crossposting: old thread in selling(obsolete) section http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2883.0
This is how it works, in one sentence: You buy a contract, you get daily BTC transfers in amount of statistical expectation of daily bitcoin generation for contracted computational power during lifetime of the contract
To get started you chose how many Ghps over how many month you would like to have, PM me, than send me by email your name, company name if any, email, mailing address, your BTC address for transfers, and chosen contract. I'll respond by email with formal contract proposal. If you are happy with it, you let me know that you accept the contract and transfer money. As soon as your transfer is cleared by our bank I start working on your order and next day bitcoins start rolling into your wallet.
The price is 400£ per Ghps per Month.
Minimum contract length is 4 month. I could negotiate on this one with some customers.
For example: 1 Ghps 4 Month contract is 1600£, 1Ghps 1 year contract is 4800£ etc.
some small print:
- This service is operated by Marchenko Ltd, my family business, located in UK
- We accept payments only via bank transfers.
- Service delivery starts immediately upon receipt of the payment.
- When other "block chain services" similar to bitcoin (like bitDNS) emerge we will endeavour on a "best effort" basis to provide an option to switch to generation services in those future currencies/services.
- Due to legal requirements in UK we cannot work with anonymous customers.
- This service is strictly subject to availability and contract. Prices are subject to change.
- Financing of large and long contracts can be arranged, usually on basis of half upfront, half in monthly payments plus some reasonable premium for the financing.
Advantages of this service in comparison to buying BTC on exchanges or over the counter on IRC:
- no counterparty risk
- no risk of getting "tainted" or stolen bitcoins
- no commissions to be paid for transferring money in or out of an exchange
- steady and predictable BTC income stream over time
- contractual BTC income depends only on changes in bitcoin difficulty, not on exchange rate
- possibility of large purchases without immediate adverse effect on the exchange rate of thin markets
- legal protection by EU and English consumer protection laws
Advantages of this service in comparison to running mining rigs on your own:
- 'fire and forget', buy the contract, get daily BTC transfers, no noise, no heat, no huge electricity bills, no pool fees, no burned hardware, no software problems, no downtime, less risks.
- you can concentrate on whatever you do or just move on with your life instead of spending lots of time on tinkering with hardware and software
- zero-variance, no waiting for days and even weeks for a block being solved. Some pools charge as much as 10% for zero-variance.
Any questions? PM me.
Have some specific requirements? PM me.
F.A.Q (in no particular order) :
Q0. I have question which is not in this F.A.Q, where can I get the answer?
A0. Probably your question has not been asked frequently enough just yet. Feel free to ask it either in this thread or via PM.
Q1. How long are you in 'bitcoin mining contract" business?
A1. We've signed up our first customer in December 2010 and our first customer who is a member of this board signed up in January 2011.
Q2. Which contracts of yours are the most popular?
A2. We've sold many contracts covering almost all month/Ghps combinations in the table above, except 16 Ghps ones and almost none less than 1Ghps contracts were sold, so far. By a small margin, 1 Ghps is the most popular contracts.
Q3. Please give names of some of your customers for reference purposes.
A3. We respect privacy of our customers and will never disclose their identities, neither IRL or virtual, not without a proper court order or without their written permission anyway. However, we have employees of many blue chip companies among our clientèle (privately) and generally many our customers are "who's who" of this board. Feel free to ask for a reference in this thread, maybe some of our customers would chose to offer a testimony.
Q4. Why don't you have a website?
A4. We barely able to fulfil orders of members of this forum, once we have capacity higher than current demand we will consider expansion of our marketing efforts and setting up a website.
Q5. Is Vladimir your real name and is it your photo in the avatar?
A5. Yes, it is.
Q6. How come you claim 20+ years experience of FreeBSD and Linux in your signature? FreeBSD and Linux and even the Internet are not that old!
A6. I've been cheeky and counted in pre-internet fido years and SCO, minix, xenix experience as well as hacking DEMOS and RELCOM. I used to be the sysop of 2:5010/47 if anyone would like to verify and able to dig up "pre-internet" age nodelists.
Q7. I've missed your latest promotional prices, are you going to have another promotion anytime soon?
A7. Probably, yes. Almost, every time we get another batch of computational capacity online we run some kind of promotion, watch this space.
Q8. I do not want zero-variance! Can you mine to a RPC mining service of my choice?
A8. I suggest using zero-variance option. But if you really want me point the mining rigs to a RPC service I will do this for you. Hopefully you can handle the variance.
Q9. How many days in your contractual month.
A9. For new contracts to calculate number of days for the contract I use the following formula 365/12*M, where M is quantity of contracted one month periods, than it is rounded up to a whole number. For example, 4 month contract will have 365/12*4 = 121.66, rounded up to 122 days.
Q10. Could you please sell me bitcoins directly I am prepared to pay a few percent above market rate.
A10. It is not first time I receive such and offer. I have not ever sold any bitcoins directly in the past and I am not planning to sell any in the foreseeable future. But much depends on what exactly do you mean by "a few percent".
Q11. I would like to buy your mining contract but I do not want to give you my mailing address because, I am concerned about my privacy. Can you wave you requirement for mailing address?
A11. Short answer: no mailing address, no contract. Long answer: We value privacy of our customers. Moreover we are subject to Data Protection Ac 1998, which requires us to take reasonable measures to safeguard personal information of our customers. Your personal information will not be disclosed to anyone unless you give us written permission to do so or it is required by law. Our legal counsel insists that we do not transact with anonymous customers for a number of important reasons. Remember, for example, that every time one makes a credit card or paypal payment, mailing address is provided to the merchant. The choice here is simple for us, either no contracts with anonymous customers or let our legal counsel go. I prefer to keep the services of our legal counsel.
A12. Your price seems to be very steep. I would like to buy higher volume at lower price price. Is it possible?
Q12. Yes it is possible, talk to to me.
[this post is often edited to contain summary of current terms and conditions, the latest sales pitch, and F.A.Q]