Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:33:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what's wrong with moderate drug use?  (Read 3976 times)
xkeyscore89

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:30:16 PM

Weed:
NONE.  There is no known dose of marijuana that will kill a mammal.  Marijuana is not poisonous.

Pretty much anything will kill in large quantities. Marijuana sure does stink though. It's an unpleasant acrid odor that is just, well stinky and unpleasant. Much happiness to you for wanting to stink up your environment with your stinky habit.

Pussy stinks too but I can live with it.

lawl.  Grin
threeip

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 08:19:02 PM

Weed:
NONE.  There is no known dose of marijuana that will kill a mammal.  Marijuana is not poisonous.

Pretty much anything will kill in large quantities. Marijuana sure does stink though. It's an unpleasant acrid odor that is just, well stinky and unpleasant. Much happiness to you for wanting to stink up your environment with your stinky habit.

So do SUVs and shitty perfume and cheap steaks your neighbors burn on the grill.

Best post on bitcointalk right now  Cool

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:43:59 PM

Spoken like true pot lovers. Nonetheless, your habit stinks.
xkeyscore89

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 10:08:48 PM

I <3 the Silk Road.  Cheesy
threeip

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 12:51:33 AM

Spoken like true pot lovers. Nonetheless, your habit stinks.

Well stop shitting up my neighborhood with yours then Smiley

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:25:32 AM

Weed:

Yeaaaah... but you usually don't smell it three rooms away, and if you do... well...  Undecided
FirstAscent

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:07:39 AM

Weed:

Yeaaaah... but you usually don't smell it three rooms away, and if you do... well...  Undecided

Or the next house over.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:21:58 AM

If you can smell it in the next room then you're wasting your stash. That's like flushing money down a toilet. I suggest you try one of these: http://buyvaporizersforsale.com/vaporizerhistory/reviews.htm

FirstAscent

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:01:56 AM

If you can smell it in the next room then you're wasting your stash. That's like flushing money down a toilet. I suggest you try one of these: http://buyvaporizersforsale.com/vaporizerhistory/reviews.htm

Sorry, but I don't keep a stash. I don't smoke weed. It stinks.
threeip

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 05:24:10 PM

It stinks.

So you said....
Surely this is a matter of personal opinion though (as you can see from my prev posts  Wink )

FirstAscent

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:28:37 PM

It stinks.

So you said....
Surely this is a matter of personal opinion though (as you can see from my prev posts  Wink )

I also have the personal opinion that bowel movements stink. Are you implying that my personal opinions are unique to me?
threeip

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 05:37:13 PM

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/loaded-question

FirstAscent

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:45:04 PM

On the contrary. You seem to be assuming that because I proclaim smoking weed to be a stinky habit, and that it is a personal opinion of mine, that others don't hold such a view. Perhaps it is you who has, in your ardent admiration for the stuff, merely become desensitized to its stink, not unlike those who work in stinky environments, such as sewage plant workers, slaughterhouse workers, landfill workers, and so on.
threeip

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 05:57:19 PM

I'm not saying that at all.

I'm saying its no-fucking-business-of-mine what you do (and vice versa)*.

There's plenty of other stinky shit you could single out that is doing way more damage to people and the environment.

I think in reality though you;
a) have a problem right now with the smell (your neighbors etc) or
b)have another unmentioned problem with cannabis and the smell of it is you 'channeling', maybe?

Anything you would like to share?

*please dont assume im condoning murder or rape etc like that sock in the other thread

FirstAscent

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:09:23 PM

I'm not saying that at all.

I'm saying its no-fucking-business-of-mine what you do (and vice versa)*.

There's plenty of other stinky shit you could single out that is doing way more damage to people and the environment.

I think in reality though you;
a) have a problem right now with the smell (your neighbors etc) or
b)have another unmentioned problem with cannabis and the smell of it is you 'channeling', maybe?

Anything you would like to share?

*please dont assume im condoning murder or rape etc like that sock in the other thread

You're just reading way too much into it, and being too sensitive about it, which, frankly, I'm kind of glad to see. Let's review:

Weed stinks. It really does. Now maybe you're a little self conscious about it. Which is fine with me. Because stinky habits are kind of gross.

As for neighbors, nope, I have no neighbors stinking up the neighborhood smoking weed. But there have been incidents in the past. Thankfully not now. Because...

It does stink.
threeip

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 10:08:09 PM

Now maybe you're a little self conscious about it. Which is fine with me.

Not even a little bit.

But there have been incidents in the past.

Figures - once bitten forever shy - you must be American yes?

It does stink.

You stink*.

*see how dumb this argument is  Smiley

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:13:58 PM

I don't think pussy or weed stinks.

Opinions are cool like that.

Perhaps some of the posters in this thread have been exposed to rotten weed or even worse, rotten pussy.

Of course my dog thinks rotten stuff is divine.

Even the cleanest pussy is odiferous but those 4 or 5 vaginal microbiota make one of my favorite soups. I could eat it everyday. BTW: my dog likes that smell too. lol

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:11:05 AM

Even the cleanest pussy is odiferous but those 4 or 5 vaginal microbiota make one of my favorite soups. I could eat it everyday. BTW: my dog likes that smell too. lol

Odoriferous indeed, but I do not equate strong odor to "stink", although perhaps some define it that way! Stink, to me, is odoriferous and foul combined!

This reminds me of a Playboy letter to the editor I read several years ago. This couple started going out of their way to get as stinky as possible before coming home to have sex. I have no idea why I was reading Playboy, I must have been addled by whiskey.

There is something special about her right after a workout. Someone should do a study on pheromone surging after strenuous physical activity.

alephi

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:12:29 PM

Playboy has some great articles.  Some of the stories are ok too.

To me "Stink" tends to conjure up images of going down on a pussy and being greeted by the odour of wee.

Anyway, I was going to discuss drugs cos when I was still mis-spending my yoof I did try out quite a few at various times, with the exception of the opiates.

At the time Cannabis resin, or dope, as it used to be called then, was cheap, available and pretty harmless in moderation and I viewed alcohol and cigarettes as much more harmful.  I never, ever experienced any kind of withdrawal or dependency on anything except cigarettes and amphetamines, and of course, the mother of all hangovers from cheap cider  Embarrassed

Amphetamines was a bit scary because of the horrible come down but I never felt that taking more would help because it was about fatigue from being awake for ages, as well as the strong feeling that it was fucking up my body fast.
I also sampled LSD, magic mushrooms and ecstasy and could only describe the experiences as profound, interesting and great fun. 

Some years later I got run down by a car and had months in a hospital bed with pelvic and spinal injuries.  I was administered morphine and I was just in a dream for some days.  About 2 weeks after, they abruptly stopped the morphine and I had a few really horrible days and nights.  That withdrawal period must have been a cakewalk compared with withdrawal from a long term dependency on on any opiate or alcohol but it was enough to reinforce the view that the way we understand and use drugs is wrong.

Specifically the language we use with them is very important in the sense that we refer to coffee, cigarettes and alcohol individually and the rest simply as drugs, when the effects and differences between them are profound and important to understand.  Clearly some people drink and develop issues with it while others can moderate their use and the same is true for the other drugs.

Existing laws, the war on drugs and the absurd political dialogue around them are wildly disconnected from rational and informed debate.  A strictly rational analysis of the issues brings me to conclusions which strongly suggest many of them should be legalised and regulated maybe like tobacco and alcohol, with revenues being used to assist public health and education.  The reduction in the cost of drug related crime, DEA activity, policing and prisons alone would be worth it, even before any tax and legitimate profits from the colossal revenue stream involved.

I remain of the view that the opiates, with the possible exception of coke, are addictive way beyond being very, very, very nice, which they are too.  I walk a mile away from them and I don't really know what's best with these.

I also have the view that cannabis resin and the milder forms of marijuana are harmless, fun and good for my creativity, apart from the damage from smoking it very occasionally.

Caffeine and nicotine are my staples, beer makes me fart.

Occasional use of LSD, Ecstasy and magic mushrooms, well,   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

J603

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 01:33:22 PM

Playboy has some great articles.  Some of the stories are ok too.

To me "Stink" tends to conjure up images of going down on a pussy and being greeted by the odour of wee.

Anyway, I was going to discuss drugs cos when I was still mis-spending my yoof I did try out quite a few at various times, with the exception of the opiates.

At the time Cannabis resin, or dope, as it used to be called then, was cheap, available and pretty harmless in moderation and I viewed alcohol and cigarettes as much more harmful.  I never, ever experienced any kind of withdrawal or dependency on anything except cigarettes and amphetamines, and of course, the mother of all hangovers from cheap cider  Embarrassed

Amphetamines was a bit scary because of the horrible come down but I never felt that taking more would help because it was about fatigue from being awake for ages, as well as the strong feeling that it was fucking up my body fast.
I also sampled LSD, magic mushrooms and ecstasy and could only describe the experiences as profound, interesting and great fun. 

Some years later I got run down by a car and had months in a hospital bed with pelvic and spinal injuries.  I was administered morphine and I was just in a dream for some days.  About 2 weeks after, they abruptly stopped the morphine and I had a few really horrible days and nights.  That withdrawal period must have been a cakewalk compared with withdrawal from a long term dependency on on any opiate or alcohol but it was enough to reinforce the view that the way we understand and use drugs is wrong.

Specifically the language we use with them is very important in the sense that we refer to coffee, cigarettes and alcohol individually and the rest simply as drugs, when the effects and differences between them are profound and important to understand.  Clearly some people drink and develop issues with it while others can moderate their use and the same is true for the other drugs.

Existing laws, the war on drugs and the absurd political dialogue around them are wildly disconnected from rational and informed debate.  A strictly rational analysis of the issues brings me to conclusions which strongly suggest many of them should be legalised and regulated maybe like tobacco and alcohol, with revenues being used to assist public health and education.  The reduction in the cost of drug related crime, DEA activity, policing and prisons alone would be worth it, even before any tax and legitimate profits from the colossal revenue stream involved.

I remain of the view that the opiates, with the possible exception of coke, are addictive way beyond being very, very, very nice, which they are too.  I walk a mile away from them and I don't really know what's best with these.

I also have the view that cannabis resin and the milder forms of marijuana are harmless, fun and good for my creativity, apart from the damage from smoking it very occasionally.

Caffeine and nicotine are my staples, beer makes me fart.

Occasional use of LSD, Ecstasy and magic mushrooms, well,   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Well said.

The only issues I have with your post is that coke is not an opiate (cocaine comes from the Coca plant) and that you should be careful with Ecstasy. After all, ecstasy by definition is MDMA cut with meth. Most of the time you'll never know how much of the relatively harmless MDMA you're getting versus the more harmful methamphetamine, so it's good to be careful lest you develop an addiction.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: