Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:55:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which mining would you suggest, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, or another? Which o  (Read 122 times)
danielleZ (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:49:27 AM

Which mining would you suggest, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, or another? Which one is more profitable for beginners?
albertorma

Activity: 173
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 04:55:26 AM

If you can afford it then buy some asic miners. I would say bitcoin but every cryptocurrency on your list is nice. Otherwise ethereum. But damm... Those asics are pretty nice ^^

heyspongebob

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:21:07 AM

ETH mining is at almost every person reach, you don't require any special knowledge nor gear so is the way to go for most of us
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:48:42 AM

Which mining would you suggest, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, or another? Which one is more profitable for beginners?
Well if you are mining on your computer then i suggest that you should mine on ethereum instead other coins are using asic miner to mine bitcoin, litecoin amd other coins or just mine a new cryptocurrencies because the difficulty of generating coins is very low but if you have enough money to invest on mining then you should buy asic miners and mine bitcoin or litecoin.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:17:32 AM

it doesn't matter which, you should calculate to see which one is more profitable for you.
consider the following:

1. the initial investment
which included buying equipment and ease of buying them. for example you may not be able to find the best/latest ASIC miner fast and cheap enough considering shipping, etc. but you can find any GPU that you want in the market much easier.
also consider the total price you have to pay.

2. Electricity cost.
this is what will eat through your profit. you need to have a cheap electricity in order for mining to be profitable and worth doing.

3. price fluctuations.
for example if you have been mining bitcoin in the past couple of years any bitcoin you gained is now worth a lot more. imagine you mining 1 year ago, each bitcoin was $900-$1000 and now it is worth $13000

4. options
with GPU mining you have more options and you can switch from one shitcoin to another shitcoin to mine when they are pumping and becoming more profitable temporarily. with ASIC and mining bitcoin your options are a little more limited.

Only Bitcoin
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:22:54 AM

I do not mine on myself but some of my acquaintances are talking that there is very hard to mine Bitcoin at last period of time. It became very complex. So it is better to deal with Litecoin and Ethereum.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:24:31 AM

If you can afford it then buy some asic miners. I would say bitcoin but every cryptocurrency on your list is nice. Otherwise ethereum. But damm... Those asics are pretty nice ^^

Asic miners are worth so much though, and to really justify the cost, I feel like you need to buy multiple. Even then, the difficulty of mining coins in general is getting worse and worse. Soon enough, we're going to need something even more powerful. Ethereum is the way to go, especially if you're just getting into mining.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:23:31 AM

There are things to consider if you want to make profit by mining cryptocurrencies. First, how much money are you willing to spend for this? if you only have average amount of capital to start then I recommend mining with cryptocurrency that can be mined using GPUs (like Ethereum and Litecoin), if you have big capital and can afford to invest on latest ASIC miners that can produce huge amount of hashing power then go for Bitcoin. Also consider the price of electricity in your area, the more cheaper the more profit you will get (but still depends on how efficient your mining hardware is). Use mining calculator so that you will know how much you will earn each month.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: