Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:38:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advisors importance  (Read 332 times)
Lama_in_da_house

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:40:13 PM

Just recently I thought about it. I saw the project at first sight is not bad, but the team is almost all without work experience. Some school children, you know. They had advisers about whom I had never heard, and Google did not show much. No matter how interesting the idea was, I will not invest my money in people without experience.

True. There has to be background

thank you for the tread. I'm quite new here and I could not understand why there are advisors for the projects

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:44:00 PM

I very often pay attention to advisors, because I believe that a lot depends on them. Because they vouch for the project and if the project turns out to be fraudulent, then in that case they will simply lose their face.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:46:47 PM

I very often pay attention to advisors, because I believe that a lot depends on them. Because they vouch for the project and if the project turns out to be fraudulent, then in that case they will simply lose their face.

Yeah. That is absolutely true
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:01:42 PM

It's a known marketing strategy to hire public figures to sponsor products in order to attract more clients and customers. This brings a sense of security and belonging for the customers, and has worked as a marketing strategy for most. I guess the same would apply to advisors and ICOs in the sense that investors would feel more secure to see an expert as a part of the team of an ICO. This would give the ICO more edge and would indicate that it's a good project to invest in.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:11:10 PM

It's a known marketing strategy to hire public figures to sponsor products in order to attract more clients and customers. This brings a sense of security and belonging for the customers, and has worked as a marketing strategy for most. I guess the same would apply to advisors and ICOs in the sense that investors would feel more secure to see an expert as a part of the team of an ICO. This would give the ICO more edge and would indicate that it's a good project to invest in.

True. The only difference is when some "hires" Paris Hilton or a professional and respectable in crypto industry person
btc_love

Activity: 566
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:05:21 PM

yeah, it's not good for them. they can loose reputatin
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:18:01 PM

One of the most important thing for a successful ICO if the powerful board of advisors. That is why:

Firstly, a big name on a project website can make the status of a company launching ICO. Secondly, a big name can create an environment of trust around an ICO. Since an advisor with a good reputation can not join a scam project, the board of advisors shows sincere intentions of a company launching ICO. What is more, an advisor is not just a photo on a website. It is the person who helps a team: they meet founders with potential investors, they give pieces of advice about the white paper and business plan and how to make all things right. Furthermore, an advisor is an inspiration and motivation for a team: you do everything not to disappoint the person you respect so much.

A good example of a professional advisor is Mohammed Ibrahim Jega. He is a serial entrepreneur and tech savvy marketer with vast experience in Business Development, Project Management, Content Marketing, and Application Development. He is the pioneer in cryptocurrency in Africa. Today he joined the board of advisors of KickCity event platform.

More about Mohammed you can read in this article https://etherworld.co/2018/01/12/top-tech-entrepreneur-in-africa-joins-kickcitys-board/
Advisors are important but they will need to be well informed and have full knowledge about cryptocurrency. Crypto Advisors is the company/ people that will lead and help you through what crypto currency is and how you can fully utilize to improve your crypto currency moments and skill. Advisors do not offer any affiliate marketing opportunities. Although, they would encourage you to spread the word about their good and better services.
X-avier

Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:28:55 PM

Yes advisors are important, but this does not mean that the project will be successful having only good and well-known advisors! A lot of criteria for the selection of successful ICO

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:34:00 PM

Yes advisors are important, but this does not mean that the project will be successful having only good and well-known advisors! A lot of criteria for the selection of successful ICO

Agree. But it is also important
Astermony

Activity: 373

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:44:44 PM

I definitely agree with the previous post.  Have a some well known advisors does help as it gives a comfort level to investors.  People are always willing to invest more with someone they know and trust.
I will agree with that!Advisors presence is very important because It can gives more knowledge to implement a good ICO Project and on how It can really evaluate so that the ICO will be launching successfully.Advisors Is the best weapon for every ICO Project because  the level of their experience and intelectual skills is unique to facillitate the best ICO.
Crypto_Day_day

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:08:20 PM

Advisors are very important for the ICO since they have the crowd trust. however sometimes you cant ignore the fact that they are getting paid. regardless to token they are receiving. sometimes i'll bet the numbers are high enough to agree to be on the advisory board even if you don't really believe in the project this is of course just a thought i have when i think of this issue the question is basically if FIAT money corrupting the ICO projects background.
not altcoin hitler

Activity: 212
Merit: 22

Amazix

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:14:10 PM

Yes! All the advisors from any ICO are paid to advise so don't take any of their advises as deciding factor or as financial advise. But well known advisors in an ICO is actually a good sign because they don't want to damage their reputation NY advising a scammy ICO. So they choose only legit projects with good business model.

aldrin6697

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:14:37 PM

It will make a leap in exchange if you have an advisor you will need less time studying and you have someone to look up to if you have an adviser.
dicaprio

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:17:14 PM

When choosing ICO, I always pay attention to those people who are listed in the Advisors section, then I'm looking for a twitter of these people and on this twitter I'm looking for some news about the connection with this project. If this is not available, then you get a scam project
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:41:09 PM

When choosing ICO, I always pay attention to those people who are listed in the Advisors section, then I'm looking for a twitter of these people and on this twitter I'm looking for some news about the connection with this project. If this is not available, then you get a scam project

Hm... maybe it's a good way
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:53:37 PM

One of the most important thing for a successful ICO if the powerful board of advisors. That is why:

Firstly, a big name on a project website can make the status of a company launching ICO. Secondly, a big name can create an environment of trust around an ICO. Since an advisor with a good reputation can not join a scam project, the board of advisors shows sincere intentions of a company launching ICO. What is more, an advisor is not just a photo on a website. It is the person who helps a team: they meet founders with potential investors, they give pieces of advice about the white paper and business plan and how to make all things right. Furthermore, an advisor is an inspiration and motivation for a team: you do everything not to disappoint the person you respect so much.

A good example of a professional advisor is Mohammed Ibrahim Jega. He is a serial entrepreneur and tech savvy marketer with vast experience in Business Development, Project Management, Content Marketing, and Application Development. He is the pioneer in cryptocurrency in Africa. Today he joined the board of advisors of KickCity event platform.

More about Mohammed you can read in this article https://etherworld.co/2018/01/12/top-tech-entrepreneur-in-africa-joins-kickcitys-board/
Am I rightly understand that the marketing part of the KickCity project is developing by Mohammed Ibrahim Jega? I think that advisers need only to raise the hype around the project.
kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:01:02 PM

I agree that Advisors play a big role in an ICO. That is why you should see at least 3 or 4 advisors in ICO project. In most cases, they will guarantee the success of a project by giving the right information regarding the market, the company or the ICO itself.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:38:26 PM

I agree that Advisors play a big role in an ICO. That is why you should see at least 3 or 4 advisors in ICO project. In most cases, they will guarantee the success of a project by giving the right information regarding the market, the company or the ICO itself.

Yeah! Thank you!
Donovan XXL

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 02:41:01 PM

Past years have proven that it does affect the market.
Give it two days and the market will be even stronger than it is right now.
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 02:55:50 PM

Is there some list of good advisors? Except McAfee and Buterin I didn't know who to follow Grin Ico's with great advisors usually finish sales on closed presales)

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: