Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:18:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what's wrong with moderate drug use?  (Read 3976 times)
SeanArce (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:38:42 AM

Moderation is not that hard, unless you have personal issues. What's wrong with this?

www.onefamous.org
https://soundcloud.com/naer-sri
15ZmN3d7WZDo4WbZwPFJMZcPMBDUkueGH7 - my  btc address
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:51:33 AM

Moderation is not that hard, unless you have personal issues. What's wrong with this?

I'm sure every drug addict never decided to be an addict to begin with.
SeanArce (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:56:32 AM

These people were messed up to begin with. Or uneducated (ie taking too much)

www.onefamous.org
fwho

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:05:10 AM

That sounds like an uneducated comment.
SeanArce (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:08:10 AM

It's not hard to moderate dosage and frequency when it comes to drugs. With all the info of the internet

www.onefamous.org
FirstAscent

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:14:44 AM

It's not hard to moderate dosage and frequency when it comes to drugs. With all the info of the internet

I'm sure addicts had similar thoughts.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:17:17 AM

I guess it'd depend on which drug we're talking about -though obviously, I don't give a shit what you do. Go ahead and break out the moderately-sized case of needles.

I'd be surprised if there were any cases of people regularly altering their mood/mind with drugs who didn't have severe internal conflict, though. I'd guess the real concern, if it were a party I'm concerned with, would be whether or not they're happy, since regularly altering their mood would seem to indicate they aren't. It'd be particularly concerning if it were an addictive drug where a tolerance can be built up with "moderate" use.
SeanArce (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:20:43 AM

You're right, doesn't mean it's not hard to moderate. Sick people are sick with or without drugs

www.onefamous.org
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:22:42 AM

Sick people are sick with or without drugs

Agreed, and betas are beta, with or without peer pressure*

*not the only reason people get into drugs, but I'm sure it'd be a significant proportion.
FirstAscent

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:26:27 AM

You're right, doesn't mean it's not hard to moderate. Sick people are sick with or without drugs

Watch the trailer to this wonderful film, and read the subtitles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOOr4nuWFqU

Watch the movie too.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:58:16 AM

The problem is you get more and more "moderate" and start increasing your dosage without you even noticing and before you know it, you are a hard core addict.  Why take the risk?  What's wrong with no drug usage?
SeanArce (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 04:30:26 AM

The problem is you get more and more "moderate" and start increasing your dosage without you even noticing and before you know it, you are a hard core addict.  Why take the risk?  What's wrong with no drug usage?

then don't increase your dosage. is self control not here?

www.onefamous.org
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:01:25 AM

The problem is, if you have self control in the first place, you will not get started with "moderate" drug usage.   Avoid them altogether.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 10:08:05 AM

Nothing is inherently wrong with it there are just people who believe that and decide they have to push their ideologies onto other people and get governments to enforce it for them, in fact, I'm pretty sure that's how almost every law is made currently. As for using drugs moderately? We do it all the time without realising it, you've got caffeine in coffee, there's tobacco in cigarettes ( until recently it was perfectly legal and even normal in society to smoke ) then there's paracetamol which could kill you if you took enough but they freely sell them in supermarkets.

I personally drink coffee each day ( though I make sure to hard limit myself to two cups now, I just need it to wake up better in the morning and I enjoy the taste ) and I use Piriteze and Nasel spray regularly in the summer all of these things are drugs yet because I researched it carefully and kept a check on my dosage they actually really benefit me, particularly the Piriteze and Nasel spray. If you told me to stop taking those I'd swiftly tell you to fuck off because they make summer more bearable, I just wish I could get air conditioning now.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:46:55 AM

Certain drugs are more dangerous than others; and some of them due to their (side)effects can impair your judgement to the point of making you do things you wouldn't think you would do. So there can't be a general statement about the feasibility of safely using all drugs; the safety needs to be evaluated in a case by case basis.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
joehop67

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:07:51 PM

When you do drugs people tend to build a tolerance... eventually you can't even feel the effects of the drug any longer so people up the dosage to feel the effects of the drugs again... this is how most people become addicts and such. 

1KmVXSbnjwtvxXKLGyD145CWJzZs6afkxL
margaritahuyan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:09:00 PM

This has to be a level.

If not please think before posting. I'm sure when everyone started smoking cigarettes they thought they could stop whenever they wanted, until that day came and they realized how physically dependent they became.

I can tell you are young and have a lot to learn about life. I hope you don't have to learn the hard way. 
CoinsForTech

Activity: 698

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 12:32:07 AM

Nothing is inherently wrong with it there are just people who believe that and decide they have to push their ideologies onto other people and get governments to enforce it for them, in fact, I'm pretty sure that's how almost every law is made currently. As for using drugs moderately? We do it all the time without realising it, you've got caffeine in coffee, there's tobacco in cigarettes ( until recently it was perfectly legal and even normal in society to smoke ) then there's paracetamol which could kill you if you took enough but they freely sell them in supermarkets.

I personally drink coffee each day ( though I make sure to hard limit myself to two cups now, I just need it to wake up better in the morning and I enjoy the taste ) and I use Piriteze and Nasel spray regularly in the summer all of these things are drugs yet because I researched it carefully and kept a check on my dosage they actually really benefit me, particularly the Piriteze and Nasel spray. If you told me to stop taking those I'd swiftly tell you to fuck off because they make summer more bearable, I just wish I could get air conditioning now.

These are my sentiments also. You are taking drugs everyday whether you realize it or not (the only difference being the Goverment is allowing you to ingest it).

I see no issue with moderate use so long as you can keep it under control. If you drop out of work to smoke weed then to be honest you probably weren't ever going to be hugely successful in the first place.

wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:40:36 PM

When you do drugs people tend to build a tolerance... eventually you can't even feel the effects of the drug any longer so people up the dosage to feel the effects of the drugs again... this is how most people become addicts and such. 

With moderate doses tolerance doesn't build up to the point of "can't feel it anymore".
(e.g. lots of people get by on their constant daily allowance of methylphenidate)

J603

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:01:42 PM

Nothing is wrong with taking drugs in moderation, so long as you know the effects and dosage.

The only drug which is horrible to take even once I think is Krokodil, but that's a serious drug. Heroin and meth are put to shame by that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: