Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:38:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FBI is after bitcoin? Good!  (Read 5011 times)
Kuroth

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 10:42:55 PM

Any publicity is good publicity
Sure, but there is more to it. The point is that FBI will want BTC to grow.

That is true man.. Just look at the History of the DEA and drugs..  You think the DEA whats drugs to go away?Huh   Hell I think they are even in on it..

Its all a damn Sham..   And I live in the US..

faiza1990

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:07:17 PM

Any publicity is good publicity
Sure, but there is more to it. The point is that FBI will want BTC to grow.

That is true man.. Just look at the History of the DEA and drugs..  You think the DEA whats drugs to go away?Huh   Hell I think they are even in on it..

Its all a damn Sham..   And I live in the US..

you live in US who cares you cannot have effect on these policy so Dea is big supplier of drugs and now same happen to bitcoin they want to go this up and their commission just this is

Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:15:35 PM

For the record I don't trust the government either but I also don't agree with some of the extreme and stupid positions I read sometimes. Regulation for me wouldn't be so bad and if you're so afraid of regulation perhaps you have something you're trying to hide from the authorities but not all of us do.

So you don't trust governments, but want to be regulated by authorities.
Care to give me a little more insight about those trusted authorities you're talking about?  Smiley

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:21:02 PM

For the record I don't trust the government either but I also don't agree with some of the extreme and stupid positions I read sometimes. Regulation for me wouldn't be so bad and if you're so afraid of regulation perhaps you have something you're trying to hide from the authorities but not all of us do.

So you don't trust governments, but want to be regulated by authorities.
Care to give me a little more insight about those trusted authorities you're talking about?  Smiley

Yes. I accept some regulation otherwise we'd all be killing each other over road rage.
That does not mean I want my personal life regulated, and if you can't see the difference then you're being an extremist about it.

As far as trusted authorities go, you trust the authority of the red light to mean stop and you stop to avoid an accident or is that regulation worse than when there were no lights?

Do you prefer we let drunk drivers get behind the wheel because it's a regulation expense?

What about when you use SSL and you deal with the certificate authority, isn't that a trusted authority that you count on to encrypt your data?

You cannot have any order and any system if there are no regulations at all. If there are no regulations then violence becomes the form of communication and regulation, and accidents are far more likely to happen when there are no rules.

I don't want the government involved in my personal life, most people don't.
There are places where I do want the government involved but those places are not my personal life.

The final question for you is this, if you're so against regulation if you were facing extortion and threats would you call the police or would you deal with it yourself?

If you expect to be able to call the police then you want regulation.
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:55:17 PM

Thanks for taking time to answer.

I actually agree with most of your post.

We just have a semantic divergence, you call that regulation, I call that public services, and am, even today, glad to pay taxes for those.

I also understand we need to delegate some responsabilities, and need people we trust to decide for us on small matters.
But I think everyone should be able to talk to those representants to complain or issue congratulations easily. Nations are way too big to acheive this.

And above all, those people who we trust to decide for us, should systematically evaluated by those who trusted them, once their time is over. And people should be allowed to vote on how many years the "leader" and his team should rot in prison, judging his overall performance in taking decisions.

This would hopefully turn away all the greedy fucks that currently take decisions for you, and for me.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
djtriggz

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:15:16 AM

First thailand and now the us i think the uk will be next
MagicBit15

Activity: 294

Let's Start a Cryptolution!!

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:22:59 AM

What are they going to do, come to everyone's house and take their computers away. That worked real well when they did that with BitTorrent....Oh wait!!

*Opens BitTorrent*

Tips for Tips: 1Jy8ZycPNjnwNLevNwoRRqPAKkZ8Fqnukc
I won the poetry contest!! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=219714.40 Thank You, Sir Lambert!!
+5 Rep: Successful Forum Transactions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=176117.0  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209024.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233052 Check My Rep!!
Luckybit

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:36:00 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2013, 03:50:12 AM by Luckybit

I also understand we need to delegate some responsabilities, and need people we trust to decide for us on small matters.

But I think everyone should be able to talk to those representants to complain or issue congratulations easily. Nations are way too big to acheive this.
All regulators and authorities are not equal. Some will understand what Bitcoin is and just sorta get it and some wont understand and wont be open minded enough to try to. So there will be some who are easier to work with. I think most of the regulation should somehow be done internally if it's possible and then bring in outside help to handle stuff like extortion and scammers. It's a balance that has to be found.

Nations are made up of parts, and businesses influence those parts to bring favorable conditions to their special interests. I don't see why Bitcoin community cannot have it's friends in congress and law enforcement. It obviously should and that is how Apple went about it when trying to launch the personal computer. Apple managed to get the personal computer put in every school by working with the congress to pass laws which benefit children and that is when lawmakers finally got it. Apple was for the benefit of education of the children of America.
And above all, those people who we trust to decide for us, should systematically evaluated by those who trusted them, once their time is over. And people should be allowed to vote on how many years the "leader" and his team should rot in prison, judging his overall performance in taking decisions.
This is why we need complete transparency so all decisions can be reviewed. We need to know certain things like how money influences the political decisions of certain candidates and which candidates are pro cryptocurrency, which are against, and which just aren't educated enough on the subject to understand what they are saying.

This would hopefully turn away all the greedy fucks that currently take decisions for you, and for me.

They who make decisions shouldn't be making decisions for you and me, but on our behalf and according to our standards. Just as there is an Internet defense fund and just how Facebook has fwd.us or whatever, there must be both think tanks and lobbyist groups for cryptocurrencies and virtual currencies. This should not be about Bitcoin but be about the technology. It should not be about radical libertarian or anarchist politcs but purely about protecting the technology itself.

If people want to promote their political views they can join the libertarian party, or start a US version of the pirate party, but I don't think all cryptocurrencies should be linked to a specific political side because that will kill it in the womb. Most of America might be able to understand Bitcoin just fine, but they aren't going to understand some of the conspiracy theories and other stuff that gets talked about on here.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:56:10 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2013, 05:07:04 AM by marcus_of_augustus

All regulators and authorities are not equal. Some will understand what Bitcoin is and just sorta get it and some wont understand and wont be open minded enough to try to. So there will be some who are easier to work with. I think most of the regulation should somehow be done internally if it's possible and then bring in outside help to handle stuff like extortion and scammers. It's a balance that has to be found.

Nations are made up of parts, and businesses influence those parts to bring favorable conditions to their special interests. I don't see why Bitcoin community cannot have it's friends in congress and law enforcement. It obviously should and that is how Apple went about it when trying to launch the personal computer. Apple managed to get the personal computer put in every school by working with the congress to pass laws which benefit children and that is when lawmakers finally got it. Apple was for the benefit of education of the children of America.
This is why we need complete transparency so all decisions can be reviewed. We need to know certain things like how money influences the political decisions of certain candidates and which candidates are pro cryptocurrency, which are against, and which just aren't educated enough on the subject to understand what they are saying.

They who make decisions shouldn't be making decisions for you and me, but on our behalf and according to our standards. Just as there is an Internet defense fund and just how Facebook has fwd.us or whatever, there must be both think tanks and lobbyist groups for cryptocurrencies and virtual currencies. This should not be about Bitcoin but be about the technology. It should not be about radical libertarian or anarchist politcs but purely about protecting the technology itself.

If people want to promote their political views they can join the libertarian party, or start a US version of the pirate party, but I don't think all cryptocurrencies should be linked to a specific political side because that will kill it in the womb. Most of America might be able to understand Bitcoin just fine, but they aren't going to understand some of the conspiracy theories and other stuff that gets talked about on here.

Do they pay you by the word?

Edit: there is no foxhunt without a fox

seafarer124

Activity: 302

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:59:39 AM

There are probably only three ways to obtain money.  Earn, inherit or steal.

Once you earn or inherit, pay taxes then put it in the bank.  Once you have done that you should feel free to do whatever you want with your money.  Problem is, once your money is in the bank they then want it as well.

Banks are scared they will not have the monopoly to become fat cats.  They should get a life and understand it cannot be all their way.

BTC is just another form of redistributing wealth, and we have control.  Vote with your feet, walk from the bank to BTC.
melon

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 05:17:06 AM

LMAOff topic:

I usually  don't pay attention to respect =? ratings

...then I noticed kuroths avatar of none other than-

al bundy and the immediate respect =0 right underneath

...the only better option would be rodney Dangerfield...or both...
LMAO

Once was a man his name was Jed..had a lot of hair but it wasn't on his head !
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:56:39 AM

What are they going to do, come to everyone's house and take their computers away. That worked real well when they did that with BitTorrent....Oh wait!!

*Opens BitTorrent*

Force works pretty well in the USA today.

Just like it worked throughout history.

Don't fool yourself into believing that government force against it's citizens won't work because it always works.

WinVery.com

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:25:10 AM

We welcome American players.
faiza1990

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:08:22 PM

There are probably only three ways to obtain money.  Earn, inherit or steal

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 02:16:18 PM

You did forget charging interest & printing new money.
faiza1990

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:23:02 PM

You did forget charging interest & printing new money.

dumb dumb

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:25:19 PM

These people want to be able to live on Bitcoins and you simply cannot do that if it's not regulated.  

Unsupported assertion. Care to show your derivation?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Luckybit

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:44:53 PM

These people want to be able to live on Bitcoins and you simply cannot do that if it's not regulated.  

Unsupported assertion. Care to show your derivation?

So all those people who are planning not to cash out into USD who already have thousands or tens of thousands of Bitcoins, you don't think they wont want to be able to pay their utility bills and rent?

Bitcoin can become something we can all live off someday or it can get completely ruined by the crowd who under any circumstances are against regulation. At some point you have to weigh whether or not under-regulation will stifle the currency just as you have to weigh whether or not over-regulation will.

I'm saying under-regulation is equally as bad as over-regulation and that the goal should be to find the proper balance.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:48:38 PM

The final question for you is this, if you're so against regulation if you were facing extortion and threats would you call the police or would you deal with it yourself?

I routinely submit to extortion and threats. And, if you live in almost any contemporary society, so do you. For this is the only mechanism by which governmental authority acts.

To believe that 'governmental authority' is legitimate requires the belief that the immoral can be magically transformed into moral by decree of the collective.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:54:56 PM

If people want to promote their political views they can join the libertarian party, or start a US version of the pirate party, but I don't think all cryptocurrencies should be linked to a specific political side because that will kill it in the womb.

If I can locate someone who is willing to give me his pig in exchange for my magic number, we can trade. This is an inherently apolitical act. It is your position that is trying to insert politics into this simple interpersonal exchange.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: