Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:56:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Bitcoin Note Design  (Read 2099 times)
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 08:46:16 AM

Front:

Back:

Download PSD Files

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
mises

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:17:32 AM

that looks really fitting. i like it.
cloudTc

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:20:20 AM

You would need to encrypt the PK, otherwise its easy theft by picture...

Other than that I like it.
stormlighter

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:34:24 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2013, 09:48:20 AM by stormlighter

I think the back needs more work. Maybe you should make space for an ad (http address), just incase someone wanna use your design Smiley
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 09:40:55 AM

You would need to encrypt the PK, otherwise its easy theft by picture...

Other than that I like it.
Depends on what you want to do with them. I designed this note because I wanted to store some of my BTC "offline", so I'm going to have it in a safe place I don't really care about encrypting the private key. The best thing to do though is place a hologram over it and the QR code for it.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 09:51:24 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2013, 08:06:57 AM by bitfreak!

I think the back needs more work. Maybe you should make space for a add (http address), just incase someone wanna use your design Smiley
You can go ahead and use it if you want, there's a license file with the PSD files which covers the images with the GNU General Public License and it includes a link to my website (if that's what you were trying to say, not sure).

Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:53:09 AM

Looks cool, but I would prefer all the text fields to have lighter background. Maybe make the QR codes level H, too. (and same sized)

bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 10:05:36 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2013, 10:17:44 AM by bitfreak!

Looks cool, but I would prefer all the text fields to have lighter background. Maybe make the QR codes level H, too. (and same sized)
If you have Photoshop or GIMP you can easily change the transparency of those text boxes. But I might release another version of the note where the QR boxes are the same size. I thought the private key would generate a larger QR image because it was longer than the address so I made it slightly larger, but it doesn't really seem like there is any noticeable difference (although the difference in size actually seems to depend on which QR generator you use).

TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:37:03 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2013, 11:19:04 AM by TiagoTiago

The size of the QR code depends not only on the size of the data stored but also on the strength of the error protection.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 11:14:17 AM

Ok I made both QR images the same size and looks much better imo. I've re-uploaded the PDF files and replaced the old ones, just download them again if you want the new version.

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:20:36 AM

The size of the QR code depends not only on the size of the data stored but also on the strength of the error protection.

Yeah, I think it's best to use the best error protection (level H).

bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 12:02:09 PM

Yeah, I think it's best to use the best error protection (level H).
I wasn't aware that QR codes had different levels of error protection, that is pretty cool. The QR codes used in my pics are just as an example though, you can use what ever level of error protection you want when you generate your own QR codes and insert them into the note.

Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 02:15:56 PM

Nice design. I like the background. Why not move one of the QR code to the back side that looks a tad empty now ?
Also I am a bit puzzled by the pi letter at the end of the word bitcoin (that reads bitcoip in greek). The nu letter is more appropriate it seems.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 03:27:22 PM

Strong work!

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 04:17:54 PM

Nice design. I like the background. Why not move one of the QR code to the back side that looks a tad empty now ?
Also I am a bit puzzled by the pi letter at the end of the word bitcoin (that reads bitcoip in greek). The nu letter is more appropriate it seems.

I agree with that pi letter. I think that all the text and data and qr codes etc should be on front side. Just like playing cards  Cool

bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 04:43:00 PM

I agree with that pi letter. I think that all the text and data and qr codes etc should be on front side. Just like playing cards  Cool
Yeah the intention was to make the back a bit like a playing card, I don't think it would really look good with a QR on the back.

And I did have similar thoughts about the pi letter but I was using a font which only gave me a certain set of symbols to work with.

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 04:48:01 PM

It looks awesome man, you just need to do something about QR codes.
Maybe use transparent QR code image?

I don't have photoshop installed now but will try to play with it little bit after installing.
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:13:46 PM

Nice design.
NoDisco

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:31:16 PM

Hey - aren't you going to put Satoshi's face on it?  Wink

To me, the font for "Bitcoin address" is hideous. It looks like you wanted to go for something "classy" and it shows. It looks Russian or Greek, not particularly "global" or "cyber" or "digital".

That back of the note is a wasteland. How could you design a note and leave all that real estate barren? You could put anything there - anything inspirational you like - and it's left essentially blank.

Take some inspiration from there:
http://neatdesigns.net/worlds-25-most-beautifully-designed-banknotes/

Variations and detail subtly blended.

And even these copper round that are knocking around - they do a decent job of capturing the digital-ness of what Bitcoin is:

Look at all that detail! Use the whole canvas my friend Smiley

P.S. Don't forget the rule of thirds. And *blend* the QR codes and numbers into the design.
Voogru

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 11:11:25 PM

It looks nice, but the resolution is way, way, way too low. Especially for printing.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: