Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:41:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum will explode after the upcoming hard fork of EtherZero?  (Read 710 times)
invot (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 08:29:58 PM

According to Mark Johnson, in Quora, "It is possible that Ethereum’s price will increase after the EtherZero (ETZ) hard fork on the 19th of January"

What do you think?

anthi

Activity: 149

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:35:18 PM

usually prices rise until the fork and then decrease
why should it be the other way round?

send 2 btc, get 1 back :p
bc1q0zvjvfzyl8792pemrgdkrg78z7fm4e6m6nztmr
nata777

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:38:44 PM

According to Mark Johnson, in Quora, "It is possible that Ethereum’s price will increase after the EtherZero (ETZ) hard fork on the 19th of January"

What do you think?
If to take an example bitcoin then I do not think that the etherium will grow after a fork, but in this market very honest unpredictable things that I will not be surprised to ethereum  grow after a fork
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:41:48 PM

usually prices rise until the fork and then decrease
why should it be the other way round?

I agree, I doubt it what the OP is saying is true (also who is Mark Johnson?). That being said, there could be some logic behind it. Suppose the current price increase is due to the hard fork, people are buying Ethereum so they can have Etherzero. It's entirely possible all these people will simply dump their forked coins and reinvest the profits into Ethereum, further boosting the price.
MikuMiku

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:45:14 PM

Oh, the hard fork of the EtherZero is the reason why eth price pumps up so much. I think it will still increase a little bit more.
Davinus

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:51:47 PM

No, why would it explode? the price is not even temptative at the moment. I do not know, but for me, ethereum will be very quiet during the next few weeks, it has already increased a lot. Maybe it can be $2000 before the middle of the year.
cyptobill

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:57:42 PM

Shall we get some free ETZ if we keep ETH?
luffare

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:11:16 PM

Shall we get some free ETZ if we keep ETH?
Yes, we shall if this info is not a fake:
How do you get your ETZ?
Hold the Private key, Keystore or Mnemonic Phrase:
Export your Private Key, Keystore or Mnemonic Phrase from wallet, then import them into the official EtherZero wallet to get ETZ. The EtherZero wallet is open source, you can download and run it locally.
Please note: Don't send your Private Key, Keystore or Mnemonic Phrase to anyone including the EtherZero team, or your ETH will be stolen. Recommend transfer ETH to your another wallet address before getting ETZ.
Do not hold the Private key, Keystore or Mnemonic Phrase:
If your Ethereum is kept in a trading platform or those wallets which do not support the private key derivation, you can ask the trading platform or wallet to get EtherZero for you. The users can contact the trading platform or wallet providers, and ask how to process it.
We will also contact the famous trading platforms and wallet providers to help you to get your ETZ.
datento

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:52:33 PM

Are you saying am going to get some Etherzero if i hold eth till january 19th.
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:45:51 AM

The funny thing is you can buy ETZ right now using ETH. 1 ETZ = 0.0075 ETH. Man, is it some kind of joke?

Lindazz

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:33:43 AM

A growing number of forks does lead to a rise in the price of the ETH in the short term, but in my opinion, these forks will eventually return to zero.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Haunebu

Activity: 3066
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:38:37 AM

A growing number of forks does lead to a rise in the price of the ETH in the short term, but in my opinion, these forks will eventually return to zero.
I agree with you here. I have observed that forks generally tend to increase the value rather than decrease it in the long run as well as the short term for reasons beyond me and I feel that the upcoming hard fork of EtherZero will indeed help Ethereum explode in value in the near future. At this rate, Ethereum might reach $2000 by the end of next month with minimum hassle.

I can already see Ethereum touching $1500 within a few days which is why I feel that $2000 is not unrealistic and the fork will help it get there. This would help Ethereum stay in its 2nd position for a long time.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Iamdeadlyz

Activity: 402
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:53:25 AM

I think so since some people want to hop in with these forks to get free coins.
JohnnyScience

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:57:30 AM

Ok seems another one to latch onto.  I'm not missing free ETZ!
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:05:00 AM

from the beginning, I already thought that the price of ethereum will be very high later on. and I've invested in ethereum and waited until the highest price arrived
gudjhonson

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:13:16 AM

is it true hard fork will happen? can be given a definite source for it to be really certain and sure so don't be fooled just because it distorted news only. need to be careful and not fall for the sheer news only. Huh

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
bonipper

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:16:14 AM

It will fall after fork and then rise again. History repeats itself.

Traders will buy ethereum until the fork to get their free EtherZero, then dump both straight afterwards. They are only interested in short term profits. Be prepared for a price crash immediately after the fork.
qigong13

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:39:16 AM

What do you think?
How and why the hard fork on the 19th of January help Ethereum’s price increase?
kdn

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:42:51 AM

anytime a crypto makes it into the mainstream news/media the price pumps, people will be flooding to buy ethereum after hearing news of a fork even though they have no idea why.
sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:58:31 AM

What do you think?
This could be possible going by experience with bitcoin. However, it think the price will first go down a little, before rising once again. The good thing is that ethereum is the most stable cryptocurrency in recent history, so the price would not go down much.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: