I be using MetaMask?  (Read 639 times)
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:05:50 AM

I don't have too much experience with Ethereum or tokens but here's my view. I just moved from MEW to Metamask and it's so much nicer to use. I was using exodus for eth but it doesn't support enough ECR-20 tokens so I went in search of something that did. I don't want to pay the daft ledger nano price so Metamask is my choice atm and I like it.

Isn't MEW more secure though?  I mean, if you create an offline paper wallet using MEW...

Metamask is more secure than MEW. If you'll actually notice the announcements and notifications on MEW they DO NOT recommend simply using MEW with your private keys. The best thing to do, according to MEW, would be to use a third party tool like Metamask. They already explicitly say it.

From my experience, i've been loving metamask as well. Its simple to use and easily lets you configure GWEI price.
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 12:21:14 AM

I'm a newbie with some technical skills, but not a lot.
Should I be using MetaMask for added security?
What does MetaMask do for me, exactly?

Also, MetaMask seems to only work for Ethereum-based coins.  Is there an extension like MetaMask available for the other coins?

Metamask are very good and safest ways to access your wallet on MEW (Erc20).
you can Install it from google chrome extensions.
because with that app , you can access your wallet without put your Private key.
so this is way can avoid us from phising or the other method of hacking

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
tanoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:14:37 AM

I don't have too much experience with Ethereum or tokens but here's my view. I just moved from MEW to Metamask and it's so much nicer to use. I was using exodus for eth but it doesn't support enough ECR-20 tokens so I went in search of something that did. I don't want to pay the daft ledger nano price so Metamask is my choice atm and I like it.

Isn't MEW more secure though?  I mean, if you create an offline paper wallet using MEW...

Metamask is more secure than MEW. If you'll actually notice the announcements and notifications on MEW they DO NOT recommend simply using MEW with your private keys. The best thing to do, according to MEW, would be to use a third party tool like Metamask. They already explicitly say it.

From my experience, i've been loving metamask as well. Its simple to use and easily lets you configure GWEI price.

Interesting and makes me want to use it. But, what problems usually occur when you use metamasks?
KluFf

Activity: 336

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:46:15 AM

Also, MetaMask seems to only work for Ethereum-based coins.  Is there an extension like MetaMask available for the other coins?
well i guess . metamask is much safer than MyEtherWallet.
and may be you need to learn more about metamask.
but i guess for beginner try MyEtherWallet just safely store your Privatekey

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
johnleo

Activity: 1414

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:26:14 AM

I never use metamask, just using mew. For security as long as you don't open phishing website, I think it always save. And never try to open 'mew link' from anyweb, I always open it from my bookmark and until now I still save.
linhaidu

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:21:59 AM

If you only have several coins, I think it is OK to keep everywhere.
If you have some coins, I think it is convenient to use the online wallet.
If you have a lot of coins, I think it is advisable to keep in the hard wallet.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:28:44 AM

I personally want to buy a computer and use it just to store offline wallets, or will get some nanos and trezors but to be honest, I am waiting for the ethos wallet to happen as that will hold all our coins in a secure vault, will almost be like a crypto wallet/bank, so am trying to be patient for that. I opened many MEW addresses, not just one wallet to divide my coins and am looking at metamask also. I am not very technical but am looking at security, also exchanges I always use 2fa now.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
trudovik

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:50:59 AM

Of course it's worth using metamasque, because it can save a little from hackers and other kind of wicked people, now they very strongly began to use various tricks to empty your wallets.
Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:00:26 AM

Yes, you should use metamask it is suggested by some exchangers like etherdelta, because their exchangers are so laggy so for your safety better use metamask for the safety of your ethereum balances or tokens. You should just import your private key when you start to use it. Ive already use it many times and im satisfied with its service.
redsandisk

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:59:05 PM

Metamask are very good and safest ways to access your wallet on MEW (Erc20).
you can Install it from google chrome extensions.
because with that app , you can access your wallet without put your Private key.
so this is way can avoid us from phising or the other method of hacking

hardware wallet would be safer than metamask.
tushkanych

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:11:58 PM

Any browser extension it is a potential threat for you. Metamask is no exception. I ordered already the Ledger Nano to store cryptocurrency. Think it would be much safer.
trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:42:54 AM

Today I read about the meta-mask it's just an extension on google chrome there's nothing complicated to install it on Linux Fedora. I use Linux Fedora and I for us have no problem putting something, so in between I would like to advise it to you
haidangtp

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:02:38 AM

I like MEW more than MM. I used to use MM on ED but found it a bit complicated for me. Also, I import a private key into ED so I continued to use it knowing that it was a bad security
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:10:20 AM

Yes, in the beginning for more security you can use Metamask. It can help you to avoid some security problems.
eddysachs

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:18:11 PM

Metamask is cool and easy to use... I like the fact that it has a lot of ERC20 token options and smartly integrates with Ether Delta to trade. MEW is also a very useful wallet for ERC20 tokens.
cryptoux

Activity: 186

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:38:02 PM

Metamask helps you to transact easily ,the private keys are being stored in metamask and you dont need it to put in exchanges.Ive been using it from the start and i dont encounter any problems using it.

jan.nicolas

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:54:49 AM

Definitely worth using, I've recently figured out all the same what it is, there's nothing complicated, it's just an addon on google chrome so there's nothing to be afraid of and it's not worth while to understand too.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:42:27 PM

My personal experience is that meta mask is quite lag and not user friendly. I prefer to use a hardware wallet and it support not only ETH and ERC20 tokens, BTC, LTC and other altcoins are supported too. It is more secure in my opinion.
Shaofalova

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 12:56:28 PM

I use MetaMask, and like it.. But I'll plan to buy ledger or trezor.. Think it's more secure

sokicsokic

Activity: 143
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:43:43 AM

i restored my metamask from seed and when i write password metamask give me another seed.. i tried login on metamask with both seeds and is working ... now i have 2 differend 12 word seeds for same account,why i get another seed for same account?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: