Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:32:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a 50 to 100 BTC Loan at 20% interest  (Read 2327 times)
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:47:20 AM

Past history has shown that people who borrow large sums of BTC (or any sum of BTC for that matter) have a markedly higher risk of becoming seriously injured to the point of requiring extended stays at a hospital, preventing them from paying back their loans or even logging into the forum. I flagged this guy with negative trust for his own protection and safety.

I understand what you're trying to do... but is it really helpful to abuse the trust system? If I asked for a loan would you give me negative trust?

I have to agree with you.   I'd call it abuse of the trust system.   You'd think that a public forum such as this would simply be used as a place to introduce the 2 parties.   There are enough 3rd party services available to do your due diligence in a secure manner for both parties privately outside of the forum.   Instead, a public flogging and application of a stereotype is applied to anything that is not seen as the norm.     With some of these posts if my bank behaved this way when I walked in, they'd get a quick kick in the arse.

I'm fairly certain no one here is a "bank". You want a loan, have adequate collateral ready. Don't like the terms? Move along. When you offer loans then you can dictate terms. As for the flogging, do some light reading in the scam section, maybe something will click you you'll "get it".

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Voogru

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 04:19:36 AM

Yup, I "get it".   No worry there.   All I'm saying is flagrant use of the Rep system in such a manner without an ounce of proof just scares away legitimate borrowers from whom you could make some money.   Just my opinion, but yes its the internet and nobody gives a $hit so move along I suppose.

Someone who registers and requests a $10,000+ loan within 24 hours of registering isn't exactly a legitimate borrower.
Voogru

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 04:48:39 AM

Why should I risk coming to anyone here over going to my bank?   Yes, accept the conditions of the lenders or move along.  But, are you trying to present yourselves as a viable option to the traditional banking system, or, do you only want to attract the desperate who have no other alternative?

I'm more curious than anything to be honest.   

There is more to bitcoin than just borrowing money.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 05:03:11 AM

Say I was a legitimate borrower.   Why should I risk coming to anyone here over going to my bank?   Yes, accept the conditions of the lenders or move along.  But, are you trying to present yourselves as a viable option to the traditional banking system, or, do you only want to attract the desperate who have no other alternative?

Because you need the debt in BTC.  I (or my company) had borrowed between 500 BTC and 1000 BTC for the better part of a year.  Then again we only offered reasonable interest, has a compelling reason (hedging instant quotes), and had been around for more than 1 day.
Moogle

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

KUPO!

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 10:39:34 AM

sent 200 bitcoins just incase you needed a few extra's for fun money

J603

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:31:14 PM

I understand what you're trying to do... but is it really helpful to abuse the trust system? If I asked for a loan would you give me negative trust?

It isn't abusing the trust system by giving negative trust to someone who registered a new account and within four hours requested a (equiv) $11K USD loan. I challenge you to find a single successful loan request that was made by a same-day account that was ever paid back. You can begin your search using forum search feature here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=search

Let me know if you can find one because honestly I've never heard of a single one in the history of the Lending sub-section. I'm not trying to be sarcastic - I could be wrong since I haven't really checked that thoroughly. But without putting much effort into it I can probably point you to several dozen same-day loan request which were filled and NEVER paid back.

This one I could somewhat understand, because it's so obvious. But I see you do it on pretty much every single noob loan. Maybe someone did legitimately sign up here only to get a loan. It's not impossible.

But abusing the trust system because of what you think is just ridiculous. And really, all it does is make me (and I'm sure others) not want to trust you.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:46:12 PM

This one I could somewhat understand, because it's so obvious. But I see you do it on pretty much every single noob loan. Maybe someone did legitimately sign up here only to get a loan. It's not impossible.

But abusing the trust system because of what you think is just ridiculous. And really, all it does is make me (and I'm sure others) not want to trust you.

On the contrary, that's exactly what one of the aspects of the Trust system is for: To warn potential counterparts that they may be getting into a deal that's with somebody who isn't exactly above board. In fact even before Trust was implemented I, along with a core group of scam-busters, saved people from getting scammed out of over 220 BTC, last I tallied it. That figure is probably a lot higher than that by now. Granted, I called it wrong on more than a few occasions and may have hurt some feelings, but honestly I don't give a fuck.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
J603

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 05:36:26 PM

On the contrary, that's exactly what one of the aspects of the Trust system is for: To warn potential counterparts that they may be getting into a deal that's with somebody who isn't exactly above board. In fact even before Trust was implemented I, along with a core group of scam-busters, saved people from getting scammed out of over 220 BTC, last I tallied it. That figure is probably a lot higher than that by now. Granted, I called it wrong on more than a few occasions and may have hurt some feelings, but honestly I don't give a fuck.

You've saved people from 220 BTC? Me too, I guess, because I post whether or not I think someone is a scammer too. I probably post in lending the most out of anywhere I post and I've never asked for a loan or offered one.

As for the bolded point, cool. Needless to say you will never be in my trust list.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:07:33 PM

OMG NOOOO I'm not in J603's circle of trust! What ever am I going to do?!? LOL

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
J603

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:14:19 PM

OMG NOOOO I'm not in J603's circle of trust! What ever am I going to do?!? LOL

Alright, I'll follow your example from now on.
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:37:15 PM

well as everyone has so much money to waist feel free to send some coins my way  Wink

im homeless
i got hit by a bus
a plane landed in the living room and now i need a new front door
my dogs floating upside down in the fish bowl

any of this getting me sympathetic money???
what about pretty please Cheesy

J603

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:42:14 PM

well as everyone has so much money to waist feel free to send some coins my way  Wink

im homeless
i got hit by a bus

Uh-oh, sounds like a scam. Better give you negative feedback!
vm1990
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:46:40 PM

im homeless
i got hit by a bus

hmm does it really?? or does it sound more like a sarcastic joke.... maybe someones been at the computer to long.....
i also like how this didnt get highlighted my dogs floating upside down in the fish bowl

J603

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:49:29 PM

im homeless
i got hit by a bus

hmm does it really?? or does it sound more like a sarcastic joke.... maybe someones been at the computer to long.....

I wasn't really going to give you negative feedback. But be careful, had you had less posts Tomatocage would have jumped all over that.
vm1990
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:51:53 PM

im homeless
i got hit by a bus

I wasn't really going to give you negative feedback. But be careful, had you had less posts Tomatocage would have jumped all over that.

haha yeh i know its why i like being a full member... plus if you have a case the admins can remove stipid peoples feedback... its only there to leave feedback if you have been scammed or had a good deal with someone and i think the admins should start checking any other use of it out Smiley

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:14:15 AM

On the contrary, that's exactly what one of the aspects of the Trust system is for: To warn potential counterparts that they may be getting into a deal that's with somebody who isn't exactly above board.

Is that what it's called when you threaten to use the trust system to down rate a lender who accidentally leant to a Joey alt? 

I believe there's a little more to it than just this.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
aksplace (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:46:46 AM

Past history has shown that people who borrow large sums of BTC (or any sum of BTC for that matter) have a markedly higher risk of becoming seriously injured to the point of requiring extended stays at a hospital, preventing them from paying back their loans or even logging into the forum. I flagged this guy with negative trust for his own protection and safety.

I have to agree with you.   I'd call it abuse of the trust system.   You'd think that a public forum such as this would simply be used as a place to introduce the 2 parties.   There are enough 3rd party services available to do your due diligence in a secure manner for both parties privately outside of the forum.   Instead, a public flogging and application of a stereotype is applied to anything that is not seen as the norm.     With some of these posts if my bank behaved this way when I walked in, they'd get a quick kick in the arse.

I appreciate the response and although we do not know each other and your going on a limb against some of these internet tough guys It's beyond ridiculous. I read the rules section and did exactly what that member requested I do. Anything less than what I was requesting would be a waste of my time and a failure on what I was trying to accomplish. Again thank you for seeing eye to eye on that and a shame a few had to jerk all over this lending request.
aksplace (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:59:58 AM

You've saved people from 220 BTC? Me too, I guess, because I post whether or not I think someone is a scammer too. I probably post in lending the most out of anywhere I post and I've never asked for a loan or offered one.

As for the bolded point, cool. Needless to say you will never be in my trust list.

You called it wrong on this one to and think you should die in hell, fair enough ?
aksplace (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:06:35 PM

I returned the favor to him  Wink
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 09:33:41 AM

I returned the favor to him  Wink

Interesting.  It looks like you guys are having a trust rating war.  But why does his comments show up on your and J603's profile.  But the comments you two made do not show up on Tomato's profile.   Odd, or am I missing something.  

Tomatocage is on DefaultTrust. Those people are not.

(I also have a TON of untrusted negative feedback - it doesn't mean anything.)

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: