Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:45:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashRefinery NIST5 mining hashrate issue  (Read 418 times)
Neocortex87 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:32:23 PM

Hello,

Image: https://imgur.com/a/CHY2C

I'm mining with 2 x 1080ti with ~138MH/s, but on HashRefinery only 5-20 Mh/s is visible, what am I missing here (besides the 110MH/s)?
morfellu

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:40:38 PM

I have the same issue with ccminer 2.2.4. I'm minning Nist5 in hashrefinery with a 980ti + 1080ti and the pool is reporting bad hashrate compared with my miner. Also it looks like in the same second several shares are accepted, so I doubt this behaviour is not normal.

Picture: https://imgur.com/a/0V816

darkneorus

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:47:04 PM

same issue with ccminer alexis.
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:55:57 PM

I searched on google and this is what appeared.

I have l3+ miner and has

Hashrate*   Reject*
scrypt   0   0.8915%   140.9 Mh/s

instead of 505 Mh/s
lmlim

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:45:59 AM

worse here... mine got down to KH/s instead of hundreds of MH/s... i am using ccminer alexis1.0
changing difficulty only helped abit.
lmlim

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:01:49 AM

hashrefinery's neoscrypt has issue as well.

zpool's phi also has same problem.

are these deliberate? is the pool stealing hashes?
eminer001

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:07:40 AM

I have the same issue with ccminer 2.2.4. I'm minning Nist5 in hashrefinery with a 980ti + 1080ti and the pool is reporting bad hashrate compared with my miner. Also it looks like in the same second several shares are accepted, so I doubt this behaviour is not normal.

Picture: https://imgur.com/a/0V816

Same for everybody. Too bad we noticed after more than 24 hours since it happened and we lost the money. I am not using HashRefinery anymore because of this issue and because I lost a lot of money.  I guess they got hacked and HashRate don't go to our account.

Also Nist5 profitability reporting from the pool is 50% more than the other pools and it is a lie from HashRefinery that will pay not even for 10% of the actual hashrate and reported profitability from their API.

Anyone can contact the pool administrators and ask for payments of the stolen money from all of us ? We are a few thousands.

Thank you.
eminer001

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:18:20 AM

Too bad because of misleading statistics.

It seems also from their graphs something is really wrong.
Instead of having stagy hashrate it goes up and down and to zero from one hour to another even if there are constantly more than 1000 miners hasing for NIST5.

http://pool.hashrefinery.com/site/mining

What do you think ? Is that a proof they are stealing ?
Neo-Geo

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 07:07:54 AM

Hash Refinery is still broken as usual. Had 75 GPUs, mostly 1080 Ti, pointed at their nist5 pool for the past 12 hours, and half the time they are reporting zero or very low hash rates.  Only 1/4 of the time was reported within expectation. The mining program per rig + Awesome Miner were reporting expected hash rates.  Hash Refinery just wasn't recording the work performed. Makes you wonder where all those hashes went. I was thinking perhaps I should disable nist5 and test their NeoScrypt, but lmlim is reporting that their NeoScrypt is broken too. I'm thinking it's not an issue with all of the miners failing to provide sufficient hashes, but rather something on Hash Refinery's end. Bet these hashes continue to go missing until suckers l like us get a clue and stop falling for this trap.
eminer001

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:43:59 AM

Hash Refinery is still broken as usual. Had 75 GPUs, mostly 1080 Ti, pointed at their nist5 pool for the past 12 hours, and half the time they are reporting zero or very low hash rates.  Only 1/4 of the time was reported within expectation. The mining program per rig + Awesome Miner were reporting expected hash rates.  Hash Refinery just wasn't recording the work performed. Makes you wonder where all those hashes went. I was thinking perhaps I should disable nist5 and test their NeoScrypt, but lmlim is reporting that their NeoScrypt is broken too. I'm thinking it's not an issue with all of the miners failing to provide sufficient hashes, but rather something on Hash Refinery's end. Bet these hashes continue to go missing until suckers l like us get a clue and stop falling for this trap.

I had the same issue like you with many GPUs and lost a lot of money because of this issue. I also think it is a problem that Awesome miner is not being able to stop miners that are not performing like it shows on AwesomeMiner statistics.

1) Can you send a message to "hashrefinery" user that is the owner of that pool on this forum ?

2) Can we talk with AwesomeMiner programmers to ask them maybe it is a way to know the real performance and stop a miner that is not perfoming like it should. Also when pools do not respond (overloaded or DDOS) awesome miner is not refreshing statistics and remains with the last reported hashrate from the miner instead of stopping the miner if there are a number of minutes without any response from the mining program.

Thank you.
Neo-Geo

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 08:52:13 AM

Awesome Miner is aware of the Hash Refinery issue and they actually disabled it a couple patches ago, citing unreliable reporting by Hash Refinery, and then re-enabled it in a recent patch, perhaps as a mine at Hash Refinery at your own risk solution.
eminer001

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:59:11 AM

What pools do you use ? 

Is it possible to use custom pools that will integrate well with AwesomeMiner ?

I will never enable hashRefinery or Zpool again, both are unreliable.
Neo-Geo

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 10:40:43 AM

Agreed, for now, until things improve radically at Zpool & Hash Refinery, I'm zeroed out at Zpool and soon to be zeroed out at Hash Refinery too. Only returned because I had a bit of BTC remaining below the minimum payout, that and Nist5 was showing a crazy 30%+ better payout than Ahash for Nist5. In retrospect, 30% higher payout doesn't matter when you're not getting properly credited for most of time you spend mining. From the 5 main pools, I find MPH w/ payout by LTC and Ahash to be the best. Both are quite reliable/accurate for hash rates and payouts.
lathrodectus

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:10:15 PM

I see that many people here don't understand the miners table on Zpool and HashRefinery.
Under the miners table you see a "live" hashrate calculation based on your recent shares. That number WILL FLUCTUATE! It's normal.
You'll see a wild fluctuation depending on algorithm, ranging from 20% to 60%.
I'm constantly mining on these pools using profit switching with my in-house developed software. Nist5 and Neoscrypt are frequent algos we mine and I don't see any problem on the poolside.
Our scrypt miners report 200-800MH/s but they always average 550MH/s (slight overclocked, matches hashrate on miner side)
So it is normal, check the hashrate graph, not the live report, and if you mine for short periods It's like flipping a coin.
eminer001

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:25:23 PM

I see that many people here don't understand the miners table on Zpool and HashRefinery.
Under the miners table you see a "live" hashrate calculation based on your recent shares. That number WILL FLUCTUATE! It's normal.
I'm constantly mining on these pools using profit switching with my in-house developed software. Nist5 and Neoscrypt are frequent algos we mine and I don't see any problem on the poolside.
Our scrypt miners report 200-800MH/s but they always average 550MH/s (slight overclocked, matches hashrate on miner side)
So it is normal, check the hashrate graph, not the live report, and if you mine for short periods It's like flipping a coin.

HashRafinery has stolen from me and 1000 other miners thousands of dollars. I compare real hash rate from mining software that for the same computer is similar with the values from hashrefinery website that is 1000 times less, almost zero for hundreds of gpu. I know they are stealing from all of us. Values must be the same, like it happens with other mining pools.

To make that steal possible, the administrators of HashRefinery reported 40% more income from their api to make programs like AwesomeMiner automatically use their pool by using unreal reports.

Do you agree ? We should let everybody know how much HashRefinery has stolen from us. Also all should contact hashrefinery user from this forum and ask for the stolen money.
puch0021

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:11:51 PM

Typically I average ~ 650 mh/s for NIST5 however several times Hashrefinery would show 6 mh/s to kh/s for extended periods of time which is several magnitudes under the level of my current hash rate. Has done this over the last 24+ hours.

When looking at my graph, it looks like a saw tooth to be honest with 4 one  hour periods of normal hash rate in the 450mh+ and seven two hour periods of basically no hash rate less than 10 mh/s. 

The entire day I mined NIST5 so pool switching does't account for the behavior. I understand variance but something else is going on here.
eminer001

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:23:43 PM

Typically I average ~ 650 mh/s for NIST5 however several times Hashrefinery would show 6 mh/s to kh/s for extended periods of time which is several magnitudes under the level of my current hash rate. Has done this over the last 24+ hours.

When looking at my graph, it looks like a saw tooth to be honest with 4 one  hour periods of normal hash rate in the 450mh+ and seven two hour periods of basically no hash rate less than 10 mh/s. 

The entire day I mined NIST5 so pool switching does't account for the behavior. I understand variance but something else is going on here.

We were hashing and sending the data  so HashRefinery administrator had stolen all the difference from our money.
malthrax

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:45:58 PM

Yes, all the pool administrators on the planet are conspiring against you to steelz ur hashz...

If you don't trust the pool then either learn how to solo-mine, or start up your own "100% honest, no-fee pool" and see how much of a royal pain in the ass it is to cater to uneducated, ignorant newbs day in and day out.
prozach

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:28:08 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 10:53:09 PM by prozach

I was having the same issue earlier.  I my machine was generating at 166Mh or so but HashRefinery was just showing minimal amounts of hashing from my machine.  I don't think it's a conspiracy, however it is annoying.  I pulled Hashrefinery out of the mix for today, and just added it back in.  

It doesn't have the highest payout so I'm not mining it currently and am not sure if it's behaving better now or not.
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:38:44 PM

Yes, all the pool administrators on the planet are conspiring against you to steelz ur hashz...

I was thinking thesame. Didn't want to waste my time on this one Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: