Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 09:19:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The factors you should take into account to predict a coins price after the ICO?  (Read 112 times)
Strange_love (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:18:57 PM

Should you invest in an ICO or get it right after in the exchange?

An important factor for both are the discounts given, a large discount could save you money in the ICO, but also make people dump the coin if they were buying it only for a very quick profit from the discount and did not believe in it.

There are couple ICOS I am interested in, but I am wondering if its best to get into now, or to wait for the exchange? What are your thoughts? There is any way to predict ICO price compared to the price in the exchange? If yes, what are other factors that I should consider?

EDIT: Also (if anyone has a magic ball  Grin ) any ideas if its best to buy the first day in the exchange, or wait a few days to see how everything goes? I got in the Covesting ICO as I believe in the use of their platform, and the last part of their ICO lasted one day instead of two weeks, so in this case I ll buy it right away in the exchange to get more COVs, but there are other factors that possibly can play a role like a quick sale in the ICO?

Dydot

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:25:30 PM

Buying at ICO could save you some money no doubt. If the project is real and the team behind the project know what they are doing, buying at ICO could be the best option.
Trust me, some of the coins we bought at ICO do have a sharp drop in price when they hit the market too especially when whale come to dump it on people immediately the coin hit exchange.

Strange_love (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:32:09 PM

Thanks, a large drop in price in the exchange and for how long?

I think worths it if you get an enough large discount that will be larger than the drop in price in the exchange, but I think these last couple months there is a turn on this? Many coins do not loose as much as they enter the exchange...
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:37:23 PM

before predicting the ico price look for its potential and its team, the marketing strategies and the product. Not al ICOs are focusing on token and coin exchange but look on how they made and promote the product the competition,the uniqueness and their innovations.
johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:52:06 PM

If the project developers retain most of the coins, for example 30% they leave in some kind of frozen fund and 20% leave for the team. In this case, I do not keep long bought coins. There is a possibility of manipulation. I participated in such ICO. And this is a very good project related to charity. But I do not like the separation of the tokens, so after the completion of ICO, I will not buy more coins or keep my own for too long.

Psynthax

Activity: 2324
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:56:58 PM

Should you invest in an ICO or get it right after in the exchange?

An important factor for both are the discounts given, a large discount could save you money in the ICO, but also make people dump the coin if they were buying it only for a very quick profit from the discount and did not believe in it.

There are couple ICOS I am interested in, but I am wondering if its best to get into now, or to wait for the exchange? What are your thoughts? There is any way to predict ICO price compared to the price in the exchange? If yes, what are other factors that I should consider?

EDIT: Also (if anyone has a magic ball  Grin ) any ideas if its best to buy the first day in the exchange, or wait a few days to see how everything goes? I got in the Covesting ICO as I believe in the use of their platform, and the last part of their ICO lasted one day instead of two weeks, so in this case I ll buy it right away in the exchange to get more COVs, but there are other factors that possibly can play a role like a quick sale in the ICO?

You must try to prepare your amount to buy the token at first hour after the token already listed in the exchange site. For the first and there will be a lot of dumps and then i expect the pump will come as fast as possible in a few days later. But for the promising project and i suggest you participate in the ico. Just like selfkey which almost hardcap, lalaworld and thekeyvip.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:00:32 PM

Well there's many factors to consider,the team,product,objectives and their developments.You should monitor their updates,if they do it regularly then there will be many people interested in join,and if many people join,it has a chance that the price will be rising after the ICO.If the team of the project do their development half assedly then there's no hope for that project and people will just dump it after the release.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:04:48 PM

This has actually been discussed to death a thousand times on this subforum already. The signature spamming definitely has gotten to a point where its annoying.
So i'll indulge you anyway lol:

1. Purpose - what use will this coin be for
2. Team - do they know what they are talking about and do they have experience
3. Marketing - do they have a marketing team and fund to promote adoption
jimmyl

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:41:15 PM

You can use a simple rule: if there is a lot of hype around the ICO and it is clear that they will quickly get hard cap, then it makes sense to try to buy on the ICO. Because on the first day on the stock exchange there will be many people who want to buy. If the project hardly collects money, then the price on the stock exchange on the first day is likely to go down.

germa66

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:58:20 PM

i just see how ico it goes. if the ICO runs smoothly and reaches hardcap in a short time I think it will have a good price, and vice versa. but the total token supply is also very influential.

Jobbernowl

Activity: 222
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:18:18 PM

I prefer to buy coins on ICO. But there is a limit of purchase. No more than 1 eth or not more than 5. Then I try to buy more on the stock exchange after the end of ICO. But often the price flies up very quickly and I just do not have time to buy in the beginning.

TheAlchemist

Activity: 265

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:32:49 PM

I buy coins on ICO. There are big bonuses and you can get additional tokens at the beginning of sales. I make up a whole list of long-awaited ICOs. This bonus in the form of coins can be sold after ICO, and the rest is left as a long-term investment.
oscarrsm

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:41:30 PM

I am often late for ICO. Then the white list is already closed, then people of my country can not participate, then sales end in less than a day. May be there is no ICO, since all coins were sold on closed sales among whale investors. Therefore, I try to buy on the stock exchange immediately after adding to the list.
Strange_love (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:54:08 PM

This has actually been discussed to death a thousand times on this subforum already. The signature spamming definitely has gotten to a point where its annoying.
So i'll indulge you anyway lol:

1. Purpose - what use will this coin be for
2. Team - do they know what they are talking about and do they have experience
3. Marketing - do they have a marketing team and fund to promote adoption

Thanks, but so many members replied because you answer a different question from what I asked.

In average how many weeks pass by before the ICO and the first exchange?

So I guess the major factors are how quickly the hard cap was reached (quick boost in the exchange) and if high discounts were given (possible dumps in the exchange) anything else?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: