Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:24:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How high will the difficulty be in 60 days?  (Read 3700 times)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:18:22 PM

1,200,000,000. 5 times of what it is now Smiley

And we have started a new round! =D

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
waltermot321

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 03:38:17 AM

And we have started a new round! =D

Oh no, the difficulty jump again!!

GodfatherBond

Activity: 264

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 05:03:25 PM

About there, maybe a bit more (1500 MM) by end of this year.
TheDragonSlayer

Activity: 273

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:51:09 AM

2 Billion, do I get something If I guess it right? Smiley

vesperwillow

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:25:21 PM

2 Billion, do I get something If I guess it right? Smiley

Bragging rights I suppose.

This next one is going to have even more variaiton within the unknowns than the last, I'm finding it hard to estimate with certainty. My math comes up with:

Worse case scenario: 2,235,934,660

Likely scenario: 1,915,001,512

My gut says 1.7b, but I'm going to stick with my 2 above. Just wanted to note my gut's feeling in case I need to take that more into consideration for the next go-round lol.

zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 02:48:30 PM

I predict it'll be so high that you won't even be able to shake a stick at it
vesperwillow

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:53:54 PM

I predict it'll be so high that you won't even be able to shake a stick at it

Of this, I have no doubt. I also believe it still has a ways to go beyond that.

:/

rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 12:00:05 AM

around 500 000 000

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 08:00:59 PM

Next difficulty will surpass 500 million and by Christmas we'll be over 1.2 billion.

In other words, every unit being shipped [late] by butterfly labs right now will never see a profit.

Paper weights!

The reason most people are on the low side is that they're not taking into account the massive recent spike in Bitcoin Price [which will keep surging into Christmas and New Year] and also the global attention [and legitimacy] brought to Bitcoin due to the closure of Silk Road.

We probably now have a few million new entrants which nobody is aware of, and that number will sky rocket next year with the Bitcoin ETF.

So both of these factors [and soon the Bitcoin ETF] will greatly accelerate the difficulty rate as millions more people buy ASICS, which will consistently put a massive downward pressure on Scrypt coins which means Litecoin et al are doomed.

But I digress...

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
rampalija

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 08:03:56 PM

Next difficulty will surpass 500 million and by Christmas we'll be over 1.2 billion.

In other words, every unit being shipped [late] by butterfly labs right now will never see a profit.

Paper weights!

The reason most people are on the low side is that they're not taking into account the massive recent spike in Bitcoin Price [which will keep surging into Christmas and New Year] and also the global attention [and legitimacy] brought to Bitcoin due to the closure of Silk Road.

We probably now have a few million new entrants which nobody is aware of, and that number will sky rocket next year with the Bitcoin ETF.

So both of these factors [and soon the Bitcoin ETF] will greatly accelerate the difficulty rate as millions more people buy ASICS, which will consistently put a massive downward pressure on Scrypt coins which means Litecoin et al are doomed.

But I digress...

can difficulty of BTC decrease

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2013, 08:06:16 PM

Paper weights!

But I digress...

Of course.  If people choose to mine something else or just turn off their ASICS then the difficulty will go down.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
rampalija

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 08:07:21 PM

Paper weights!

But I digress...

Of course.  If people choose to mine something else or just turn off their ASICS then the difficulty will go down.

maybe that will happen sometime in near future, when ppl stop buying their miners and quit mining cuz of ROI

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: