Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:41:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reward 10 DeepOnion or equivalent BTC, recover BIP38 passphrase of paper wallet  (Read 178 times)
seaking001 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:23:06 AM

For helps!

I'd  like to reward 10 DeepOnion or  equivalent BTC, recover my BIP38 passphrase of my DeepOnion paper wallet.

now  I face a big trouble,  I may lose my 118 DeepOnions forever. Currently I am trying to recall the password and also looking for tools and methods ,and looking for the god of technology to recove or crack my BIP38 passphrase.

I can accept you laugh at me silly to actually forget the password. This post is to remind newcomer do not make the same low-level error, that is, mistakenly

think of BiP38 encrypted private key directly as DeepOnion private key, but ignore or even forget BiP38 password.

Since I did not setup and sync a desktop qt wallet when buying DeepOnion on Dec 6, 2017, I created a DeepOnion paper wallet, following the tutorial in

DeepOnion forum. The tutorial actually emphasized the importance of the BiP38 password, but at the time I did not understand the format of the DeepOnion

private key.now I understand the format of BiP38 encrypted private key is 58 characters, 6Pf beginning ,and the format of the DeepOnion private key is 51 or 52

characters Base58.But I understand this too late. I did not pay attention to the BiP38 passphrase.I just carefully kept my BiP38 encrypted private key.I did not

pay attention  and record the BiP38 passphrase.

I am sure I set a common password , because at that time I sure I can remember the password, so did not write down. Then, until this post, I have tried 65

passwords one by one, I tried all the variants of my common password, actually all are wrong.I can narrow the range of password characters , I believe the

password dictionary will not be too large. Someone at the forum provided tools for BiP38 password cracking on Github, and others gave a link to a company that

offers BiP38 password recovery paid services for 20% of the value of the cryptocurrency in the wallet.

I believe there are a lot of technology gods in the forum. If anyone can give me good advice or tools, after successfully  recovering the BiP38 passphrase, I'd

like to pay 10 DeepOnions. Please PM me or leave a contact. My email is washingtondick001@gmail.com.
rayabagivenkatesh

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:45:03 AM

hey man
you can post this in deeponion forum
im preety sure they will help u Smiley
keychainX

Activity: 374
Merit: 53

Telegram @keychainX

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 07:45:21 PM

Have you managed to recover your passphrase?

we can help you.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: