Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:45:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kraken Exchange Down for Maintenance  (Read 500 times)
MrN1ce9uy (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:53:32 AM

The site has been down for some time without warning or a time frame. Why do they not give a warning to their users? This is somewhat disturbing. I'm hoping they fix whatever issue was causing the site to give an error during random times preventing use of the exchange.

https://www.kraken.com/

Anyone know anything about it?
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gregfromo

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:00:51 AM

https://status.kraken.com/
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:35:19 AM

Maybe he updating their server software to prevent new Meltdown and Spectre vulnerability

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
un4given

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:50:04 AM

it has been almost 24h now. a long maintenance if u ask me.  Roll Eyes it is always a little shock, since they do not warn about the upcoming maintenance
toreador

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:10:32 AM

Let's give them enough time to solve some issues , better 1x a "long" time down and problems solved than 10 "short" times down and retrying solving problems !
Don't forget the site is on 24/24 , 7/7 , so maintenance has to be done somewhere in time.
And I'll be very happy if "502-error trading" will be reduced with this maintenance.  Cheesy Cheesy
For me it's a very reliable exchange and that's what matters the most afterall.
Have some faith and trust , they deserve it.
However , I prefer a short downtime above a long one to.  Wink Wink

un4given

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:47:26 AM

Let's give them enough time to solve some issues , better 1x a "long" time down and problems solved than 10 "short" times down and retrying solving problems !
Don't forget the site is on 24/24 , 7/7 , so maintenance has to be done somewhere in time.
And I'll be very happy if "502-error trading" will be reduced with this maintenance.  Cheesy Cheesy

yes, at some point you are right. but Kraken is not a small enterprise and they can allow themselves a test environment, where they can test the changes in the test environment and after SIT and UAT implement it in the production environment.
 Smiley
but lets wait a little bit longer...they are a trusted exchange. i remember back in time bittrex couldnt verify my account for almsot 2 months and my funds were frozen...
toreador

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:17:27 AM

yes, at some point you are right. but Kraken is not a small enterprise and they can allow themselves a test environment, where they can test the changes in the test environment and after SIT and UAT implement it in the production environment.
 Smiley
but lets wait a little bit longer...they are a trusted exchange. i remember back in time bittrex couldnt verify my account for almsot 2 months and my funds were frozen...

Agree , it's always something ! :-)
We've got some time for research now or we can spend some profits and stimulate the economy.  Grin
Grtz
un4given

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:43:55 AM

Smiley

Agree , it's always something ! :-)
We've got some time for research now or we can spend some profits and stimulate the economy.  Grin
Grtz
pity there are almost no available NVIDIA GPUs at EU Market for a reasonable price. makes the spending not that easy Cheesy
MrN1ce9uy (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:48:53 AM

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that's been getting the "502-error trading". Kraken has been my favorite I was becoming disappointed in getting the errors more and more frequently the past few weeks. I can live without them for a day or two. Maybe I'll get some gains while I hold.
Caymoor

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:55:56 AM

The site has been down for some time without warning or a time frame. Why do they not give a warning to their users? This is somewhat disturbing. I'm hoping they fix whatever issue was causing the site to give an error during random times preventing use of the exchange.

I have made a deposit there and they have put the exchange in the maintenance mode.
Matj

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:08:43 PM

I wish them luck. They must be getting a ton of s**t from many people already, but hopefully this maintanance will fix their issues permanently. I kinda like Kraken. Don't know why. Centralized exchanges are soon becoming obsolete anyway.

Sorry for people who hold too much money on exchanges. It must be scary times whenever an exchange goes down for maintanance. Everyone is saying this, but I will repeat too: Keep your own private keys.
minernoob1978

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:41:13 PM

no big deal, sometimes maintenance is must to sort all issues
the3dwizard

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:58:09 PM

Glad I already moved off, I got tired of all the connection issues.  Could not rely on making the trades or withdrawals when I wanted to.
bithash.ch

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:22:39 PM

Well, before the upgrade/maintenance the site was almost unusable, countless connection errors and related usual dramas...

Let's hope, things turn out good, after maintenance...but remaining skeptical on that...
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:28:32 PM

As far as I know they have sent out a warning via their official channels. At least thats what I read on the Kraken thread in the forum. But I agree that the communication for things like this has to improve. I was really lucky that I just in time withdrew the money that I needed from Kraken. The next day I tried to access the website I couldnt anymore. I still have fiat sitting in there, so I hope that they will be quick with the site maintainance.
globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:32:08 PM

Site currently on maintenance. Message below confirms that...

'***MAINTENANCE ANNOUNCEMENT***

Kraken is presently offline for maintenance.

While maintenance is underway, the website and API will not be reachable, and orders will not be able to be placed or canceled.

The Kraken Team'
vitruvius619

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:07:49 PM

Am I the only one who is extremely nervous about this?
borya2002

Activity: 87
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:25:51 PM

Personally I am very worried
Traumwandler

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:29:33 PM

I dont know why but somehow it reminds me on something happened on 6. Dec.

Nicehash started the same
gregfromo

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:57:53 AM

I'm fairly new to this crypto "scene". has something like this happend before somewhere?
I guess there will be a mass movement away from them, after they get online again,
in connection with a huge performance impact, and maybe next downtime due to overload ...  very scary
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: