Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:01:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinsmarkets SCAM  (Read 1977 times)
Watampone

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

RedKLess

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:25:24 AM
Merited by SastraID (5)

i have some coins there, i really hope they just upgrade and will back soon
i feel upset, confuse and grrrrr
i have 0.1+ BTC there, small for other but very huge for me  Cry
i know what you feel bro, i been scammed too and hope its the last
next time we should careful choose exhanger cause to many scammer outhere

◆  RedKLess  ◆
▐▐  Follow My Social Media Account ▐▐
Twitter ●● Facebook ●● LinkedIn ●● Reddit ●● Instagram ●● Medium ●● Telegram
TimeTeller

Activity: 2730
Merit: 588

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:38:37 AM

What are the chances we'll get our coins back though, in case authorities decide to act on this?

What can i do?

Report coinsmarkets & nforce to the dutch authorities!!

for the netherlands call 0900-8844 and for outside call 0031-343578844. The more the better this is gonna work! forget the coins! just report!

I believe that's one of the best things to do now.
If they happen to read this, they might communicate to the community what's really going on, if they still have plans to return in the crypto market.
But there's high probability of them not to go back in the crypto scene because of their poor communication with their customers.
So, for those who lost their coins, big or small, just be ready to accept the worst scenario that it's already gone.
Hedda Gabler

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:09:22 PM

Coinsmarkets seems to still be online here, and updated yesterday. http://185.66.140.234/news.php

Also the dev has been online Jan 20, not Jan 4th.

Do you think it's still a scam?
Zandar

Activity: 294
Merit: 161

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:54:41 PM

Coinsmarkets seems to still be online here, and updated yesterday. http://185.66.140.234/news.php

Fact: People are locked out of their coins for over a month now.
Fact: They were allready 2 weeks in downtime when they decided to post news about the downtime.
Fact: Their official website cannot be accessed for almost a week now. Just a simple page of 'We are working on it' would have been even enough, but no.
Fact: The same message 'coinsmarketschat: Severs overload we are migrating to a new servers , please bear with us.' has been popping up in their chat over and over for a month now.
Fact: People in chat luring people into telegram and discord groups pretending to be official CoinsMarkets crew to give real time updates of coinsmarkets to con people.
Fact: Communication from official coinsmarkets people have been like zero.

Think? We are way past the thinking part. I really hope that they have been operating form the Netherlands and people have reported them so they will not get away with this.
StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:50:24 AM

In as much I'll like to think otherwise, this coinsmarkets is turning out to be a big scam. There are so many means available to communicate with their customers but they chose to be silent leaving us to speculate while they're with our coins. If they have good plans it won't be so hard to see that.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
lolchina

Merit: 103

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:47:41 AM

People seems to forget that something like this happened before for example btc-e was down for 3 months after the arrest of some of its people but yet this still return to work under another name and domain,they are wex.nz now.As long as we can see that funds are still on the wallet and are not being moved i will belive that they will comeback
zamans98

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:55:33 AM

its gone mate
too much scam exchange,because i was forced onto, but the coin i traded only on Coinsmarkets
cryptodanik

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:04:02 PM

Guys the site is up or am i dreaming??
There is also a message from them on reddit from the Jan27 saying they found a new home for their hosting
and they are setting it all together...
SimonPerth

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:20:50 AM

In as much I'll like to think otherwise, this coinsmarkets is turning out to be a big scam. There are so many means available to communicate with their customers but they chose to be silent leaving us to speculate while they're with our coins. If they have good plans it won't be so hard to see that.

The lack of communication is frightening, painful with titbits and leaves you wondering where this is going to end up. I think the lack of communication might be explained if the first language of the owner isn't English, also if he is stressed. The stress can come about from his tech saying yes boss 3 hours and you get slapped again from the failed promises. Also the pressure from any investor, lack of people to turn to with good technical ability.

I really want coins markets to be back, I liked the site, also from a financial point of view with considerable assets stuck there. It also had a great client base and kicked Colx and Electra in the nuts when it went down.

I try not to look at the site anymore Smiley seeing all different versions of cached past histories is unnerving. Plus what may appear to be a comedy of errors is just doing my head in.

Feeling for everyone involved on this one
sunsetblues

Activity: 154

Live life to the fullest and focus on the positive

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:49:35 PM

People seems to forget that something like this happened before for example btc-e was down for 3 months after the arrest of some of its people but yet this still return to work under another name and domain,they are wex.nz now.As long as we can see that funds are still on the wallet and are not being moved i will belive that they will comeback

How was they able to track down the btc-e owners? Just wondering if the info will help us in tracking CM owners.

Have faith in humanity and never lose hope.
grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:34:17 PM

How was they able to track down the btc-e owners? Just wondering if the info will help us in tracking CM owners.
Fbi did the bust,they caught some guy who had the keys for it on some beach in Greece how exactly i dont know but crypto isnt anonymous as we think it is.It all depends where exchange is located,if its in some post comunist country you can be sure that they are paying off someone to let them work but also as a guarantee that owners wont run away with money because they would end up dead in some ditch
blasterspewpew

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:17:08 AM

Btc-e was actually a registered company with publicly known owner. No tracking was required. The owner was arrested for tax evasion, money laundering, etc. He didn't actually steal coins from his customers or scammed anyone.
cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 08:29:37 AM

Make deposit 40000 DOGE, trade does not work, the withdraw is not available, support is not responding.
this SCAM !

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘
lolchina

Merit: 103

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:20:41 PM

Btc-e was actually a registered company with publicly known owner. No tracking was required. The owner was arrested for tax evasion, money laundering, etc. He didn't actually steal coins from his customers or scammed anyone.
He wasnt the only one involved in it but the only one that got arrested,also a lot of funds was in cold storage that people who were running the exchange had acces and could run away with it but they didnt.Its a similar situation like with coinsmarkets with a difference that btc-e was a much larger exchange with long working history behind them so its posible that owners of cm are way of their heads tech wise
sunsetblues

Activity: 154

Live life to the fullest and focus on the positive

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:39:25 PM

We are tracking CM and offering a reward for Information Leading To Arrest And/Or Conviction Of CoinsMarkets thieves.

A community effort if anyone would like to help...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2185903.msg29953096#msg29953096

CoinsMarkets thugs we will track you down

Have faith in humanity and never lose hope.
propsharry

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:08:17 AM

It seems like coinsmarkets has stolen our Shield coins. Check this articles.

https://medium.com/@SHIELDcurrency/statement-regarding-coinsmarkets-1adad3df3825
Nguyendong

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:03:42 PM

It seems like coinsmarkets has stolen our Shield coins. Check this articles.

https://medium.com/@SHIELDcurrency/statement-regarding-coinsmarkets-1adad3df3825
Coinsmarket offline, it is scam
neptunenice

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 06:03:39 PM

I almost held a position in Electra on the other small exchange that was trading it known as coinhouse.eu. But I changed my mind when I saw red flags.

This is completely my own theory and opinion and should not be taken as fact.

I believe that Electra coin is a scam and the people behind it used their new found coin wealth to create the coinsmarkets.com trading site. They used a lot of hyp and marketing on Twitter, Youtube, Reddit and their own Telegram chat group to make people believe they were preparing for some kind of technology release.

Their objective has been to steal as much Bitcoin from people as possible by using a mix of the fake exchange and fake tech coin/ fake hype.

The coinhouse.eu another small exchange launched recently, I do believe this is a legitimate exchange and they gave me successful withdrawal on my Bitcoins. However that exchange is very new and obviously still a risk.

Of course it's possible that Coinsmarkets is not a scam and just run by really incompetent developers, in which case it would not have been too difficult for competent hackers to break in and steal all the cryptocurrency. An occurrence that WOULD be consistent with the DDOS attacks suffered by them.

Interestingly.. I believe they had Cloudflare setup to protect the server from DDOS attacks which leads me to believe the DDOS was likely directed towards a non HTTP service running on their server.

Hackers like to DDOS sites while they conduct their attack because it makes it harder for sysadmins to login and stop the attack not to mention they would have got bombarded with customer complaints to deal with at the same time.

yes you are very very right !!!exactly !!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: