Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:26:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: i want to get a pc rig with a bunch of video cards to mine where do I begin?  (Read 148 times)
Digital Drug Lord (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:01:41 AM

are there any hardware options? looking to mine build my own, or if someone knows an hardware one thats good thanks. like to hear some first hand pros and cons of it all
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:04:10 AM

This: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383627.0

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
Omg9500

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:11:03 AM

my best recommendation would be to start reading as much as you can and then ask questions....
coacoin.co

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:12:14 AM

Thanks you.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:26:05 AM

Start with how much your budget. Buy a motherboard that has more 3 PCIe slots. Usually, the miner will buy a motherboard that has at least 6 PCIe slots. If you want MB to have more 7 Slots, you can buy MB that has an M2 adapter. For SSDs buying 128 GB or 256 GB, some people recommend the "Samsung" brand. PSU adjust to how much you will buy a video card (GPU). For GPU series you can choose AMD card or NVIDIA series. and don't forget you buy USB Riser.

example:
MB : Asrock H110 Pro BTC+ (13 slots), Asus Prime Z270-A (7 slots),Asrock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 (6 slots).
PSU : EVGA, Corsair etc.
GPU : AMD Cards (RX480,RX580, Vega), NVIDIA (1070,1070ti, 1080,1080ti)
b20lopez

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:28:23 AM

if you have good amount of $$$ buy 1080 ti.
it will give u more value in the long run
ottomans_enigma

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:36:25 AM

Hi, you can use this guide; they says where that you begin

https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/8208/ethereum-mining-guide-part-basics-set-up/index.html
Digital Drug Lord (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:04:32 PM

besides the stand alone bitcoin hardware miners do they sell any dedicated hardware that can mine all the coins a PC can? doing the math its get expensive, and these cards can break

i know this might be frowned upon by the pc side but would i make more money from this

https://www.amazon.com/Block-Avalon6-Bitcoin-Miners-3-5/dp/B01AKU94HY/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1515787612&sr=1-11&keywords=bitcoin+miner

or make more money from building a rig? I like money but I also like the idea of mining a coin that could be the next bit coin
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:08:27 PM

besides the stand alone bitcoin hardware miners do they sell any dedicated hardware that can mine all the coins a PC can?

No.  You buy the hardware and build it yourself.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Juggar

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:11:24 PM

You cant buy a prebuilt mining rig unless you pay a premium $$$.

Nothing is free and a prebuilt rig will cost more than building it yourself.

Right now, you can hardly buy ANY cards worth mining on. Anyone selling GPU's/Rigs/components knows its a sellers market. Even god damn Newegg raised the price on the VEGA FE card from $749 to $799 and everyone knows those are a bitch to deal with.

Good luck, because you're going to be paying out the nose and that's taking a big gamble that Eth stays where its at price wise, because if the price falls, the difficulty wont.
Digital Drug Lord (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:47:48 PM

You cant buy a prebuilt mining rig unless you pay a premium $$$.

Nothing is free and a prebuilt rig will cost more than building it yourself.

Right now, you can hardly buy ANY cards worth mining on. Anyone selling GPU's/Rigs/components knows its a sellers market. Even god damn Newegg raised the price on the VEGA FE card from $749 to $799 and everyone knows those are a bitch to deal with.

Good luck, because you're going to be paying out the nose and that's taking a big gamble that Eth stays where its at price wise, because if the price falls, the difficulty wont.

So I have a 1070 8gb card and I was looking into getting a Vega 56 or 64 to live together in my pc

Can this be done or will heat be an issue? My mother board can fit it they said.

Can these 2 cards work together for all the cryptos or will I be shooting my self in the foot mixing and matching?

Why did you say Vega is a bitch to deal with?
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:07:55 AM

I wouldn't mix AMD and Nvidia in the same rig, but that isn't to say it won't work.  I like to keep things simple.  If I'm building a 6 gpu rig, I want all of the cards to be identical. 

Vega's can be a bitch to deal with because they aren't as plug n play as Nvidia cards.  I have one 6 gpu vega rig that runs like a champ.  It's set up to enable and disable the gpu's in device manager on every reboot.  It's also set up to restart the miner if it dips below a specified hashrate threshold that is preset by a script that runs every time I start the miner. 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Digital Drug Lord (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:41:10 AM

I wouldn't mix AMD and Nvidia in the same rig, but that isn't to say it won't work.  I like to keep things simple.  If I'm building a 6 gpu rig, I want all of the cards to be identical.  

Vega's can be a bitch to deal with because they aren't as plug n play as Nvidia cards.  I have one 6 gpu vega rig that runs like a champ.  It's set up to enable and disable the gpu's in device manager on every reboot.  It's also set up to restart the miner if it dips below a specified hashrate threshold that is preset by a script that runs every time I start the miner.  

is one card have the advantage over the other by say mods or programs people made to make it work?

im mining monero with nvidia and I heard AMD cards are better, but someone gave me 2 tiny little programs and now im mining with my cpu and gpu.
which company has t he advantage? I heard good things about the 56/64, but if nvida can run more algos because user made mods thats a very good pro that should be brought up

now this is where I dont  understand, which card does more algos and can one card do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: