Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:54:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (Gauging interest) How many people here would want silk screenprinting for BTC?  (Read 705 times)
HermesConrad (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:32:20 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2013, 07:10:00 AM by HermesConrad

Would there be a decent demand for custom t-shirt/apparel printing? I work for a screenprinting company part time and it would be a win-win to be able to get my company more business while offering something to the BTC community which fascinates me, I would essentially vend the service here or on a separate website, exclusively in BTC.

I'd like any input someone experienced might have.. Is it too bold to use BTC as currency in this way while accepting its volatility? I was thinking about laying down some of my own cash for the printing work and keeping a percentage of the coinage, vending custom silkscreen work here basically..

Awesome idea? Terrible idea? Was thinking about it all day and only now that I type it out do I realize I need to put much, much more thought and work into this before it will be a workable service, and I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slob

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:51:42 AM

Gauging.

If I were you, I would talk to your manager and see if you can get a discount if you broker work from online. Work it both ways. That way all your margin isn't pinned on bitcoin to dollar exchange rate. But with potential for reward there is some risk. As the money is going through you, if a job gets messed up or a client disappears, you could be in the lurch.

Figure out the mechanics on that and then put together a tumblr or squarespace with sample work, pricing structure, sales agreement, and contact information.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:52:28 AM

Is it too bold to use BTC as currency in this way while accepting its volatility? I was thinking about laying down some of my own cash for the printing work and keeping a percentage of the coinage, vending custom silkscreen work here basically..
https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-direct-deposit
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: