Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:55:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Hold?  (Read 695 times)
Angel J. Pope

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:39:39 PM

First things first. This is topic is not to create a FUD rather a true talk to what is happening right now.

Can bitcoin get a hold to its investors to stay on him and keep believing on the power of the king?
For me, I can feel that investors are now turning their back against bitcoin because of this main reason. Tx Fees are very high and slow. It is not practical to be used on daily transactions which I think the first purpose why bitcoin was created.

Bitcoin is simply a commodity and is limited, the question is why are there millions worth of pictures, simply because it is finite and the whole bitcoin is so limited for the whole People in the world, that is the reason bitcoin will also increase a lot.

Conundrumwas

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:39:54 PM

Honestly, I have friends who either have stopped putting their money in Bitcoin or have totally taken it out as they were expecting Bitcoin to be a convenient way to make/receive payments. Personally, I think they are right but at the same time, hoping that Bitcoin will overcome this big obstacle from its total domination in the Crypto market.
rolloutdude

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:41:17 PM

Yeah, this high fees are killing the bitcoins use as currency people are now looking to bitcoin as an asset to have and not a currency to use. I believe there is a big difference from what it used to be before.
Typogre12 (OP)

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:59:47 PM

I believe it is not so alarming even if the price of bitcoin had a resistance it doesn't dip so much the price is still great even though ETH is at $1300 right now it is safe to say that bitcoin is still staying with a huge value, I really think there is chance that we can see another bullish movement this year just like what happen in the October up to the November 2017.

I slightly disagree with you. Although the price stayed at above the 10K level(I was not actually talking about the price right now) the problem of bitcoin is alarming which was high tx fee I was talking about. We may not feel it now but in the long run, unless something is done then we are clearly facing a bitcoin not meant to be spent.
elvinson

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:26:34 PM

bitcoin is still at the forefront of technology and investors will still follow bitcoin to the end.
Heartstrings

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:08:21 PM

I just started out investing in Bitcoin a couple months ago and I honestly don't know the difference between Bitcoin then from the Bitcoin now. What I can say is that I am slightly regretting my decision in buying too much Bitcoin as I thought that it would be possible to conveniently pass it around.
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:16:09 PM

First things first. This is topic is not to create a FUD rather a true talk to what is happening right now.

Can bitcoin get a hold to its investors to stay on him and keep believing on the power of the king?
For me, I can feel that investors are now turning their back against bitcoin because of this main reason. Tx Fees are very high and slow. It is not practical to be used on daily transactions which I think the first purpose why bitcoin was created.
See if I you really think rationally bitcoin is a great project however the sudden increase and momentum bitcoin has gained in recent times we all know its not because of its technology. Its just because people are optimistic for it as an investment. They aren't really taking it as a currency anymore. They want their money to grow which is the reason why they have thrown their funds in btc.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:33:13 PM

Once more vendors start to accepting bitcoin the practicality will be in motion. As for fees finding the best trading platform is crucial. Since cryptocurrencies are still growing there are yet many flaws to be tackled in the coming years. But eventually even if btc ceases to exist altcoins will grow on a large scale.
Typogre12 (OP)

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:11:39 AM

The King is dead, long live the King! In fact, with the introduction of RSK and Lighting Network, bitcoin will bypass all transactions and everyday use, this is a matter of time. Bitcoin will show it to Everyone.

The King is getting weaker I guess, I also hope and interventions could be done fast and soon enough. And Of course the politics, some of the big mining pools will always play and will try to stop this.
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:21:31 AM

yes, it can, but I think people will not think about expensive transaction fees, let alone a legendary. I see that only beginners are complaining because of transaction fees. their main concern is the slow transaction. this is the problem of all bitcoin users, so they prefer to hold or transactions in other ways.

pxo.011

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:29:34 AM

yeah this might have sense, i ask myself with this question too how about the small roller sometimes they pay tx higher than on what they are withdrawing, if ever tx fee will cut this might be helpful for anyone, i might suggest about the percentage system on tx rather than flat rate.
Nhor1011

Activity: 994
Merit: 11

Daxetoken.net

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:37:58 AM

Yes we can hold bitcoin and believing someday bitcoin will go back to normal fee and fast transaction. There are still a lot of bitcoiner inspite of higher fee and slow transaction because the price of bitcoin is still high even it drop down a little. It is still the king of all currency and still the famous and valuable among other coins.

Coup De Grace

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:44:48 AM

We really don't know the real price of bitcoin cause its really unpredictable and it changes every time..But Holding a bit coin for a long term could also be a good idea and maybe your holdings of it could reach a Million
Fujiati

Activity: 664
Merit: 112

Ethernity CLOUD

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:03:04 AM

Bitcoin will remain a major cryptocurrency and the price will continue to increase.

Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:39:17 AM

You are correct about this, but let's not forget that bitcoin is still evolving. I remember when bitcoin passed $1000, and then it crashed and everyone though it would never get to $1k again. It stayed there during a lot of time but it fought it's way through it. It passed the bcash fork, it passed the china fud, it passed the segwit2x threat, and now faced a bit of Korea fud. We need the lightning network for sure, but I'm very confidant it will happen during this year (given a few recent news that some transactions were already made on the main network), and everyone that stays on bitcoin will be hugely rewarded by their patience with this coin.

For me, bitcoin can even go to $8k, I don't really care. It still has the biggest growing potencial of all coins, and the best dev team, so even if it fall behind other coins, it will then recover and stay miles away from them.
almtu

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:51:09 AM

Truthfully in my idea if you loose something what you want to loose of course you will give up what things can bring you down. Thinking that the tx is very high well maybe in the future it is come to normal again.
Still hold btc if the price is still in the top. Surrender it when the price down to the ground. Btc's pride stand still.
Zrs

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:01:05 PM

bitcoin can hold.it is the king of crypto currency so far.its popularity is increasing day by day and in future it will be the the world digital currency.so i do believe that bitcoin will live long forever and we can hold bitcoin as much as we can.
onpages

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:12:33 PM

very agree with you, it is already starting to look at this time, the investors more glance and interested in various altcoins and buy it at the time of ICO. however, the first can be a king, and the king will remain above all.
SteelPaladin48

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:13:50 PM

Truthfully in my idea if you loose something what you want to loose of course you will give up what things can bring you down. Thinking that the tx is very high well maybe in the future it is come to normal again.
Still hold btc if the price is still in the top. Surrender it when the price down to the ground. Btc's pride stand still.

I think the tx fee will never be normal again. Unless the lighting network is done or the rate will be back to $1000, as the price goes up so does the transaction fee.
Lorna t

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:10:18 PM

Smiley  I believe that nothing will can work at all if the price of bitcoin really has life time that its price not too deep .and hope its still at a good prices ETH even $1000 until now its really fine I can just say it here I. Bitcoin is still here with a huge value  yet we have time eto look at other bullish moves this year that we like what ever happens in this year.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: