Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:51:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I be using MetaMask?  (Read 632 times)
RandyMagnum

Activity: 662
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:58:01 AM

anyone having issues with Metamask? Can't deposit tokens to IDEX, says me to unlock wallet while it's already unlocked
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sudhirratra68

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:51:46 AM

Yes, you should use it!

MetaMask is more than just an Ether wallet. It's an Ethereum Browser, like Mist! It allows you all the same functions, features, and ease of access from regular Ethereum Wallets, and it allows you to interact with Dapps and Smart Contracts, and all without the need to download the blockchain or install any software, you can just install it as a Google Chrome Extension! Plus, it has a cool fox logo that follows your mouse around, which made us smile.

MetaMask includes a secure identity vault, providing a user interface to manage your identities on different sites and sign blockchain transactions.

Daniel9140

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:46:43 AM

Its definitely a good step in the right direction to use metamask because, it dosen't only serve as a wallet, but it protects you from phishing websites.

I use metamask to trade on Idex and Etherdelta as it protects my wallet. Some sites would ask you to provide your private keys but with metamask, you can use it in such sites if you are trading an an ERC20 token.
crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 12:01:19 PM

An investor who wants to make money on the ETH blockchain should start to use MetaMask, which to meet the safety and speed requirements. There is no alternative to this at the moment.
khoidaonguyen

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:02:29 PM

Yes im using metamask since beginning and love it. Also stop you from fishing websites and dodgy stuffs.
jc123

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:07:07 PM

Yes if you want your a wallet a better security, if you worry too much if your money is safe then yes you use meta mask.....
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:07:50 PM

Metamask is useful in case of keyloger atack. But in case of using other softwares it wouldn't help you. Be careful and everything will be good with you and your earnings. It is the only, that can really save it.
svobodnyi

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:12:23 PM

With MetaMask, you can send the eth without entering a private key on the official MEW website.
MetaMask also helps you track transactions and tokens.
With it, you can access the MEW website without entering a password from your wallet.

Bonus777

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:15:18 PM

When using any wallet, one must be guided by common sense and security policy. And then your coins will be all right. Metamask is a good wallet. But if you do something stupid in terms of security, then it will not protect your savings.

goodrus69

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:26:36 PM

MetaMask has additional levels of security and excellent protection against phishing. I use google extension, and it's easy to use software for me.
kurucan

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:32:43 PM

MetaMask is the best way to keep your coins safety in your wallet. There are a lot of people who got robbed in different ways.
nmax21

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:36:54 PM

I'm a newbie with some technical skills, but not a lot.
Should I be using MetaMask for added security?
What does MetaMask do for me, exactly?

Also, MetaMask seems to only work for Ethereum-based coins.  Is there an extension like MetaMask available for the other coins?

Be sure to use MetaMask when trading on EthreDelta. This will keep your coins safe!

gustavroy

Activity: 450
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:40:14 PM

I use metamask since when I met the cyrpto.This is the best way for security.Also you can use your ether wallet with file password.There are best way to keep erc20 tokens
almtu

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:42:04 PM

Yes. There are more citizens in bitcoin that believe to use metamask is one of the safety to use. I guess it is true because not only one person who says that but they are more. You can try to use it then if you don't like how it works then change your wallet.
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:58:49 PM

Also, MetaMask seems to only work for Ethereum-based coins.  Is there an extension like MetaMask available for the other coins?
Metamask is one of the great ways to store ETH and ERC-20 tokens. Metamask is also recommended by Myetherwallet to ensure the safety of everyone's property. Its security feature is very good, anti-stealing private key when logging in and when you visit the fake sites it will have red alert to help you avoid being cheated. In addition, you can also easily unlock your MyEtherWallet with Metamask and can create multiple wallet addresses. I think you should use it. This is just my advice
serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 06:03:23 PM

Hi! This is not the question should you use it or not, some people just prefer it over other services, I have never used it for myself and I am quite ok with that. I am using only myetherwallet and it works good for me.

Game of Links

cyber~license©
Nakaba

Activity: 167
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:49:22 PM

Metamask is only designed for Ethereum wallet. It is an added security so yu don't have to put your private key on a decentralize trading platform like Etherdelta.  I only use it for trading purposes but i do not use it for storing my Ethereum token.
IloveDigibyte

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

POS / PRIMENODES

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:53:27 PM

I think you should definitely use MetaMask. MetaMask will increase your security level when using MyEtherWallet. This way you keep your private key safe and secure.

sadwage

Activity: 279
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:09:41 AM

yes you can use metamask for your token safety  but first make sure that your operating system is 100% clean and secured by virus
sirenmoon

Activity: 121
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:22:17 AM

Hi! This is not the question should you use it or not, some people just prefer it over other services, I have never used it for myself and I am quite ok with that. I am using only myetherwallet and it works good for me.

I am also using myetherwallet because I have secured my altcoins differently. Afcorsee, if you are scared because of the possible theft the MetaMask is the best solution for you but even with it, the hacker can steal your money if he is smart and consistent enough. I would recommend it although I ain't using it. It is also highly advertised over the network and also the newbies in the crypto field had heard about it. Some don't use it and also ain't securing their wallets with the back software or hardware wallets and some of them had experienced the loss of their portfolio because of the laziness to secure it properly.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀              i v y              ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM   ●   FACEBOOK   ●    TWITTER    ●   YOUTUBE   ●   LINKEDIN
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: