Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:39:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: uncapped ICOs  (Read 166 times)
alexforneus (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:26:26 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 10:43:06 AM by alexforneus

What do you think about uncapped ICOs? Although I've seen loads of people claiming they're a scam, uncapped ICOs still gather a lot: https://www.coinist.io/top-10-icos-of-2017/

And the ensuing question is as follows: do you think there's an explanation good enough for you to invest? For example, I quite like these guys -  realisto.io - but they have no hard cap set, though the reason looks quite plausible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Angelia46

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:08:20 AM

These ICO projects without hard hats, I will not invest, a successful project has no plan to raise funds? So this is just to circle the money? Huh

spanolesbaluko

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:12:46 AM

Any opinion on Cointed (CTD)? They announced their partnership with Nvidia and TAS Group and are launching multiple Crypto ATMs in Europe and are focusing on Green Mining. Check them out. Any thoughts?
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:17:20 AM

I somewhat will agree with you, there is no point in an uncapped ico other than greed, funding target is the basic figure that should be decided while planning the project.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
moamin77

Activity: 310
Merit: 102

JACS.tech

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:24:04 AM

Uncapped ICOs are generally risky to invest in unless the folks behind the project have VERY GOOD plan on what they're gonna do with all the money.
Something like Tezos and their plan for the funds raised (with moon shot and mars shot)

Kitobe

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:25:18 AM

My point of view for uncapped ICOs :
1. The project manager is incapable of determining the budget for the project. -> Not reliable.
2. They are too greedy. ->  I personally don't like greedy people.
3. It is very complicated to calculate the real value of the project. -> unable to determine whether the investment is profitable or not.  

To sum up, please don't invest until they have a real product or delivered some real results.

shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:35:28 PM

There are some legit uncapped ICO's, and I recently participated in one. It is called Dragonchain and they managed to raise about $18 million even though they were uncapped. Invested a small amount but the price has since shot up to like $5 from $0.18. If you do want to invest in an uncapped ICO, make sure to research about them before throwing in your money.

bitekoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:36:58 PM

There are some legit uncapped ICO's, and I recently participated in one. It is called Dragonchain and they managed to raise about $18 million even though they were uncapped. Invested a small amount but the price has since shot up to like $5 from $0.18. If you do want to invest in an uncapped ICO, make sure to research about them before throwing in your money.

Check out the Arcblock project that is upcoming soon. It has had clients with companies like Microsoft. They are an AI company with an integrated blockchain solution.
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:01:49 PM

do you mean ICO like $DRGN that reach 100x ROI?
In crypto, any hype will lead to increased price like that's one.
tommydavis45

Activity: 116

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:36:04 PM

It's not the biggest red flag but personally I keep away from them for a few reasons:-

- Shows they can't plan very well and can also increase the amount of coins just to make extra cash

- Greed, they should have an idea of what they need to get the coin of the ground and have a runway for the startup.

I would be very careful in investing into those sort of ICOs, not to say they are all scams but do some extra digging.
venox12

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:40:16 PM

a nice way to get free money, i allready dont like ones with 100mil (looking at you envion)
realsmans

Activity: 196

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:41:52 PM

a nice way to get free money, i allready dont like ones with 100mil (looking at you envion)
I remember, in April 2017, in top-100 on the bottom, capitalization was 3-7 millions, and now it 100. It grows so fatt

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:42:10 PM

What do you think about uncapped ICOs? Although I've seen loads of people claiming they're a scam, uncapped ICOs still gather a lot: https://www.coinist.io/top-10-icos-of-2017/

And the ensuing question is as follows: do you think there's an explanation good enough for you to invest? For example, I quite like these guys -  realisto.io - but they have no hard cap set, though the reason looks quite plausible.

The thing I'd always worry with uncapped ICOs is why is that the case, they should be able to say we need x amount and this is what for. At some point the money they earn will not be needed and so it seems like uncapped ICOs may be a money grab more than anything else.

cryptocropty

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:40:39 PM

Uncapped sounds very dubious to me, too. Outside of ICOs, there or other crowdinvesting/crowdfunding options since years and they are capped typically.
R.Hasan

Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:19:39 AM

There's nothing wrong with uncapped ICOs.

Dragonchain

Power Ledger

and Raiden Network have done well!

What matters more?

Token metrics:

a. starting token price
b. total token supply
c. number of tokens being sold during the ICO
Bastime

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:23:36 AM

Those ICOs are struggling that they hardly reach their hard Capitals but still they want to push their coin so that the world will going to use it for a certain purpose.
I just wait for them to reach their goals because of they really deserve investors then they would do whatever kinds of things to promote their coin, like extending their bounty campaign and extending their ICO and gaining social media and telegram community strengths.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Jimmy palumbo

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:44:36 AM

Most of these uncapped ICO project all are very good project, but if no caps, so they raised too much, so the market value too high, may be no big rise space.
So I'm more inclined to choose projects with smaller hard hats.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: