Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:54:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Ethereum so slow  (Read 370 times)
Slavyanskiy

Activity: 462
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:16:57 PM

Hello community,
Some days ago I observed that eth network feels badly ))). The TX cost rised to the moon. So, to get faster tx I should put 60-80 gwei for it. Maybe somebody can explain what the f* is going on there? Kitties, fishies or maybe china miners are closed their factories. Any ideas?
Hey. I hope this temporary phenomenon.
and in the future everything will be fine: commission low, the transaction speed is fast, no kittens will not be.
especially, developers always work to improve qualities of Ethereum.
Ethereum is excellent cryptocurrency.
Om.monata

Activity: 936
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:21:28 PM

Hello community,
Some days ago I observed that eth network feels badly ))). The TX cost rised to the moon. So, to get faster tx I should put 60-80 gwei for it. Maybe somebody can explain what the f* is going on there? Kitties, fishies or maybe china miners are closed their factories. Any ideas?
and in the future everything will be fine: commission low, the transaction speed is fast, no kittens will not be.
I think that's normal, because some time ago there was an effect that made the movement of transfers in eth very slow and requires a huge gas price. but for now it should be back to normal.
Woolles890

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:47:23 PM

ethereum movement is indeed slow, but surely the goal is to compete and surpass it with coins that have a price on it. investing in the ethereum on this year is the right choice if you do so.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:52:37 PM

Hello community,
This is will be fixed as fast as possible, Please you must read this article https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/ethereum-killer-ethereum-20-vitalik-buterins-roadmap/
How ethereum will be implementing sharding blockchain to compete with visa. As far as i know, there will be more privacy improvement and plasma update. It's still in the development and you shouldn't feel worry about that.
Ch1bi

Activity: 289

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:10:10 PM

Last I check the network became clogged due to the whole cryptokitties rush. Not so sure why it's still slow, but these issues should hopefully subside soon.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:20:04 PM

its very difficult for us to transfer the funds from one ether wallet to another wallet.Speccaily for etherdelta users where we need to Sign, and pay for each process we do. the cryptokittis just hanged the full network first and now the price hiked of minim gas price to 40 Gwe where gas limit is 250000. Each transfer cost me estimate 10$ when i set 40 Gwe sometimes 5$ is enough. this fees is still safe as compare to bitcoin price.

I am sure ether will solve this issue in future and delete the transfer done by crypto kitties and the fees will be back to normal
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:51:18 PM

Hello community,
it's a problem that people have been talking about these days, but it seems that everything is back to normal because a few hours ago I made a transfer from my wallet to an exchange account only takes a few minutes and not for hours.
AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1428
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 05:09:35 PM

Hello community,
it's a problem that people have been talking about these days, but it seems that everything is back to normal because a few hours ago I made a transfer from my wallet to an exchange account only takes a few minutes and not for hours.

The transcation time of Ethereum is low only,Etherereum has huge supporters and investors as like a bitcoin.Ethereum is the best one for the future.As like a bitcoin,now the price of Ethereum is 1000$+ at the year start.So we can expect this price will reach 19,000$ at this year end.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
novy (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 07:46:18 PM

I do like Ethereum indeed! I hope this slow speed and big fees will be fixed soon. Because I am trading on EtherDelta alot and tx fees are big and most of times tx's are fail. I am wasting my time and nobody will give me my money back for failed transactions...

phantomberg

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:54:36 PM

I am very upset that this coin has lost its speed. It used to be one of the fastest coins. But now my transactions go for several days, and the commission is very large.

minus_one_crypto

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:20:10 PM

It seems to me that the Ether has become so slow due to the fact that many people decided to buy this coin. The network is very congested and therefore it is very difficult to send the coins.

rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 08:23:51 PM

I am suffering that speed loss too. I couldn't complete a transfer due to 60 gwei or more transaction fees. Also i sold a coin that i planned to invest no more, selling price is total 0.10 eth, but after gas fee i got only 0.080 eths. this is insane. After cryptokitties this is the second time eth system lags. hopefully it will recover.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
Akash1243

Merit: 257

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:37:02 PM

Well it is most probably because of the increase in the number of transactions and this cause high load on the Ethereum network causing it to be slow.Many people are maing transactions in eth as it transactions are speed and cheap compared to expensive fees of bitcoins with slow speed recently.
BCSHonda

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:50:58 PM

ethereum movement is indeed slow, but surely the goal is to compete and surpass it with coins that have a price on it. investing in the ethereum on this year is the right choice if you do so.
I like Ethereum's slow but very definite steps. If you have follow-up, you know that Ethereum is just under $ 1 at the beginning of 2017 but now it's worth more than $ 1200, it's certainly not normal to constantly achieve great value. so great If Vitalik still runs Ethereum, it will be the second bitcoin of the cryptocurrency market.
Decorsair23

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:37:17 PM

I heard ETH was going for a fork to solve its scalability. I fear ETH will be like bitcoin right now. High fees and slow poke dude.

Seems like it if it keeps up that way. In terms of ETH's price I think it is fine now because months ago it was stucked at $200-$300 rate but then it spiked up without stopping and  now valued at $1200. As long as it doesn't go below $1k again I am fine.

I think it will never go down to 1K again as with the Korean FUD. ETH remains strong and maintained its market price and position. And now been going up again.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:06:28 PM

It seems to me that the Ether has become so slow due to the fact that many people decided to buy this coin. The network is very congested and therefore it is very difficult to send the coins.
Everytime Ive tried to trade this ethereum contracts its hard to trade always the slow on process. Also the price of ethereum is increasing that fees are also expensive. So hope there is a solution on this.
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:19:43 PM

Nowadays ethereum network is handling 1 million transactions per day and it is growing day by day. But three maximum TPS is around 15 so whatever it might be ETH can't have more transactions than that limit. Ofchain scaling will work.
To reduce the massive delay in transactions set the Gwei above 35 you'll get confirmed within minutes.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
tienigarazz

Activity: 253

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:25:12 PM

Ethereum value is slowly increasing, many transactions are being process, this few things affects the function of ethereum.
But i know they will fix it, like what usually happen if the value of a coin increase the fees are also increasing.
It is still a good signs, it only means that ethereum popularity is now increasing and it will become more profitable.

foggywhite007

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:41:05 PM

Don't know if to take the period of a year. THE ETHEREUM have grown from $ 8 up to 1400 great profit I tell you. Now in connection with the transition to POS, CASPEr and other there are certain risks of the project. Therefore, this frenzied growth yet. But once it will run and the network will work a couple of days and we have 3 thousand

Gekkoo

Activity: 604
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:24:24 PM

Ethereum is a great coin, but this is one of the errors if the team at Ethereum solves this problem of slowness, we can find its price in the heights, otherwise it will stagnate already passed time to solve this problem of dependence on miners and network. Another interesting fact even with these problems prices continue to rise  incredible.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: