Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:21:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Evaluating a minning rig  (Read 190 times)
WilliamBratsky (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:13:21 PM

Hey guys.
If the Hashrate of a mining rig is 125.000Mh/s how much is it worth in USD?
and:
Has the difficulty of a coin something to do with it?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2567

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:59:15 PM

For a start, read through the Beginners & Help area to get at least *a little* idea about what you are getting into.....
Huge point is not all coins are Bitcoin. Bitcoin is 1 specific coin, BTC. The word 'Bitcoin' is NOT a generic term. All other coins are referred to as altcoins and from there by their names, eg ETH, ZEC, DASH, etc.

Follow that with this area is for BTC discussions only and BTC mining uses ASIC-based miners only. Period. You need to post in the altcoin areas for useful answers.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
WilliamBratsky (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:06:24 PM

For a start, read through the Beginners & Help area to get at least *a little* idea about what you are getting into.....
Huge point is not all coins are Bitcoin. Bitcoin is 1 specific coin, BTC. The word 'Bitcoin' is NOT a generic term. All other coins are referred to as altcoins and from there by their names, eg ETH, ZEC, DASH, etc.

Follow that with this area is for BTC discussions only and BTC mining uses ASIC-based miners only. Period. You need to post in the altcoin areas for useful answers.

Ok, could never the less tell me how much a setup would cost that has a effective Hashrate of 125.000Mh/s?
iliki

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:28:32 PM

May be I don't understend but you mean about 125 Mh/s or 125 000 Mh/s = 125 Gh/s Huh  whattomine.com - calc for miners !
WilliamBratsky (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:34:54 PM

May be I don't understend but you mean about 125 Mh/s or 125 000 Mh/s = 125 Gh/s Huh  whattomine.com - calc for miners !

Network (MH/s)
So i guess 125 GH/s
SriNr

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:15:30 AM

New to mining and testing the waters with two S9s, treating it as a learning experience. I would like to bounce my setup ideas off of you guys since you're much more knowledgeable than I.

I'll be running two S9s off an Amitylabs 2880W PS. The PS will connect to power with an L6-30 30amp connector, 12/2 w ground romex (20A), and through a 20A 2 pole breaker. Normally I like to undersize my breaker but the 15A 2 pole breakers were like 8x the price and 12/2 is fine at 20A. I'm only expecting to use 12A, anyway, but you don't buy breakers for what you're expecting Wink

I'm going to build an enclosure for the S9s and the power supply, with the S9s in their own section and the power supply in a separate section. Was going to line it all with some sound deadening foam.

The PS section will be open on both ends so that the PS fans can cool it using ambient air. The S9 section will have an input duct and two output ducts. The output ducts will be attached to a 6" duct to 120mm fan adapters from the exhaust side of the S9s and venting outside. The input duct will be a 6" duct fastened to the box surface on one end and to a 6" 442 CFM blower on the other end, the blower being used to create a positive pressure environment inside the S9 partition of the box and to make up for losses due to filtering. Was going to use some air tubing to make a water manometer on the side of the box to check internal pressure.

I haven't decided whether to filter the air with a homemade box & return filter (types used in home) or a clamp on KN style filter. I haven't found a box type return filter system that connects to a 6" duct so I'd likely have to make something. On the plus side, I can use a large filter meaning reduced flow constraining. The KN filters are convenient because they just clamp on the blower, are cleanable, and I don't have to build anything.

Anything I'm missing and/or issues with this setup
kumara

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:19:40 AM

Actually this post was moved after-the- fact, the OP did post the question in the alt-mining  (Altcoins) forum. So not fuzzy and warm Wink
[YAZ]

Activity: 208
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:21:14 AM

First, you post in bitcoin board before moved by the moderator to altcoin sections, we can't assume that you are mining bitcoin. Actually, we don't know what coin that you try to mining with that hash rate. Second, you need to know what coin it is. After that find online mining calculator, put your hash rate and the system will calculate your profit estimates (+ - 10% I think).
WilliamBratsky (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:27:46 AM

Actually this post was moved after-the- fact, the OP did post the question in the alt-mining  (Altcoins) forum. So not fuzzy and warm Wink

Thank you.
I thought so, but wasnt't too sure, and this guy seemed like he already had a bad day (life?), so I didn't want to push him lol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: