Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:43:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Bitcoin Note Design  (Read 2099 times)
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 11:31:30 PM

To me, the font for "Bitcoin address" is hideous. It looks like you wanted to go for something "classy" and it shows. It looks Russian or Greek, not particularly "global" or "cyber" or "digital".
They are mathematical symbols, which are typically based on Greek Characters.

That back of the note is a wasteland. How could you design a note and leave all that real estate barren? You could put anything there - anything inspirational you like - and it's left essentially blank.
Some times less is more. I know most currency notes have a full design on both sides but I'm going for more of a playing card look.

Many of those notes are just plain ugly, I have a collection of nice notes that I used for inspiration.

P.S. Don't forget the rule of thirds. And *blend* the QR codes and numbers into the design.
The QR codes do have some slight transparency in order to blend them into the note, but if I messed with them any more they might become unreadable.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 11:32:48 PM

It looks nice, but the resolution is way, way, way too low. Especially for printing.
Well the note I printed out looks fine. Unless you want to print a very large note I don't see why it would be a problem.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Voogru

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 01:12:02 AM

It looks nice, but the resolution is way, way, way too low. Especially for printing.
Well the note I printed out looks fine. Unless you want to print a very large note I don't see why it would be a problem.

It's very pixelated in photoshop. It's only 72 DPI.

You should try around 300+ DPI.

TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:15:08 AM

And *blend* the QR codes and numbers into the design.
The QR codes do have some slight transparency in order to blend them into the note, but if I messed with them any more they might become unreadable.

I could be wrong, but by "blend" I think he meant "incorporate it into the design" rather than make it more transparent.
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 07:08:55 AM

Well my picture certainly isn't anywhere as pixelated as the image you posted. I'm a web designer, not a graphics designer, and I didn't draw this note by hand. I simply combined and modified a range of existing pics to produce the final result. I wasn't planning to share it but the final result came out better than I expected. If it doesn't meet your requirements I can't do much about it.

bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 07:10:46 AM

And *blend* the QR codes and numbers into the design.

I could be wrong, but by "blend" I think he meant "incorporate it into the design" rather than make it more transparent.

I figured he meant something like that, but messing with it in any other way will also make it unreadable. The only real thing I can is try to do put some sort of elaborate border around the QR codes but there's not much room to work with and I don't think it'll look good.

Voogru

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 07:29:11 AM

Well my picture certainly isn't anywhere as pixelated as the image you posted. I'm a web designer, not a graphics designer, and I didn't draw this note by hand. I simply combined and modified a range of existing pics to produce the final result. I wasn't planning to share it but the final result came out better than I expected. If it doesn't meet your requirements I can't do much about it.

I wasn't sure if you made it custom or imported the graphics. Just trying to provide some constructive criticism for future cases.

Anytime you are making something to be printed you want a higher DPI.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: