Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 05:23:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New mining rig, only 5 of 6 cards showing up  (Read 98 times)
Blizzer3 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:58:33 AM

Hey all.
Built my first mining rig and im having the issue that i only get 5 cards working.
If i plug in the 6th card either it wont show up at all OR the computer will only detect 2 cards suddenly.

Im using usb risers with SATA connectors, is that the issue? been told recently that my sata risers was bad.
But i can get 5 up and running so im not sure about it.

Its an Asus Strix Z270F Gaming
6x Asus Nvidia 1070
and http://www.chieftec.eu/en/psus/ps-2/proton-series/bdf-1000c.html that PSU.

Bios is updated to latest.
4g decoding is enabled.
and i set all the PCIe to gen2.
Disabled HD Audio
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:07:33 AM

Hey all.
Built my first mining rig and im having the issue that i only get 5 cards working.
If i plug in the 6th card either it wont show up at all OR the computer will only detect 2 cards suddenly.

Im using usb risers with SATA connectors, is that the issue? been told recently that my sata risers was bad.

6x Asus Nvidia 1070

4g decoding is enabled.
Disabled HD Audio

set the PCIe to gen 1, also do you have ALL gpus on risers? if you have one directly installed to the motherboard, that could be causeing it as that one gpu is using more pcie lanes than what we actually need. next question would be whats the psu wattage? I run 6x evga 1070's no problem on a 1200w psu, also don't use the sata connectors there poorly made and usually have smaller guage wire than what should have been used

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Blizzer3 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:09:29 AM

please dont hijack other peoples threads Sad

Hey all.

6x Asus Nvidia 1070

4g decoding is enabled.
Disabled HD Audio

set the PCIe to gen 1, also do you have ALL gpus on risers? if you have one directly installed to the motherboard, that could be causeing it as that one gpu is using more pcie lanes than what we actually need. next question would be whats the psu wattage? I run 6x evga 1070's no problem on a 1200w psu, also don't use the sata connectors there poorly made and usually have smaller guage wire than what should have been used

No all my GPUs are on risers.
As i linked, my PSU is on 1000W, should be fine, i've heard of people using as low as 850W PSU for 6x 1070s :O
And i was thinking 1000W would be fine.
Tried running mining on 5 cards but it wasnt stable at all, it was running fine for like maybe an hour or less then one card disappeared and only had 4 cards active.
Its perfectly stable and fine with 4 cards :/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: