Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:19:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: my ether wallet can be hacked??/  (Read 396 times)
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:34:53 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2018, 02:10:17 PM by Question123

If the private key know others for sure they will open your account.  So better if you keep it safe in document that no one knows except you. You need to secure your private key to thr dafe place like documents that have password so no one can knows about the private key or password.  For sure other people keep their private key to the safe place because they have a lot of tokrns their and if they are not they lose their all tokens.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1bonobo1

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:10:41 PM

use a hardware wallet and carefully keep the private key or your pass phrase!
You will not risk anything.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:03:32 AM

Recently few days i am worried about cybar attack dec 25 i was lost my valuable token.Now i am confused and ask a question in my mind mew can be hack? please give me any suggestion i am afraid now.

its depends on you how to  care of your privatekey for your MEW, myetherwallet as i understand hard to hack or open your personal account it bcause the privatekeys are very secured. even the owner of the account if he/she lose their keys have nothing chance to open of their account and all investment are can't transfer or withdraw.

Rhesie

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:23:55 AM

For me it depends on how the user care their private key. There are many hacker in this world. Sometimes there's a situation that you are really careful on your private key but the hacker is already hacked your wallet and you have no idea how they can do that.
chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:07:29 AM

Which kind of ether wallet do you use? There are varieties of them. If you mean MEW, yes, you can be hacked if you enter a phishing site. Misspelled urls are usually phishing sites so make sure that you double check before entering the url. Aside from this, you can be hacked if someone have access to your private keys. That is pretty much all.

Malamok101

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:11:03 AM

It depends on when you give your password to someone else. There is more information about my ownwallet because it does not steal others when you do not have anything else to say.

howlong358

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 04:23:24 AM

If you don't want to be hack. dont search myetherwallet on google because some fishing sites are on the top because they pay google ads to be on top.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
DanielRR1997

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:52:51 AM

To protect myself, every time I download a new version of the purse of the ether from github. Source files are always kept in the archive. For translation, I unzip and transfer Ether or Tokens from the local MEW

There is a very good tutorial about how to use MEW offline, you can even create a new ETH wallet offline. Here it is:
https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/offline/running-myetherwallet-locally.html
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:40:59 AM

Not at all,it is just an interface and doesn't store or save any user details that can be accessed by hackers.Unless you give your private key to some one or mistakenly let someone have access in which case it will be theft but not a hack.
Yeah and to add to that, unless you carelessly visit a phishing website and ended up inputting your private key, then the wallet is gone as well as all the funds in it. Internet is filled with a lot of fraudsters and hackers, so it is always necessary to stay secured, stay alert, bookmark some official pages, and then if possible just look for cold storage to store every asset. Sacrificing few dollars for the safety of your assets should not even be debated.
laluna24

Activity: 511

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:57:29 AM

Myetherwallet can be hack many users had been attacked by hackers. Through phishing sites, accidentally you share your own private keys to others. So many history that mew users had been hacked as this why we need to be careful.
inskraer

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:39:33 PM

All it is possible to break open. The main you go to official purse sites and record password to leaflet instead of to computer.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406

BAILOUT

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:54:42 PM

No I don't think it can be hacked, yes it can be hacked but very little chance for that. If you run it offline, then you are more safe but your computer can be hacked then as well  Smiley

00DKM@

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:49:41 AM

Recently few days i am worried about cybar attack dec 25 i was lost my valuable token.Now i am confused and ask a question in my mind mew can be hack? please give me any suggestion i am afraid now.
I think you should buy a licensed antivirus software. And be careful when visiting phishing sites. Do not click on links on social networking sites. These factors are fraught with the dangers of hackers. They always snoop around our accounts. I own a computer to store my wallet, and I have very little surfing on the web, just to log in to personal accounts and to reputable web sites.
maduranga

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 10:08:48 AM

It can't be hack if keep your private key safe if you leak your private key to any one or a phishing site that can be happen there are many fake sites that created look like etherdelta and MeW always check the url and stay updated with their Twitter and bookmark them better to use metamask extension or a hardware wallet
baricuri

Activity: 322

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:10:10 AM

I have a few friends, their wallets are attacked by hackers. They do not secure 2FA for their accounts. I think you should buy a personal computer for storing electronic wallets. And buy the license of anti-virus software. Do not visit the bad sites, scams. I have always been cautious of my account, because my family lives on the business of the crypto market.

lucian999

Activity: 144
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:35:47 AM

I think it's not a hack if you do not say your wallet to someone else and all the information you need to get in the background so that when something happens on your account you have a evidence to tell the support.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:40:34 AM

No I don't think it can be hacked, yes it can be hacked but very little chance for that. If you run it offline, then you are more safe but your computer can be hacked then as well  Smiley

This post makes no sense.

First you say you can't get hacked online and the you say you can get hacked.

Then you say running an offline wallet is safe and you can't get hacked and then you say you can get hacked as well.

Very confusing post.

It doesn't matter if offline PC gets hacked because there is no internet connection.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:30:54 AM

Your ether wallet can only be hack if you click some fishing which has a similarity on mew, but if you are cautious for sure your not going to be hack.  Just the only thing I know which is really safe was MEW and shafeshift.io

Just make sure the URL of the site correct before you provide your login details to the site then you're safe otherwise you may leak out your login details to hackers. The suggestion is you bookmark the correct URL and after that, you use the same URL to access your account. Also, try to install good original antivirus software on your PC to protect from various attacks.
This is just the best thing anyone should always watch out for, so as to not to fall victim to any phishing website. We are in a digital world, filled up with digital thieves and anyone who cannot try as much as possible to stay at alert, avoid any email links and tighten up the security of their wallets, should better go stick with the use of a cold storage.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:32:56 AM

yes, MEW could have been hacked and everything on the internet could be hacked, we have to be careful that it does not happen.
make sure your data is safe, you do not share data like private key to others, and make sure your computer is also safe from viruses Wink
As long as you are smart and you do not leave yourself vulnerable, it would be hard to get to you. It is just like a normal world where you leave your doors opened or use a very weak lock, and then expect a thief not to try to break in. What is important is once you are already aware of the environment that you are in, and then you should always keep yourself abased with all the necessary things to consider being able to stay secured.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:18:45 PM

Every wallet can be hacked but mostly because the owner doesn't care about their wallet. They never fix their attitude about how to protect their wallet. Such as, they click link into MEW with out check the address correctly, use another device or network to open their wallet, last one is their data really stolen from their pc/ laptop. This is modern technology and everything could happen just do what is necessary to protect your wallet. Good luck with you.

Because we're now in the era in everything is possible and hackers always think ahead of us. So the least we can do here is being cautious in everything we do and don't use private keys instead use metamask for logging in MEW. We're all responsible and be mindful in everything.
It is ignorance and carelessness that usually end up making people fall a victim. Ways to protect oneself has been talked about so many times on this forum as well as over the internet and all it takes is a little bit of Google search to keep oneself up to date, but most people are not always keen to research and then they end up falling for the same things that have been said for people to watch out for and be careful.

Metamask is really a good option for those who may not have the funds to purchase a good cold storage, at least that way, even MEW can be connected without having to login with private key.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: