Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:21:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KRAKEN down for 24 hours!! Worst exchange ever for me...  (Read 1016 times)
Shamane

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:14:09 PM

I will then set up a DDoS via VPN proxy (cloudfare bypass) to "test" how good their update is. I bet I can break them without too much trouble. They are NOT getting away with this, I will DESTROY Kraken if it kills me!

Really good idea to write it on a board, police could go faster than kraken update :p

Kraken is not poloniex or other exotic exchange .....
Just look for their information where is the company, where is their bank and so on ....

I don't think kraken is a company really very bad (slow is true, and perhaps some staff to change for better one ...)

btcwish1 (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:14:31 PM

Grin Grin Grin Better start to look after mercenaries to take back your funds from kraken... i am kidding i hope you understand, it is bad but maybe it is not the worse thing that could happen, and by the way i will remain with kraken with my humble funds

yes only IF you can access your fund again! The hope of KRAKEN coming back with our fund is fading away every moment..
JammyJimmy69

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:39:31 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 12:13:52 AM by JammyJimmy69

Time to change the title of this thread to 168 hours as they'll be offline for at least a week. An expensive lesson will be learned by those that were foolish enough to leave large amounts on Kraken.
Labrader

Activity: 224
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:57:58 PM

Free trading is NOT the compensation we deserve. I was about to sell 10 ETH at €1100 and rebuy at €850 before they fucked it all up. Therefore Kraken have denied me of €1500 easy profit. I'm pissed off to say the least. Even if they offered me the €1500 as compensation, I'd take it and then close my account!
You must be special, just to simply wish a trade and magically take profit.

Why does that make me special? It ain't rocket science. Thousands have lost money by being unable to trade!

I was going to sell ETH at what I thought was the peak and then buy it back once the whales sold off and drove the price down. If they fucking stayed online when I wanted them to, I would have made about €1500 in about 2 hours.
Everybody makes the most profitable trades. In retrospect.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:08:02 PM

yes only IF you can access your fund again! The hope of KRAKEN coming back with our fund is fading away every moment..

They have had a system upgrade a few days back, which might have resulted in some problems. I don't see any reason for people to start speculating about Kraken to never come back. Kraken, if we ignore their recent issues, has always been a solid exchange -- their only problem is that they have badly suffered from the growth in the way that they didn't seem to take it seriously initially. If they would, the recent outage problems causing people to lose precious money making opportunities wouldn't be a huge issue as it has been recently. Their incompetence has made people go through a lot unnecessary hassle and money costing opportunities....
JammyJimmy69

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:18:29 PM

They have had a system upgrade a few days back, which might have resulted in some problems. I don't see any reason for people to start speculating about Kraken to never come back. Kraken, if we ignore their recent issues, has always been a solid exchange -- their only problem is that they have badly suffered from the growth in the way that they didn't seem to take it seriously initially. If they would, the recent outage problems causing people to lose precious money making opportunities wouldn't be a huge issue as it has been recently. Their incompetence has made people go through a lot unnecessary hassle and money costing opportunities....
Don't talk crap! Kraken has been unreliable for a very long time and this is the last straw for 99% of us. It's now big news and there's no way that they'll ever recover from this. We have to accept that all funds on Kraken have gone down with the company. Due to lots of expected law suits against them, they'll have no choice but to file for Chapter 11 next week. They have collapsed and will never be seen again. This could force other exchanges to freeze activities until regulation is in place.

This is the "Big One" that'll put an end to easy crypto profits. I'm selling everything this weekend as I now want out. I've made enough money to not have to work again. Others are not so lucky and face financial ruin due to Kraken.
JammyJimmy69

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:46:21 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 09:16:06 AM by JammyJimmy69

Guys... You might want to tune into Bitcoin News!

It's official... KRAKEN HAS COLLAPSED !!!

The "bug" was placed by a hacker (a Kraken insider) about 6 months ago which has exported all private keys to an external recipient in Russia. As you may understand, Kraken aren't ready to admit this in public, but they will make an announcement on Monday, 15JAN.

The Mt. Gox collapse is now pale in comparison.

Crypto speculation is about to come to a sticky end. We all knew that it was just a matter if time before it all came crashing down. Hopefully some people got out in time, but others have lost everything.

I couldn't wait any longer and I've just sold ALL my crypto via the Binance and Blockchain exchanges with no problems at all. I suggest you all consider selling asap as the crypto collapse is only days away.

I'll be back in the game once the dust settles.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:54:13 PM

Every exchange has to maintain their site due to the current situation where people in rush to register into several exchanges, even some exchanges have halted new registers.

The "bug" was placed by a hacker (a Kraken insider) about 6 months ago which has exported all private keys to an external recipient in Russia. As you may understand, Kraken aren't ready to admit this in public, but they will make an announcement on Monday, 15JAN.

If Kraken really got hacked, it's a doomsday for their customers. Do not put all eggs in one basket is the right words for this situation, honestly I just put less than $500 in exchanges, just in case such situation happens. Just deposit, do your trading and then withdraw your funds
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:05:12 AM

Lack of communication from fledgling companies, delays in withdrawals and transfers, high fees, and the creeping fear of a malicious attack are some of the issues largely retail investors face, and discourage many more from jumping in.

With not even a phone number or e-mail listed on Kraken’s status page, the exchange’s clients vented on Twitter.

A Twitter user with the name of Victor M. said "im seriously considering suing kraken. anyone interested as well?" The Tweet got more than 300 likes. A user with the name North Canton Cab Com tweeted to Kraken saying "due to the length of down time can you at least assure us that our coins and accounts are safe and havent been hacked or stolen please, seems beyond any normal circumstance at this point when people are worried sick!"

Others are resorting to humor, with Twitter user @Subbedeius posting "Kraken is the best platform to avoid panic-selling. It just doesn’t work when sh*t hits the fan."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-12/crypto-exchange-kraken-goes-dark-and-user-anxiety-surges

Labrader

Activity: 224
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:19:24 AM

I'm selling everything this weekend as I now want out. I've made enough money to not have to work again.
You, my friend, shall be a true inspiration to minimal living / downsizing people everywhere, with your YUUUGE amount of 10 ETH that you'll be living the rest of your life on.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:51:11 AM

That very second when their site goes online again, take your coins out and store it in a wallet with private keys you and you alone control, know and have access to.

An exchange which makes their customers suffer sleepless nights, stomach ulcers and lose their minds worrying about the uncertainty of their assets is an exchange to avoid like the plague.

Yes, it's not good to keep or store coins long term in an exchange and yes it's sometimes necessary to have coins in an exchange account for trading.. I realize and accept this. But what good is it to have coins in an exchange account which often shuts down their trading platform or goes offline?

mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:55:45 AM

People dont realize these exchanges have millions of members, if everyone contacts there support they will have a million messages. 24 hours is not a big deal, they have a lot of work keeping the maintenance high. I wouldn't worry about it.

"24 hours is not a big deal".. are you out of your mind??? For an exchange to go down without notice in the middle of week for even couple of hours IS A VERY BIG DEAL, let alone 24 hours!!!

why would you use an UNLICENSED exchanger when you have regulated ones?  Smiley

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:01:57 AM

That very second when their site goes online again, take your coins out and store it in a wallet with private keys you and you alone control, know and have access to.

An exchange which makes their customers suffer sleepless nights, stomach ulcers and lose their minds worrying about the uncertainty of their assets is an exchange to avoid like the plague.

Yes, it's not good to keep or store coins long term in an exchange and yes it's sometimes necessary to have coins in an exchange account for trading.. I realize and accept this. But what good is it to have coins in an exchange account which often shuts down their trading platform or goes offline?

Correct! It just doesn’t matter that an exchange comes back on line days later and everyone has access to their money. They should never have gone off line in the first place.

Would you trust a bank that kept you from accessing your money for days? What if Wells Fargo just turned off all their atms for a couple of days? Would you keep banking at Wells Fargo? I mention Wells Fargo because I had an account there when they were recovering from a major hacking. I never lost access to my money, even for a minute, and every customer that had money drained from their account was reimbursed. Why do bitcoiners expect and allow such pathetic service?

alizay

Activity: 123
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:27:48 AM

Correct! It just doesn’t matter that an exchange comes back on line days later and everyone has access to their money. They should never have gone off line in the first place.

Would you trust a bank that kept you from accessing your money for days? What if Wells Fargo just turned off all their atms for a couple of days? Would you keep banking at Wells Fargo? I mention Wells Fargo because I had an account there when they were recovering from a major hacking. I never lost access to my money, even for a minute, and every customer that had money drained from their account was reimbursed. Why do bitcoiners expect and allow such pathetic service?

I agree with you, but cryptos completely boomed over the past few months and it must be hard for a company to follow the rythm. There are obviously upgrades, maintenances etc to improve the system. And I don't think kraken has as much money, power & maybe skills as Wells Fargo to do the updates as fast as them. 

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
mr angry

Activity: 298
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:59:54 AM

I just noticed the status page still shows the Kraken website and API uptime at 100%. It's more like 0%.

https://status.kraken.com/

bedroid

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:42:03 AM

kraken.com has been offline for more than 48 hours now... will they really come back online???
JammyJimmy69

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:14:29 AM

kraken.com has been offline for more than 48 hours now... will they really come back online???
No!

Kraken have now shut down for good and the scammers taken our funds with them!

Look for the Kraken_4 wallet on Etherscan. They have been moving huge sums to this wallet, never from it. The last big transaction was for 180,000 ETH at exactly the same time as their last status update at 20:00 UST last night. Apart from a massive exit plan, why would they stuff all this into only one wallet?
meelmark

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:21:42 AM

We don't know. Maybe they wanted to try to product test Ethereum wallet working, maybe not. We just have to see what will happen. I don't believe it is a scam.
bedroid

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:29:04 AM

please provide links to your sources, this is very concerning if your are correct

Crypto speculation is about to come to a sticky end. We all knew that it was just a matter if time before it all came crashing down. Hopefully some people got out in time, but others have lost everything.

I couldn't wait any longer and I've just sold ALL my crypto via the Binance and Blockchain exchanges with no problems at all. I suggest you all consider selling asap as the crypto collapse is only days away.

I'll be back in the game once the dust settles.
JammyJimmy69

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:48:05 AM

We don't know. Maybe they wanted to try to product test Ethereum wallet working, maybe not. We just have to see what will happen. I don't believe it is a scam.
Why test with 180,000 ETH instead of 1 ETH? I smell a rat and so do lots of others. Kraken have just announced that they are coming back online shortly. I'm waiting for other announcements saying that there's yet another delay and a final one saying that funds have been lost.

Nobody in their right mind will ever trust Kraken again, they are finished!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: