Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:29:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ordering GPUs online and auto-notify  (Read 237 times)
jmigdlc99 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 01:17:04 AM

Has anyone had luck with ordering GPUs online lately? I'm actually subscribed to the auto-notify feature of Newegg and Amazon and i'm always actively checking my email for restocking updates. The problem is even if i see the auto-notification within 30 minutes of receiving the email, when i click the link to the product its still always out-of-stock or unavailable.

Any tips? Do i need a bot/script just to watch for restock / buying GPUs?

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:44:26 AM

30 minutes?  Grin Try 30 seconds if you're lucky. Basically unless you are at the computer to click on the email link the moment you get it, login and go through chceckout, chances are you will be too late. I keep nowinstock.net open to monitor all the different websites and set off the alerts. It's usually faster than waiting for the email.
jmigdlc99 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 03:20:48 AM

30 minutes?  Grin Try 30 seconds if you're lucky. Basically unless you are at the computer to click on the email link the moment you get it, login and go through chceckout, chances are you will be too late. I keep nowinstock.net open to monitor all the different websites and set off the alerts. It's usually faster than waiting for the email.

Lol 30 seconds is too much. Hope you're kidding. No wonder prices are now almost triple of original value again.
Nowinstock.net is nice. Thanks!

On a side note, I imagine tech / computer stores make a lot of money now selling anything mining related. Do computer stores buy from brands like MSI directly or do they also get it from alibaba or some wholesale contacts? Maybe going into import/shipping is a better business opportunity now. Any tips? Haha.

gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:27:05 AM

On two instances within the past week, I've watched gpu's go out of stock within 45 minutes after I got an email notification.  One was for a card I don't care too much about ... The other I did want, so I snagged 6 of them.  I just rely on the email app on my phone to alert me.  One of my friends just told me about nowinstock.net ... That's something that I'm going to try out.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
gotminer

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:29:39 AM

Has anyone had luck with ordering GPUs online lately?

"Lately" in crypto is hours, not days, right? Lol ... I was able to get six 1070ti's on Dec 19th ... six more 1070ti's on Dec 26th ... and six 1080ti's on Jan 8th.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:50:54 AM

Auto notify just isn't going to cut it in the fast paced GPU world.  I happened to see a 1070ti available on Newegg about a week ago just because I happen to be browsing at work.  i clicked order quickly and got it.  About 20 minutes later my auto notify from Newegg showed up. I clicked it just for fun and it was sold out.  Check every major place hourly and you may get lucky.  Cant rely on auto notify anymore.
gotminer

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:01:16 AM

Auto notify just isn't going to cut it in the fast paced GPU world.  I happened to see a 1070ti available on Newegg about a week ago just because I happen to be browsing at work.  i clicked order quickly and got it.  About 20 minutes later my auto notify from Newegg showed up. I clicked it just for fun and it was sold out.  Check every major place hourly and you may get lucky.  Cant rely on auto notify anymore.

I'm anti-New Egg since they charge sales tax in my state .... Lol .... I honestly have been lucky though .... I got 6 Vega56's in late November for a very good price and when my co-worker looked the next day, they were gone ... Haven't seen any since then that were not double or more than what I paid. 

Out of the 18 Nvidia cards that I've bought over the past three weeks, I feel like I've paid a fair price for them.  $500 each on the 1070ti's and $820 each on the 1080ti's.  And when I say fair price, I mean fair within the past couple of months.  I may have overpaid on the 1080ti's ... Not sure yet.  I haven't paid much attention to the prices on those lately. 

kumara

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:56:14 AM

"Lately" in crypto is hours, not days, right? Lol ... I was able to get six 1070ti's on Dec 19th ... six more 1070ti's on Dec 26th ... and six 1080ti's on Jan 8th.

Gamers are getting really pissed off at the doubling of the prices of gpus from just a couple of months ago.
jmigdlc99 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 05:42:40 AM

Yeah i see now auto-notify really wont be cutting it anymore so i'll be checking GPU stocks now regularly. I feel like i'm back to day trading.

Is nowinstock.net really reliable in terms of getting immediate updates?

Out of the 18 Nvidia cards that I've bought over the past three weeks, I feel like I've paid a fair price for them.  $500 each on the 1070ti's and $820 each on the 1080ti's.  And when I say fair price, I mean fair within the past couple of months.  I may have overpaid on the 1080ti's ... Not sure yet.  I haven't paid much attention to the prices on those lately. 

Nice deals. At current rates I see the 1070 TI going for $799 and the 1080 TI going for $1200. Lol.

gotminer

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:41:00 PM

Gamers are getting really pissed off at the doubling of the prices of gpus from just a couple of months ago.

I know.  I love it. 

gotminer

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:42:26 PM

Yeah i see now auto-notify really wont be cutting it anymore so i'll be checking GPU stocks now regularly. I feel like i'm back to day trading.

Is nowinstock.net really reliable in terms of getting immediate updates?

Nice deals. At current rates I see the 1070 TI going for $799 and the 1080 TI going for $1200. Lol.

I'm not sure about nowinstock.net.  One of my friends just told me about it last night and I haven't even looked at it yet.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: