Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:39:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Korean Theory with no proof whatsoever  (Read 267 times)
mR.k0fka

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:58:10 AM

My theory is that the Korean Gov't said they would ban crypto so that their special interest groups could buy in at a discount after missing out on all these gains. I think that the korean Gov't eventually will back down to a certain extent.

thats it for my conspiracy theory of the day

edit: i think the Korean market will come back stronger than ever before

just like every time...
it was so fake, after 5 minutes i saw a response about it that its bullshit
Jrein23

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:07:01 AM

I've read a bit in to this and it seems like bs.

1. I'm reading SK are banning crypto exchanges from operating in SK
2. I'm not reading anything about SK citizens not being allowed to own crypto or trade outside of SK

If I'm wrong please some one correct me, as there's a huge difference between the 2.

Yeah that is correct. Actually what happen was a raid to exchange sites located in SK, Law makers decided to tighten and regulate this exchanges and was not looking to ban bitcoin as a whole.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:42:10 AM

I agree with you, we have seen such kind of Fuds last year too but btc has only came back more stronger, i hope we will see big comeback from overall crypto market soon.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
SHBlizzard (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:17:22 PM

lol my mother called me about the news FUDing out "Korea is banning bitcoin, are you going to sell some of your position?!" my response : "i'm not Korean" Cool

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:25:28 PM

My theory is that the Korean Gov't said they would ban crypto so that their special interest groups could buy in at a discount after missing out on all these gains. I think that the korean Gov't eventually will back down to a certain extent.

thats it for my conspiracy theory of the day

edit: i think the Korean market will come back stronger than ever before

It isn't exactly a bad theory even though it has 0 evidence. I think it was Decentralised TV (youtube channel) that pointed out that from a study was concluded that 1/3 of Korean working class is balls deep in crypto. It would not only be economicall suicide to ban crypto, it would become a ''black saturday/sunday'' in the history of Korea as thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of people commit suicide cause they can't bear the losses.

But they could threaten with it to cause a depression in prices briefly so they have an opportunity to step in. I really can't see such a decision actually being made, plus the general population, if 1/3 is invested would be outraged and maybe even riot and throw over the government of S-Korea. The consequences of such a ban is interesting to think about though when such a larger number of the populace is invested so deep.

I think they're taxing it now, but honestly. If I we're in government, I would probably take a similar stand as Belarus and not tax crypto as your population can only benefit from it on the longer term. Crypto right now as it is still has amazing upside potential, a population that isn't very rich compared to European countries for example could benefit enermously from it.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: