Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:43:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative to Coinbase  (Read 709 times)
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:36:07 PM

I have been using Gemini for a while, and it works almost by the same way as Coinbase, only that they do not have 2fa activated on their site.

If you are just lost in the game, why do not you buy a ledger nano? And you can easily store everything in there... But if you use coinbase for buying bitcoins, just move to gemini.

it is almost the same thing, only that it is not based on the US.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:08:05 AM

When it comes to the crypto market, when you are in the quest of looking for alternatives, you need to be careful of what you wish for because its not always the expected that is being met. Although, Coinbase might have their own excesses but they are still one of the best in the market that would not run away with investors fund. So, looking for alternative, be sure to your own valid due diligence before parting away with your money.
Nfp

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:29:58 AM

Hi,

I am looking for alternatives to Coinbase to buy Bitcoin from fiat currency (USD) that better transaction fees than Coinbase. Is there any that accepts Amex too?

Thanks
Stephane

You can use binance as an alternative for coinbase for exchanging bitcoin using fiat. Binance is one of the newest cryptocurrency exchanges on the market that regularly lists new coins and has a high trade volume which recently surpassed $1 billion a day, and they also called it the new bittrex.
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:09:56 AM

Much recommended is LocalBitcoins.com very convenient to used, fast confirmation and small amount of transaction fee.
You can see also paxful and luno, those site is also good to buy bitcoin many good feedback in that site that is why i think that is also good to recommend.
Because me i am satisfied with our local bitcoin exchange and their services is not only buy and selling bitcoin we can used that exchange like a small business.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:05:25 AM

Hi,

I am looking for alternatives to Coinbase to buy Bitcoin from fiat currency (USD) that better transaction fees than Coinbase. Is there any that accepts Amex too?

Thanks
Stephane

It depends where you are located but if you are in the USA I have heard that Gemini is the best place to be.Also the Coinmamma is a great place too to buy bitcoins but their fees are also high.If you are in Europe you have a lot of options too, Bitstamp, Bitpanda and Kraken being some of the best places where you can buy bitcoin with FIAT.
mrvyasidea

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 08:36:57 PM

I am using coinbase for a long time and never ever thought to change that. But this time due to lots of cyber attacks and the possibility of every digital asset to be hacked. It is a wise decision to diversify your digital assets among different exchanges or wallet and while searching I found top 7 best coinbase alternatives.
Which are lower in transaction fees and easy to access providing same as coinbase feature including security, transaction fees and many more features so did the transfer of few Cryptocurrencies from Coinbase to them, all such platforms I have listed here for user guide I thought this might help for you.
https://www.mrvyasidea.com/coinbase-alternatives.html
Freny250
Copper Member

Activity: 307
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 06:53:17 PM

There are many alternative to coinbase with quick payout and local fiat option.  Coinbee, kraken, remitano, luno are all alternative to coinbase

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
chenille

Activity: 428
Merit: 172

chenille!

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 02:45:41 PM

Fees on Coinbase are not very cheap so if you like you can try BitPanda, it's an reliable service from austria and they are very popular to convert Fiat/crypto or crypto/Fiat: https://www.bitpanda.com/en

⁓ chenille! ⁓
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 05:57:04 PM

Why coinbase, you may need to try the localbitcoins.com.

wherever you are, you can find the traders at your location. If you can tell you location means I can check by own and share the link to find the traders for the available options you wish.
I see that you are preferred to have amex transaction but not sure whether traders available at your location do that easily. So check and do it as you wish buddy.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 12:14:24 AM

Fees on Coinbase are not very cheap so if you like you can try BitPanda, it's an reliable service from austria and they are very popular to convert Fiat/crypto or crypto/Fiat: https://www.bitpanda.com/en
IIRC Bitpanda isn't friendly towards those in the United States as they disallow IPs from the United States from purchasing crypto on the site though. I assume OP's in the US if the fiat he/she wants to transfer is USD, though I might be wrong. I tried using them a while back in the United States and I wasn't able to purchase anything.
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 02:37:12 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2022, 09:48:07 PM by ololajulo

no one is asking of his/her location. The location might determine the accessibility and currency trade there. Kraken does not trade in Africa and may not pass the KYC there as well,just like binance has taken over in the Africa and can trade bitcoin with virtually all currency there, so is most of exchanges with capacity of fiat to crypto trade.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 10:50:16 AM

no one is asking of his/her location. The location might determine the accessibility and currency trade there. Kraken does not trade in Africa and may not pass the KYC there as well,just like binance has taken over in the Africa and can trade bitcoin with virtually all currency there, so is most of exchanges with capacity of fiat to crypto trade.
Some replies questions if what country is in to but he didn't bother to respond on it although we can assume that he from the USA and alike countries where us dollar is the main currency that is being used because he prefers this currency anyway. You are right though, we need to figure out if which country we are in first because a lot of exchanges have a country restriction now.

It is kinda been long since he ask this question, although some users suggested binance, he still did not add it on his list maybe because binance was still a new exchange that time and users still have doubts using the exchange. The currency and payment supported may also not be as wide as they have today.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: