Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:40:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is soft cap important for bounty hunters?  (Read 61 times)
cryptolurve (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:35:42 PM

Hi guys,

I have the following question:

I am talking to the community management team with a cryptocurrency.

They are trying to talk me inot writing articles for them. I don't want to specify their name so that they can't say that I was bad-mounthing them.

These are the main points:

1. The have the hard cap and no soft cap for their ICO. The ICO provides for the distribution of 144 000 000 coins. They provide for the discounts. The highest discount (for those who buy tokens within the first hour) provide for the reduction of the price by 50%. 1 token equals 1 dollar. This means that if the whole volume has been bought at this discount, they would sell out at the level of 75 million dollars. This means that it's pretty strange, coz I think that it's very high for them. In addition, this means that if they fail to reach the hard cap of 144 millions, they will have to return the funds and will not be able to pay me for my efforts in coins, right? I mean - if they had the soft cap of, say, 300K USD, they would be able to distribute my bounty back to me, right?

2. There is no information what's going to happen if they have failed to reach the hard cap.

3. The White Paper is very bad and the team is very bad too.

4. There's no developer in sight.

5. They are sort working from home with no office...

6. The founder has the linkedin account with the first posts dating back 2 weeks ago.

7. They have specified some escrows in their White Paper, but I don't know who those people are. The escrows have no linkedin account specified.

They want me to write articles. I think that this ICO is fishy. Can you help me determine whether it's fishy or not. Could you please specify whether any of the 7 points make you think that it's fishy too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neolite

Activity: 206
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:04:55 PM

If you want to be paid the softcap need to be reached.That's why you need to be careful what bounty you are joining because only good project will reach the soft cap.

cryptolurve (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:35:22 PM

If you want to be paid the softcap need to be reached.That's why you need to be careful what bounty you are joining because only good project will reach the soft cap.

Yeah, I get that. The point is that this project does not have any soft cap and only the hard cap of around 75 million USD))) So, the main idea is that the project MUST HAVE  a nice low soft cap, so that we - the bounty hunters - can get our remuneration even though the project might have not reached the hard cap its has set out to get.

Also, I will be looking at the number of the people who have already joined the bounty campaign. It's like with the cryptocurrency, called Augur, which uses the huge numbers of people to make bets on anything and everything. The idea is that if people stake out their money on something, this means that they believe into this idea. So, if 2 cryptocurrencies launched on the same date, but the first one has 20 bounty hunters and the second one has 100 bounty hunters, then you most def should take part in the second one.

In order to determine the number of partipants, you need to go into the reporting documents in Google Docs or into the bounty thread and look for the number of people who post on Twitter and other socials during the first bounty week.

Most of campaigns do not show publicly the list of signature campaign participants though, which is sort of bad, coz the numbers of participants in this very campaign might be the most important tool to gauge the commitments by the BCT community.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: