Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:36:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newb here nice to meet you :D  (Read 641 times)
suikakuju (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 05:46:31 AM

So, like the subject says, I'm new here.  I have a few questions if you all don't mind.
Can somebody point me in the direction of a trading platform for bitcoins?  Something I can use to place orders without having to go to
Mt. Gox every time I want to place an order oh and trailing stops and stop limit order functions would be nice Cheesy.  Do such things exist?
I don't know what to do with the stuff on the trade api page on Mt. Gox.
Also, do Bitcoin exchanges have MMs (market makers)?  Bitcoins (bitcoin = penny stock) are extremely volatile.  
I do think however, that with the liquidation of a couple portfolios and some finesse, I might be able to help out a little.
It is vital for a "currency" to be stable.  
And as a small business owner, It is nearly impossible for everyday business' that might be interested to take that leap.  
Though, I am interested!!! Cheesy Which is why I'm here Cheesy  If I can reduce the risk to my business, I'll have no quarrels accepting bitcoins Cheesy

I can't wait to delve into this further.  Have a good night everybody.  
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Smalleyster

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 05:54:42 AM

Welcome. Stability seems to be a pipe dream right about now, but who knows.

If I were a business accepting BTC I feel I would need to adjust the price daily/hourly like gold traders do.

Feel like investing in a Miner?:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30044.msg377773#msg377773
A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NoobHowTo: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27088.msg341387#msg341387
NYConsultant

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 06:11:30 AM

So, like the subject says, I'm new here.  I have a few questions if you all don't mind.
Can somebody point me in the direction of a trading platform for bitcoins?  Something I can use to place orders without having to go to
Mt. Gox every time I want to place an order oh and trailing stops and stop limit order functions would be nice Cheesy.  Do such things exist?
I don't know what to do with the stuff on the trade api page on Mt. Gox.
Also, do Bitcoin exchanges have MMs (market makers)?  Bitcoins (bitcoin = penny stock) are extremely volatile.  
I do think however, that with the liquidation of a couple portfolios and some finesse, I might be able to help out a little.
It is vital for a "currency" to be stable.  
And as a small business owner, It is nearly impossible for everyday business' that might be interested to take that leap.  
Though, I am interested!!! Cheesy Which is why I'm here Cheesy  If I can reduce the risk to my business, I'll have no quarrels accepting bitcoins Cheesy

I can't wait to delve into this further.  Have a good night everybody.  

I'm actually in the process of building just such a platform; due to the same pain points you're having with trying to actually trade via web browser (it's not fun to say the least  Wink )

I'll have a github link up within this next week if anyone's interested in helping out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: