Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:03:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawing on BTCe error "Money hold. 40625 min left"  (Read 13698 times)
passo

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:49:03 PM

Im on my 8th day now.   sent a few angry tickets and i hope they wont slow down the process.    Just pissed me off, even the btc and ltc that i had before i made a money transfer is locked down.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tlielaxu

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:02:41 PM

How long was your account kept on hold for?

Ten days.

Hmm. 7th day for me (since USD credited; 15th days since first upload of ID docs). 7th trouble ticket. 4th time I've uploaded my documents. First time they asked me (in a response to a trouble ticket request) to provide my full name AGAIN in addition to the documents - although I used it to register on the ticketing system.. and it is of course on the ID documents.. and it was of course supplied as part of my initial document upload 2 weeks ago..

I've asked for an explanation about 15 times, but never any response other than the canned "Hello, it's actually difficult to understand what's the problem, could you describe it in detail + screenshots" or the one about the bank needing the ID docs.

I decided to go with BTC-e this time because the process with Mt.Gox seemed slow last time. But that was at least done in a day or so. This really makes me want to scream.

Guess it will have to be bitstamp next time. Can't wait for coinfloor to actually get going.

Ha! They did the "Hello, it's actually difficult to understand what's the problem, could you describe it in detail + screenshots" to me today too. It's almost like some kind of sick game they're playing where they come up with a new canned response every week and throw in one of the old ones to remind you that you are royally f**ked. Asked again today and again they also threw in the "Our bank ask you provide a copy of you ID and utility bill not more than 3 months old in high res quality (>300DPI scan) due to high fraud activity". They updated the withdrawal hold message now also (now its in hours vs minutes and they've tiered their levels of "F**k you"):

Money hold. 383 hours left

Why do I see such error? Hold is used in the following cases:

* Changing\resetting the password, changing of the e-mail. For the purpose of security. Hold up to 3 days. It cannot be removed.
* Depositing money from the payment systems with a high fraud activity. Hold from 1 to 7 days. It cannot be removed.
* Depositing money through the wire transfer. The time of the hold is from 1 month. It can be removed by providing your IDs through the ticket.

Don't know about first two but I can confirm the last one is a steaming pile as can anyone who's done a wire recently and had to play their sick game of "how frustrated can I make you". -->They won't remove the hold regardless of how many times you submit ID and utilities<--
This is how BTC-e customer service gets their jollies.
colonelmustard

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 12:16:52 AM

Do people have to wait the 30 day holding period repeatedly every time they wish to make a withdrawal?
Cubic Earth
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:09:41 AM

I am happy to report that my hold got lifted after about 9 days in place.  Bad customer service, but in the end they came through.  I had $16k and 1.5 BTC stuck in there.
passo

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:14:43 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 11:25:15 PM by passo

Really getting fustrated now After i have written to them everyday for 9 days and sent my id several times i get a email saying that i have not responded to their emails so they will close my ticket.
colonelmustard

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:26:47 AM

Any updates for anyone else on this?

Still stuck with a hold.

Want to know if the hold resets if I transfer more cash.
l.j2300

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:30:29 AM

They fixed my money hold a couple of days ago after emailing them the necessary documents multiple times and opening many support tickets (as well as skype messages).
colonelmustard

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:34:08 AM

They fixed my money hold a couple of days ago after emailing them the necessary documents multiple times and opening many support tickets (as well as skype messages).

No I get that bit, however, have you transferred cash in more than once before?
l.j2300

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:07:24 PM

No I get that bit, however, have you transferred cash in more than once before?

No, that was my first time.
colonelmustard

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:51:51 PM

Ah I see, same for me. Can't seem to get a clearer picture if the Hold on the funds resets if you send in more money to them.
Or if you have to go through the same crap getting the account re-authenticated every time you send funds in.

Seems counterintuitive.

Its a pity that the other exchanges don't deal in the same order of magnitude for LTC volume.
l.j2300

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:43:19 PM

Ah I see, same for me. Can't seem to get a clearer picture if the Hold on the funds resets if you send in more money to them.
Or if you have to go through the same crap getting the account re-authenticated every time you send funds in.

Seems counterintuitive.

Its a pity that the other exchanges don't deal in the same order of magnitude for LTC volume.

Good question, actually wondering that as well. I don't want to risk doing it again just because i'm hearing that people are still going through this problem.
colonelmustard

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 05:51:36 PM

Just quoting myself. Was just informed that Okcoin surpassed BTC-e in terms of LTC volume.
Cubic Earth
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:36:53 PM

Seems counterintuitive.

Good question, actually wondering that as well. I don't want to risk doing it again just because i'm hearing that people are still going through this problem.

After my hold was released I bought BTC and withdrew.  Now I have tempted fate and and wiring more money.  If there is another hold, at least I can be reasonably assured the hold will be lifted at some point.  The first hold was somewhat terrifying, I thought they may never lift it.  Bad customer service and strange policies?  Yes.  Thieves?  Not in my experience.
l.j2300

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:05:54 PM

Seems counterintuitive.

After my hold was released I bought BTC and withdrew.  Now I have tempted fate and and wiring more money.  If there is another hold, at least I can be reasonably assured the hold will be lifted at some point.  The first hold was somewhat terrifying, I thought they may never lift it.  Bad customer service and strange policies?  Yes.  Thieves?  Not in my experience.

I agree with you about btc-e's customer support, but until they address and fix this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334039

I will not deposit USD to their account.
passo

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:35:59 AM

They canceled my first ticket after 10 days.  I sent a new one and it took them 1 day to respond and another day to let me move my coins.  So overall it took me 13 days to get the money hold off.   Now when you open a new ticket at btc-e there is a option for money hold problems.
colonelmustard

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:58:07 AM

Seems counterintuitive.

After my hold was released I bought BTC and withdrew.  Now I have tempted fate and and wiring more money.  If there is another hold, at least I can be reasonably assured the hold will be lifted at some point.  The first hold was somewhat terrifying, I thought they may never lift it.  Bad customer service and strange policies?  Yes.  Thieves?  Not in my experience.

I agree with you about btc-e's customer support, but until they address and fix this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334039

I will not deposit USD to their account.

I don't think that it can be overstated that there is a third party in all of this, specifically the bank that they are dealing with. SEPA transfers (EU to EU countries) have a different regulatory process compared to international US to EU wires and thus a different amount of paperwork involved. It doesn't help that the exchange is open 24/7 whilst the banks are only open for a total of 39 hours a week in most European countries. Regardless, I too am interested in seeing how the US bank transfer works out.
colonelmustard

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:59:25 AM

They canceled my first ticket after 10 days.  I sent a new one and it took them 1 day to respond and another day to let me move my coins.  So overall it took me 13 days to get the money hold off.   Now when you open a new ticket at btc-e there is a option for money hold problems.

I suppose the fact that there is now a "money hold problems" option within the help tickets is suggestive that this may be a diffuse problem? Strangely reassuring.
Sulaco

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:24:48 AM

I sent a wire transfer for US$20,000 on Nov. 19.  Was credited to my btc-e account on Nov. 24. After that, had no problems buying coins and then getting my coins out.
kingbtcvl

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:52:22 PM

this money hold fuck and obviously their support, too, is a fucking joke.
but maybe i have just found a workaround: i have tried to withdraw my coins and got the message with a money hold of something like 465h, so something around 20 days. but now i have simply changed my password (which always results in a money hold of 48h) and indeed when i try to withdraw now the money hold message shows only 48h. so i do have the hope that the old money hold has been overwritten by the new one. i will tell you on sunday if this method really works out or if the old money hold is still saved in a queue.
petemoss

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:48:29 PM

Same problem here. Bought a shitload of bitcoins but when I went to withdraw to my wallet, BTC-e informed me that
there was a "money hold" and I would have to wait 650 hours to withdraw! Thanks to this thread, I see  what I must
do, namely send a copy of my ID and utility bill. I've just done that and hopefully they will release my hostage coins!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: