Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:04:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with Cryptonote mining / xmrig / claymore / xmr-stack  (Read 237 times)
miguel2491 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:48:32 AM

Hello, I'm mining Bytecoin BCN with an AMD FX 6100 OC 4.0 GHZ.

In all mining software I'm getting max 285 h/s

The thing is, I'm not getting enough reward. All online profits calculator show with 280 h/s I should get about 50 BCN or more in 24 hrs. I am only getting about 1.2 BCN per hour which is no more than 25 BCN daily which is what I would get is my hashrate was 150 h/s(online profit calculator).

So even though on the mining software it shows 270-285 h/s, I'm not getting it right.

The other thing is, at the pool's my hashrate is not stable. It changes constantly, 180 h/s, then goes up to 240 h/s, 300 h/s, 450 h/s and then goes down to 100 h/s and goes up again... How is this possible? 450 h/s?Huh Is this an error? Why doesn't it shows my stable hashrate? Which should be 280 h/s.

So I already tried with xmrig, claymore cpu, xmr-stack-cpu. I played with cpu affing using 4 threads(0,1,3,5) and got the same result. So I'm leaving it at 6 threads normal.

Also I tried with different pools: Bytecoin.uk, bytecoin.party, minergate... All with the same results. Just 1.2 - 1.5 BCN per hour. I should be getting a minimum of 2 BCN per hour...

Any help here?
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:59:15 AM

Well the amount of bcn you earn per hour is going to vary by pool, by difficulity, by miners with dev fees.  Check those variables for your comparisons.  Check your hashrate in the command line window of the miner too.  Pool front ends are not always accurate at reporting hashrate.  Is it consistent between miners?  If you're getting what you should be getting as far as hashrate on the cards, then you're good. 

Bottom line ... If your "effective" hashrate is on par with the results of others with the same cards, you need to look at other things, because your cards are fine.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
miguel2491 (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:30:18 AM

My hashrate on the mining software (command line) is 280h/s. It never drops lower than 270 h/s. With this hashrate, I should be getting about 2.5 BCN per hour but I am only getting 1.2 BCN per hour which is half of it. Very unfair. I just saw that my hashrate on the bytecoin.uk pool web page went uo to 700 h/s for a few minutes(whaaaat?Huh this is crazy).

I set difficulty low using port:3333 and also tried higher difficulty at port:5555 and got the exact same result. So no matter what I change, it's all the same.

I'm using Windows 7. I will try with Windows 10 to see what happens.

The problem is not my hashrate(it is wonderful). Problem is the low reward I am getting for such a nice hashrate.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:54:50 PM

With this hashrate, I should be getting about 2.5 BCN per hour but I am only getting 1.2 BCN per hour which is half of it. Very unfair.

That is not correct. 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 04:45:22 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 05:00:20 PM by xxcsu

My hashrate on the mining software (command line) is 280h/s. It never drops lower than 270 h/s. With this hashrate, I should be getting about 2.5 BCN per hour but I am only getting 1.2 BCN per hour which is half of it. Very unfair. I just saw that my hashrate on the bytecoin.uk pool web page went uo to 700 h/s for a few minutes(whaaaat?Huh this is crazy).

I set difficulty low using port:3333 and also tried higher difficulty at port:5555 and got the exact same result. So no matter what I change, it's all the same.

I'm using Windows 7. I will try with Windows 10 to see what happens.

The problem is not my hashrate(it is wonderful). Problem is the low reward I am getting for such a nice hashrate.

here we are again ... why i did not earn that much what the online calculators telling me ....

short answer:

First and most important to understand : None of those online calculators calculating pool luck
No one can tell you how much profit you going to be able to make ! ( if you can make any at all )
No one can tell you the ROI ( return of investment) time !
None of those calculators you are seeing on the web can tell you what's coming tomorrow , months later or 6 months later !
Those calculators telling you about today , at that moment when you typing in your information !

Calculating you real income from mining you need a few numbers Smiley
Pool luck Smiley yes Luck Smiley
Waht is your mining software developer fee ? 1-2-3-4% ?
What is the pool fee ? 1-2-3-4-5% or more ?
Most of times you miner program can give you just the hashrate  , but not telling you anything about stale shares
Your pool side reported hashrate is the same as your miner program reported hashrate ?
Your miner repoerted hashrate and pool side reported hashrate are consistent ?
You are overclocking your cpu , so that might give you more chance to producing more stale shares Smiley
Are you using your computer for something else ? If you do , then any usage lowering your real hashrate ,because your cpu doing another work for another programs,  for example opening a web page , looking pictures , videos on that pc
For how long you mined on that pool ? you can say your avarage income maybe after a week or more
What is the reward payout system ? PPS ? PPS+ ? PPLNS ? P2P ?

Your hashrate reported by the mining software you using might be the problem ... Once again , its the hashrate your cpu can do , but your rewards are based on the valid shares your computer sending to the pool. What is your valid/stale sahre % ?

I should be getting a minimum of 2 BCN per hour...
WHO TOLD YOU THAT ?  Shocked

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
miguel2491 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:52:44 AM

I've been using this pool for a month.
I do not use that computer for anything else. I leave it mining 24hrs.
All the mining software I have tried show the same hashrate(280).
I have also tried other pools, same result.
Pool fee is 0% and miner software is 1%.

So are you saying a good GPU aswell will make much less than what profit calculators say?

I have been testing everyday and have got even close to what calculators say since the first day.

This CPU is making like $10 max per month. Calculators say it should make $15-16.

How do I know what is my stale share?
MSInewbie

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:40:54 AM

Dear Friends,

is it possible to mining Stellite (XTL) with XMrig Amd 2.7.3 ?

or did i put the wrong algo?
already put :
cryptonight
cryptonight-lite
cn-lite
cn-litev7
stellite
stellitev7

and the shares always reject : https://ibb.co/j345GK

heres the config :

"algo": "cryptonight-lite",
    "api": {
        "port": 0,
        "access-token": null,
        "worker-id": null,
        "ipv6": false,
        "restricted": true
    },
    "background": false,
    "cache": true,
    "colors": true,
    "donate-level": 1,
    "log-file": null,
    "opencl-platform": 0,
    "opencl-loader": "OpenCL.dll",
    "pools": [
        {
            "url": "xtl.miningpool.id:8805",
            "user": "SEiStP7SMy1bvjkWc9dd1t2v1Et5q2DrmaqLqFTQQ9H7JKdZuATcPHUbUL3bRjxzxTDYitHsAPqF8Ee CLw3bW8ARe8rYc1eGiRC4Kww3e37HP",
            "pass": "JANGKRIKBOSS!!",
            "rig-id": null,
            "nicehash": false,
            "keepalive": true,
            "variant": 1
        }
    ],
    "print-time": 60,
    "retries": 5,
    "retry-pause": 5,
    "threads": [
        {