Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 09:26:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fast ETH transactions  (Read 159 times)
Daddy33 (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:49:28 AM

Hi there,
I just registered here spontaneously to ask you for help/strategy for ERC20 token crowdsale participations when the hard cap is expected to reach fast.

I think sending transaction from a full node is the fastest way, but I guess this is a little complicated for a non-techie. What do you think about MetaMask, as we can use a custom GAS & GWEI here. What amounts would you recommend? I guess everything over 60 GWEI is fine (as the majority probably use 60 because it's max possible in MEW) How many Gas?

Another question: Do you know if an transaction can be made when the target address is known before the specific block has been mined?
For example crowdsale starts at block 4893867 and I send very shortly 1 block earlier at block 4893866. This would fail, right?

Answers from pros would be very appreciated.
Thank you a lot.
Daddy33
prabhu3361

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:17:13 AM

When It comes to GWEI, Imtoken(Android App) allowing up to 100 GWEI, MetaMask will allow more than 100 GWEI I guess.
Daddy33 (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:44:37 AM

When It comes to GWEI, Imtoken(Android App) allowing up to 100 GWEI, MetaMask will allow more than 100 GWEI I guess.

That's good to know, so I should put over 100 GWEI then. I think if it comes to speed of transaction the GWEI is the only important thing. GAS instead is not that much important, do you can confirm?

Can somebody explain the exact difference between GWEI and GAS?

Thanks a bunch.
blozo

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 11:45:59 AM

Before sending a transaction you should check https://ethgasstation.info/ and see how many gwei you need you need in order to make a fast transaction

Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:43:31 PM

Before sending a transaction you should check https://ethgasstation.info/ and see how many gwei you need you need in order to make a fast transaction

How to use this site?
Can not understand anything.

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 01:55:45 PM

You actually don't even need to use Metamask or run your own ethereum node. You can simply use myetherwallet.com (just watch out for phishing attempts). I think you already know this but the speed of your ETH transaction will primarily depend on the gas price or "gwei" you spend for the transaction. Usually when I want a transaction sent fast I just immediately set gwei to 61. Gets confirmed in less than 5 mins for me.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Daddy33 (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:51:15 PM

You actually don't even need to use Metamask or run your own ethereum node. You can simply use myetherwallet.com (just watch out for phishing attempts). I think you already know this but the speed of your ETH transaction will primarily depend on the gas price or "gwei" you spend for the transaction. Usually when I want a transaction sent fast I just immediately set gwei to 61. Gets confirmed in less than 5 mins for me.

But GWEI limit is 60 in Myetherwallet, isn't it? I wasn't logged in for a while maybe they've changed it, because since I heard myetherwallet was compromised I'm a little scared and stay away from it.
prabhu3361

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:39:14 PM

That's good to know, so I should put over 100 GWEI then. I think if it comes to speed of transaction the GWEI is the only important thing. GAS instead is not that much important, do you can confirm?

Can somebody explain the exact difference between GWEI and GAS?

Thanks a bunch.

Daddy33, Still you are looking more information???  The block 5019055 has all the answers you need, https://etherscan.io/txs?block=5019055. Please PM me, I will let you know how to analyze.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: