Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:16:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happen if South Korea ban bitcoin trading?  (Read 220 times)
ShadyMash (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 298
Merit: 11

https://wesp.io

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 08:50:21 PM

There are lot of rumors in social media about bitcoin trading going to ban in south korea.what happen to bitcoin price if it is true.

yoyolife121

Activity: 189
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:53:10 PM

There are lot of rumors in social media about bitcoin trading going to ban in south korea.what happen to bitcoin price if it is true.
i guess will just have to wait and watch..
00DKM@

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:57:57 PM

This is in line with China's policy in 2017 when it banned the bitcoin business in China. I think that the big Korean commercial sites will move their headquarters to other countries to operate, those that have legal support for bitcoin and crypto business such as Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore. I was quite surprised by the decision of the Korean government, which has made the world crypto market plunge in recent days.
btcmayumana

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:11:20 PM

As i heard when they ban all crypto currencies, they will shutdown all the exchanges at same time. This is surely bad news for Korean investor and bitcoin holder as they will need to move out their asset to foreign exchanges. The competition will be tight, numbers of exchanges will began to decrease. Supply will overstock and demand will less, caused price will falling.
mworld12

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:12:20 PM

As i heard when they ban all crypto currencies, they will shutdown all the exchanges at same time. This is surely bad news for Korean investor and bitcoin holder as they will need to move out their asset to foreign exchanges. The competition will be tight, numbers of exchanges will began to decrease. Supply will overstock and demand will less, caused price will falling.
yup you are right
Shinza

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:16:27 PM

That means the market is shrinking, but that will not affect much. A big market like China, when it was banned, has not had much impact on other markets. It's just that people are scared to sell their btc for a discount but then everything is fine.

Estreal

Activity: 57
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:21:14 PM

I did heard about this news yesterday and that this has contributed immensely to the fall in price of Bitcoin. Well, this are just speculations and it will affect the market definitely. But it is just for a while and it  will pass. Same as it happened when China pulled out of the market for a time. Bitcoin price dipped and surprisingly, some weeks later it picked up in a voracious way. The South Korea is a major market that will pull some strings on the market price of bitcoin but not for long.
joeyvdt

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:22:08 PM

I think a big/small dip. After that the crypto market will slowly recover.. but that's my guess
CryptoBitCoins

Activity: 644
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:25:09 PM

In my opinion, if South Korea yet prohibits crypto-currencies and closes all its crypto exchanges, then other states in the Asian region may resort to similar actions. This in turn, leads to a massive decrease in the price of the crypto-currency and an active sale of the crypto-currency on the exchanges.
Sunnyyy

Activity: 118
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:30:19 PM

I do not think so . If it is banned in Korea it greatly affects the development of bitcoin. I am sure many Korean investors will sell all of the bitcoin they have and the value of bitcoin will be drastically reduced.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:31:27 PM

All altcoins decrease with bitcoin and this crash lasts for a while then market start to recover. But this is obvious fud, they don't ban anything because it is not a solution at all. In the long term, ban, regulations cannot change the market's direction.

DragonCoinZ

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:32:44 PM

Fomo for a week. Bitcoin price would crash like 25%. After that all the miners from south korea will move their mining farms to a country around and start on a other place their mining and the price of bitcoin would rise again and maybe the network is more overloaded after that.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:33:56 PM

None of this will happen, stop spreading FUD. There are no confirmed news about the government trying to ban BTC. You guys are telling each other the same thing, although none of you can give a reason for this or show how he came out with this idea of a ban. Most of you probably read the BBC story that lied about the police raiding exchanges in Korea. There was no such thing!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
DroidR17A

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:45:39 PM

It's highly unlikely. The South Korean Justice Minister got ahead of himself. The Finance Minister doesn't agree with a ban, and wants regulation. Check the reports on CCN and you'll get the full picture.
Nhebu

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:06:07 PM

I think they banned some cryptocurrency because they prefer only to use bitcoin. I've seen an article that bitcoin in South Korea has high value. Well I think that other cryptocurrency will affects the price of the bitcoin in their country. The great demand for other cryptocurrency will reflect to the price of bitcoin.
Albert211994

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:10:26 PM

You are already seeing the effect of it. The price has already been dropping ever since the rumor came out. More drastic drop will happen if it comes true. But nothing to worry, bitcoin and crypto in general will bounce back.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:49:01 PM

Fomo for a week. Bitcoin price would crash like 25%. After that all the miners from south korea will move their mining farms to a country around and start on a other place their mining and the price of bitcoin would rise again and maybe the network is more overloaded after that.

And what's happened in China?
Chinese miners are moving to Canada and Europe and are being welcomed with open arms. China will lose money on this but it's their choice. They won't take the offer so somebody else will.
There won't be an overload caused by a ban in Korea, even if they eventually ban it in a year or 2. Koreans aren't running a mining powerhouse as opposed to the Chinese and if China hasn't banned mining yet I doubt that Korea will. The effect of a ban would be Korea losing money on it, Koreans moving exchanges and money abroad, miners moving their farms, that's it.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:55:35 PM

Even if they were going to ban it, it would take a long time to happen. This is because first government officials would threaten to shut them down over and over, then back off. The South Korean government officials will issue each of these threats right after they take short positions across multiple exchanges. Once they think they have crashed the markets the maximum amount, they will close their short positions and rebuy to go long. They will then explain that they aren't banning crypto afterall, just strengthening KYC/AML laws. Wash, rince, and repeat, just like China.
vicemi

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:09:50 PM

Кypc биткoинa yпaл дo 13 тыc. дoллapoв пocлe cooбщeний o пoдгoтoвкe Южнoй Кopeeй зaкoнoпpoeктa o пoлнoм зaпpeтe тopгoвли кpиптoвaлютaми, cвидeтeльcтвyют дaнныe тopгoв.

Кaк cooбщaeт Report co ccылкoй нa PИA Hoвocти, миниcтp юcтиции Южнoй Кopeи Пaк Caн Ги зaявил, чтo влacти cтpaны oбecпoкoeны чpeзмepным pocтoм кpиптoвaлютныx cпeкyляций и гoтoвят зaкoнoпpoeкт, пoдpaзyмeвaющий зaпpeт тopгoвли цифpoвoй вaлютoй. Oтмeчaeтcя, чтo Южнaя Кopeя являeтcя oдним из кpyпнeйшиx pынкoв тopгoвли биткoинoм и Ethereum.

Eng
The bitcoine rate fell to 13 thousand dollars after reports of South Korea's preparation of a draft law on a complete ban on trade in crypto-currencies, according to the bidding data.

According to the report with reference to RIA Novosti, South Korea's Justice Minister Pak San Guy said that the country's authorities are worried about the excessive growth of crypto-currency speculation and are preparing a bill implying a ban on trading in digital currency. It is noted that South Korea is one of the largest markets for trade in bitcoin and Ethereum.

I'm not sure I agree to this.
Probably because I have no idea what it says...
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:10:14 PM

Definitely,it would have some effect on bitcoin's price but temporarily.Just when China banned ico and shut down the bitcoin e
exchanges,bitcoin price fell a little,but soon recovered.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █