Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:46:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: gigabyte 7950 cards.  (Read 2188 times)
cabinetmaker (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:05:46 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 01:57:15 AM by cabinetmaker

uh
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:15:10 PM

So you said it yourself: You spend days tweaking thru trial-and-error to find the best settings for your setup. You really think those multiple hours of investigation aren't worth $10 to someone who just wants to fire it up and go?

Not that I would ever pay $10 for someone else's setup config, but you can't honestly blame the dude for trying. Anyone who wants to learn and DIY will find plenty of info online. Anyone who just wants a product set up in 30 minutes can pay the $10.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 04:43:51 AM

+1 for adding something for free someone wanted to charge. 

I all for sharing knowledge.  Gigabyte seem to do really great, and Sapphire also has some good cards as well.   Be careful entering the market of 7950 i hate when some one starting off falls for xfx and has bad luck.
r2vape

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:21:37 AM

I've had very good luck with 7950s so far - all Gigabyte.

Funny, I never had any issue finding settings or configs of people to play around with - the mining hardware thread was the best place to look, not the newbie thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197871.0

http://www.bitcointrading.com/forum/linux-distros/bamt-version-0-5-easy-usb-based-mining-linux-with-farm-wide-management-tools/30/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209508.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251675.0

Also, to get past newbie status, is just 4 hours of being logged in (refresh a topic or group every 15mins) and post 4 things - was not hard by a long shot, but certainly stops the spammers making accounts and posting random "make $4000 working from home in a week, easy" type material.

Anyway, glad you have it up and running with your 8 cards, welcome to the miners club   Undecided

hayek

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:32:23 PM

that's why I posted.

to keep him from making that money.

With all due respect to the forum, the rules and everyone else here:
Fuck You.

Profit motive is a good thing. You spite this person for charging $10 for the knowledge that probably took the accumulation of weeks/months/years to obtain. That person was offering it in trade to other people who might not have weeks/months/years to spend tweaking a rig. This person is helping to increase the entryway in to mining and simultaneously increasing competition against himself. There is nothing more selfless than that.

Then there is you. You didn't go out and offer anything to anyone until you felt the need to be spiteful. In an hour, day or a week you'll forget about this and probably never dip your toe back in to the topic unless it comes to you. Where as the person charging could have found a real demand for what they were offering. Possibly, they could have scaled the business upward and helped many more people in the future and therefore increased everyone elses standard. Instead, you crush it. You take all the incentive out of it for him and anyone else. Maybe if you were willing to be as diligent as someone spurred forward by profit you would be a suitable replacement but all I see is a knowledge dump lacking support (which is what people are really paying for) and zealotry.

I believe you are mistaking what you are doing for benevolence but you are only hurting other people on your moral crusade.
dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:20:31 AM

So you said it yourself: You spend days tweaking thru trial-and-error to find the best settings for your setup. You really think those multiple hours of investigation aren't worth $10 to someone who just wants to fire it up and go?

Not that I would ever pay $10 for someone else's setup config, but you can't honestly blame the dude for trying. Anyone who wants to learn and DIY will find plenty of info online. Anyone who just wants a product set up in 30 minutes can pay the $10.

I am glad that this was the first response. Not to sound cliche, but "time is money". Mining cryptocurrencies really just takes time...that is the only thing that really supports their value.

When you buy something at a store, you are exchanging time. If you buy a pack of cigs, that may be a $8. But it is really half an hour of your time that you had to work to get that $8. Regardless of who you give it to you are also trading time with them.

And time is only valuable because life is finite. If we had infinite amount of time, there would be almost zero motivations for technological advancement. We would still be using washboards to wash clothes. Because after all, if we had an infinite amount of time, then we wouldnt need to be more productive.

I would $10 in a heartbeat for a working setup. I have been CPU mining for months now and I am about to get two gpu's this week. For the past two weeks I have been trying to get bfg miner working just right. But to no avail. However, I want to make sure I am up and running as soon as I get my cards (and finish the build). If they are up and running I could play around with settings all I want because I will always have a working configuration to go back to.

Not only do i not blame the guy for trying, I may even look it up and buy it off of him so I can have a config ready to roll and he can say "I told you so" to the people that told him he couldnt sell something like that. Its no different than my grandmother paying Geek Squad to come over and set up her HD TV.

FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:24:46 AM

that's why I posted.

to keep him from making that money.

With all due respect to the forum, the rules and everyone else here:
Fuck You.

Profit motive is a good thing. You spite this person for charging $10 for the knowledge that probably took the accumulation of weeks/months/years to obtain. That person was offering it in trade to other people who might not have weeks/months/years to spend tweaking a rig. This person is helping to increase the entryway in to mining and simultaneously increasing competition against himself. There is nothing more selfless than that.

Then there is you. You didn't go out and offer anything to anyone until you felt the need to be spiteful. In an hour, day or a week you'll forget about this and probably never dip your toe back in to the topic unless it comes to you. Where as the person charging could have found a real demand for what they were offering. Possibly, they could have scaled the business upward and helped many more people in the future and therefore increased everyone elses standard. Instead, you crush it. You take all the incentive out of it for him and anyone else. Maybe if you were willing to be as diligent as someone spurred forward by profit you would be a suitable replacement but all I see is a knowledge dump lacking support (which is what people are really paying for) and zealotry.

I believe you are mistaking what you are doing for benevolence but you are only hurting other people on your moral crusade.

+1

It's a free market. If people want to pay him to tweak their settings, then let them.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:55:42 AM

no,
by all means FUCK YOU!!!!!

dickheads!

I didn't stop jack shit.

fuck off and die, jackasses.

with what I posted, anyone looking for very good settings can find them here, instead of waiting for some asswipe to send it to them in an email, and charging them for it.

free enterperise is free enterprise. if he wants to still sell that shit, he is certainly welcome to.
I took the same weeks of frustration and found the settings myself, but I choose to give them away, instead of raping, pilaging and plundering.
again, I didn't stop jack shit ,the asswipe is still selling that shit on fleabay.

idiot asses.

NO......FUCK YOU!!!!!

The mad is strong with this one.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
lukemarshall

Activity: 183