Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:02:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp: Availability, Value, Withdrawal  (Read 87 times)
Bavarian919 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:43:08 PM

Hello Bitcoin Forum,

I am fairly new to everything and it is still blowing my mind to a great extend. I have a quick question concerning Bitstamp and I'm hoping I'm posting in the right Thread. I tried to search for the answers online and in this forum, but couldn't really find anything that would provide a sufficient answer, or one that I could comprehend (I'm a student from Germany)...

I was looking to invest in some Bitcoin, so I tried to buy some via Bitstamp. First I wanted to try a small amount, to make sure that everything would work out fine. However I encountered a problem... Honestly, I don't even know if it is one. So I would really appreciate it, if anybody would find the time and help me with his/her experience and knowledge:

After I made a Deposit via Credit Card, I wanted to acquire Bitcoins by accessing the "Buy"-function/button. However, it stated: "You have only 0.00 EUR available. Check your account balance for details."

Indeed, my "Availability" stated 0.00EUR, however, the money was listed next to "Value".

I then figured, that I must be doing something wrong and tried to withdraw my money and realized that I could also withdraw in BTC, which I then did, transferring it to my wallet. I checked at Blockchain and the small amount of BTC really was in my wallet some time later...

However, everytime I watch a tutorial or read articles through Google, it clearly states that BTC are aquired via the "Buy"-function (which I never used since I had 0 "Availability", only "Value")...

This leads me to my two questions:
- Did I do everything correctly, even though I never used the "Buy"-function?
- What is the difference between "Availability" and "Value" (on google I found that Availability is used to trade with BTC, is this correct) ?

I'm so puzzled, this is such new terrain for me  Embarrassed

Thanks for anybody who finds the time to help.
Kind regards,
Dominik

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: