Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:35:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help reorganizing my portfolio  (Read 186 times)
Thalandor (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:51:58 PM

Hi guys,

Newbie here making a lot of mistakes.

I entered to this fascinating world last week after thinking it for months, (so yes, I decided to enter when everycoin was in its highest values), so right now I have some loses, nothing that specially worries me because I spent money I was willing to lose. But after a while I think I need to reorganize a little bit my portfolio, too much coins and it seems a pokedex. My goal is to hold like the 70%-80% of it for a long time, while I would trade with the rest of it.

That's my portfolio:
ETH   18.21 %
XRB   18.08 %
KIN   7.86 %
ICX   6.15 %
APPC   4.97 %
VEE   4.97 %
PRL   4.84 %
MIOTA   4.05 %
BAT   3.70 %
UFR   3.26 %
VEN   2.97 %
NEO   2.89 %
POE   2.74 %
TNB   2.68 %
WAVES   2.41 %
XRP   2.33 %
VIB   2.27 %
XMR   1.98 %
ITC   1.96 %
ADA   1.58 %
TRX   1.23 %

At least, ETH, IOTA and Rai are coins I want to hold whatever happens to them, I think POE will have a great future but for the rest, some projects seems really good, others..well, pure speculation. Can you give some advices about which ones sell, hold and so?

Thanks.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:07:48 PM

Good portfolio...

I'd personally dump KIN, TRX, and XRP Wink
rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 08:23:25 PM

There are too many coins in your portfolio, as I can see half of them are hyped coins, and they will likely to crash harder compared to other coins in next months, you should sell them and buy underpriced coins.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:30:22 PM

Good portfolio...

I'd personally dump KIN, TRX, and XRP Wink

DO agree with you, you should by now be scaling down on KIN and PRL, these two I believe have few legs to run, also it will be foolish to leave BTC out of your portfolio no matter what because when BTC rally starts you don't want to miss out
sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:38:19 PM

Hi guys,

I entered to this fascinating world last week after thinking it for months, (so yes, I decided to enter when everycoin was in its highest values), so right now I have some loses, nothing that specially worries me because I spent money I was willing to lose. But after a while I think I need to reorganize a little bit my portfolio, too much coins and it seems a pokedex. My goal is to hold like the 70%-80% of it for a long time, while I would trade with the rest of it.

That's my portfolio:
ETH   18.21 %
XRB   18.08 %
KIN   7.86 %
ICX   6.15 %
APPC   4.97 %
VEE   4.97 %
PRL   4.84 %
MIOTA   4.05 %
BAT   3.70 %
UFR   3.26 %
VEN   2.97 %
NEO   2.89 %
POE   2.74 %
TNB   2.68 %
WAVES   2.41 %
XRP   2.33 %
VIB   2.27 %
XMR   1.98 %
ITC   1.96 %
ADA   1.58 %
TRX   1.23 %

At least, ETH, IOTA and Rai are coins I want to hold whatever happens to them, I think POE will have a great future but for the rest, some projects seems really good, others..well, pure speculation. Can you give some advices about which ones sell, hold and so?

Thanks.

I can't tell you what to replace them with but I'd remove some of the already pumped coins, TRX ADA XRP IOTA all come to mind. Look for coins then that can have as much success as they have done. Also as you said there's just too many coins and too much of a spread.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:37:41 PM

Hi guys,

That's my portfolio:
ETH   18.21 %
XRB   18.08 %
KIN   7.86 %
ICX   6.15 %
APPC   4.97 %
VEE   4.97 %
PRL   4.84 %
MIOTA   4.05 %
BAT   3.70 %
UFR   3.26 %
VEN   2.97 %
NEO   2.89 %
POE   2.74 %
TNB   2.68 %
WAVES   2.41 %
XRP   2.33 %
VIB   2.27 %
XMR   1.98 %
ITC   1.96 %
ADA   1.58 %
TRX   1.23 %

Thanks.

Your issue are not the coins but your mentality, you thought about it for months and without any experience invested in a huge number of coins and now that you are losing you want to reorganize your portfolio, decide which coins are you wiling to hold for  and hold them for years, selling after a bad week is not something an investor will do.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:44:33 PM

Your issue are not the coins but your mentality, you thought about it for months and without any experience invested in a huge number of coins and now that you are losing you want to reorganize your portfolio, decide which coins are you wiling to hold for  and hold them for years, selling after a bad week is not something an investor will do.

While you are not wrong, it also depends on the investor.  There are HODLers and there are FLIPpers...I happen to be both.

There are coins I HODL, and there are coins I adjust/flip as need or opportunity arises...not panic, just strategic play.  I am constantly on the lookout for promising coin and I don't hesitate to re-invest or collect my "winnings" to those as necessary.  So far it works great for me.
Thalandor (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:10:39 PM

First of all, thanks for all your replies.

@Barbarian , the thought of reorganizing my portfolio happened before I have loses (my english is so bad I don't know how to even express myself properly), Hype + FOMO were mainly the causes of that portfolio(hi there TRX, KIN, XRP, TNB, ...), that's why after some days I think I should reorganize it a little bit.

In my case, as @Poink I would like to hold some coins no matter what (like I said, ETH, XRB, then IOTA, POE and maybe ICX) for long term while some others are just to play a little bit. I would like a portfolio with a 70-80% of coins just to hold and the rest to look for new opportunities...until I get tired of it and just have a 100% hold.

I'll continue reading all your advices, thanks again.

Barbarian

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:45:53 PM

Your issue are not the coins but your mentality, you thought about it for months and without any experience invested in a huge number of coins and now that you are losing you want to reorganize your portfolio, decide which coins are you wiling to hold for  and hold them for years, selling after a bad week is not something an investor will do.

While you are not wrong, it also depends on the investor.  There are HODLers and there are FLIPpers...I happen to be both.

There are coins I HODL, and there are coins I adjust/flip as need or opportunity arises...not panic, just strategic play.  I am constantly on the lookout for promising coin and I don't hesitate to re-invest or collect my "winnings" to those as necessary.  So far it works great for me.
But the biggest difference is that you are an experienced trader a person that is relatively new to this needs to start slow and make safe bets while they learn, you do not need to be so conservative because you have experience and you know what to look for.
venox12

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:22:50 PM

dump ripple, i would sugest to you to look into viberate, its a music coin, and has a great potential in my opinion, it is still cheat tho, you can find more on it here: https://www.viberate.io
jimmywh

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:43:45 PM

I would dump XRP and BAT.
It might hit 3-4 USD in 2018, but there are a lot greater potential reward in some of your other picks.
Same goes for BAT. Even though Brendan Eich has done some remarkable jobs in the past, and Brave being a good browser, I believe that it too will be outgrown by your other picks, as the growth of it in 2017 has been rather slow in an extremely bullish market.

Beside these two, I think you have a solid portfolio with huge growth potential.

NB. I do believe XRP and BAT to be good projects, and in many ways they are safer picks than some of the other on your list, TRX for example, but in terms of short to mid term potential, I don't believe them to be as competitive.
An0nyMoose

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:43:10 PM

No Bitcoin?

I would not dump XRP now. It is not a very good coin but its price can go much higher.

Blockonomics                          ██
                         ████  ██

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄ ████  ████  ██
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ████  ████
    ▄█████▀▀         ▀▀█████▄ ██  ████
   ████▀                 ▀████   ████
  ████      ████████▄      ████ ████
 ████        ██    ██▄      ████ ██
████         ██     ██       ████
████         ██   ▄██▀       ████
████         ███████         ████
████         ██    ██▄       ████
████         ██     ██       ████
 ████        ██    ██▀      ████
  ████      ████████▀      ████
   ████▄                 ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
VibENewS18

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:50:17 PM

I'd work on getting more VIB.. they just joined the Ent Ethereum Alliance

http://www.fintech.finance/01-news/viberate-joins-the-enterprise-ethereum-alliance/
CrypticGambit

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:06:51 PM

There are too many coins in your portfolio, as I can see half of them are hyped coins, and they will likely to crash harder compared to other coins in next months, you should sell them and buy underpriced coins.

Yes, I agree his portfolio is over-diversified, he should focus on 5-10 projects instead of holding so many coins. It is very hard to track those coins and the news about them. That is why I think he should focus on real long-term projects and sell the rest.

Barbarian

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:49:38 PM

Yes, I agree his portfolio is over-diversified, he should focus on 5-10 projects instead of holding so many coins. It is very hard to track those coins and the news about them. That is why I think he should focus on real long-term projects and sell the rest.
Not only he has many coins he does not have the experience to manage so many coins, while I'm not an expert trader or anything, still most of my money is invested in bitcoin, that way no matter what happens most of my money is still safe in case something goes wrong with my investments.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: