Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:42:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: eBay update: prices coming way down  (Read 3644 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 03:52:58 AM

Honestly, he knows what he is doing and that is trying to get people to "quit" with his faux-doom and gloom.  But you guys play into it by replying and letting his posts get more attention.  Every time we respond, it gets put to the top.  I guess at this moment in time I am guilty of it but just ignore him if you don't believe what he says and move along.

Or how about we go ahead and (here's a novel idea) DISCUSS matters pertaining to Bitcoin on this Bitcoin discussion board we find ourselves on.
You and I are both free to post whatever interests us, and ignore what we couldn't care less about.

I'm not preaching a religion, I'm discussing 100% on-topic matters relevant to bitcoin mining. Faith is not required here.

If you disagree, by all means, chime in!  Tell me why! Let's get a discussion going. I have no problem with those who disagree with me.
I'd be a lot more willing to discuss things with you if you didn't start threads on the exact same topic EVERY SINGLE TIME you post.

I haven't seen a single thread started by you that didn't have to do with the unprofitably of mining.  And guess what?  I bet you're still mining.  Wink
AngelusWebDesign (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 03:54:50 AM

Honestly, he knows what he is doing and that is trying to get people to "quit" with his faux-doom and gloom.  But you guys play into it by replying and letting his posts get more attention.  Every time we respond, it gets put to the top.  I guess at this moment in time I am guilty of it but just ignore him if you don't believe what he says and move along.

Or how about we go ahead and (here's a novel idea) DISCUSS matters pertaining to Bitcoin on this Bitcoin discussion board we find ourselves on.
You and I are both free to post whatever interests us, and ignore what we couldn't care less about.

I'm not preaching a religion, I'm discussing 100% on-topic matters relevant to bitcoin mining. Faith is not required here.

If you disagree, by all means, chime in!  Tell me why! Let's get a discussion going. I have no problem with those who disagree with me.
I'd be a lot more willing to discuss things with you if you didn't start threads on the exact same topic EVERY SINGLE TIME you post.

I haven't seen a single thread started by you that didn't have to do with the unprofitably of mining.  And guess what?  I bet you're still mining.  Wink

By the way, you just invalidated yourself because I'm pretty sure I made posts today having nothing to do with Bitcoin mining profitability. When you take the time to emphasize "EVERY SINGLE TIME" (all caps) you make it easy to throw out your whole post. 1 post by me on a different topic totally destroys your credibility.

I can't help that your mind doesn't permit you any complexity in your thinking. If you think that simplistically, I can't discuss with you, sorry. We're on two different levels apparently.

And what's your problem with me telling the truth? Mining IS less profitable than it was 1, 3 or 5 weeks ago. And I never said it was unprofitable (1 BTC for the person who can find a Bitcoin.org post where I said Bitcoin mining was no longer profitable).

Ebay prices HAVE come down. What's the problem here? You don't like the situation and you wish to take out your frustration on the messenger?

I have to start topics because you armchair gestapo types don't have the creativity to come up with new topics yourselves. Yes, some people are better at leading/starting conversations. That's a fact that's observed on all fora. As you get older, you begin to notice this more and more.
fascistmuffin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 04:00:54 AM

Yeah, I guess standing on a soapbox and trying to get everyone to think that bitcoin mining is over, disregarding basic math, ignoring simple accounting, and posting ten threads a day is quite complex.... oh wait. It's not.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 04:01:52 AM

I haven't seen a single thread started by you that didn't have to do with the unprofitably of mining.  And guess what?  I bet you're still mining.  Wink

I can't help that your mind doesn't permit you any complexity in your thinking. If you think that simplistically, I can't discuss with you, sorry. We're on two different levels apparently.
The fact that you completely ignore all of the evidence I have posted in past threads of yours that mining (and even buying mining equipment) is still very profitable just makes you a troll.

A troll that has to resort to personal insults, evidently.
AngelusWebDesign (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 04:02:49 AM

The fact that you completely ignore all of the evidence I have posted in past threads of yours that mining (and even buying mining equipment) is still very profitable just makes you a troll.

A troll that has to resort to personal insults, evidently.

Except I haven't ignored anything. I admit to *100% of everything that's true*

Try me.
AngelusWebDesign (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 04:05:22 AM

Yeah, I guess standing on a soapbox and trying to get everyone to think that bitcoin mining is over, disregarding basic math, ignoring simple accounting, and posting ten threads a day is quite complex.... oh wait. It's not.

How about I call you a ex-con every day, and see if it eventually sticks?

Because it's about as true as the BS you're alleging about me.

You just vomit what others have said, never rising above a elementary school playground level of discussion or reasoning (read: name-calling).
fascistmuffin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 04:34:08 AM

How about I call you a ex-con every day, and see if it eventually sticks?

Because it's about as true as the BS you're alleging about me.

You just vomit what others have said, never rising above a elementary school playground level of discussion or reasoning (read: name-calling).

It only takes a few of you're doom threads to get a general idea of what your mindset is, and really easy to see that you disregard the very things I listed. There's a good reason why I don't try to discuss anything specifically with you, since every single topic started by you is all FUD and doom threads, which General section is full of. I'm sorry if you think that I have to reply to every single topic you create in order to have an opinion on this one, but luckily, for me at least, that's not how discussion forums work. I really don't know why I'm responding now, since all you do is cry when all your doom and gloom threads turn out this way.

It's also funny that you're accusing me of not being able to discuss, but you're counter argument/discussion/reply to my post was more name calling. You didn't even try to defend yourself or any of your claims. Maybe there's a reason why all of your topics result in your elementary school playground...

Here's some advice: Make a new account and stop with this nonsense. You might as well start bring up Y2K doom again at the rate you're going.

And you can try to call me an ex-con every day, but I doubt that'll go far, since you're reputation isn't the greatest around here. I also haven't done anything, maybe something along of lines of make ten threads a day about the same thing, to earn me renown like you have. I guess I'm not trying hard enough.
mike678

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 04:40:31 AM

Going through the last 2 pages of your posts.

I know, by then many people will have quit. But I wouldn't be surprised if mining got a lot less profitable than it is today.
Guess what? Newsflash -- the money-making frenzy is over. BTC has dropped significantly in price, even as difficulty has increased significantly.
On the other hand, I have no reason to believe that Bitcoin will be more valuable next month, this Fall, or next year. I have no scientific reason to believe that. For business purposes, I'm planning on "more of the same" -- which is 10% difficulty increases every 10-12 days, and a Bitcoin price around $15.

And when I see payoff periods greater than 70 days, I run the other way.

Matthew

I'm not saying mining is a get rich quick scheme but you can be very negative when it comes to mining hence the sky is falling quote that keeps popping up.

Here you are contradicting your self.
Hey Sgt --

Are you one of those who thinks a 5830 is wasted unless it's OC'd to the 300+ range?

Personally, I have my 5830's bringing in about 270 MH/s each.  After all, it's not like they ARE a 300 MH/s card -- that's not exactly their stock output. I don't do aggressive OC'ing.
(2) 5830's = 600 MH/s.
You can get (2) 5830's for only $260.  That's 600 MH/s!

And here you are being a pompous ass:
Those of us who are mining for a profit are obviously decent with money and aren't likely to be struggling financially.

tl;dr - I have a job too. Enough to support a wife and 4 kids.

tanerlorn

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 05:56:58 AM

Guys relax, lets all go to church and cry our eyes out thinking about when Jesus is gonna come back.

I'll tell you what would happen if Jesus came back. We would lock him up in jail and put him in the electric chair, that's what we would do.
AngelusWebDesign (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 06:30:11 AM

I never contradicted myself.

I was quoting the "300 MH/s" for 5830 because people throw that number around as if it's common and everyone gets that hash rate. I personally don't get that much, because A) I don't want systems giving me problems, B) any systems I have with 2 cards close together get too hot for stable overclocking of that variety -- especially the card in the top slot.

And that last "pompous" post was taken out of context, and completely misunderstood.

Here is what I was responding to:

I went out and bought a whole new rig to mine BTC.  It will probably take me a year or more to pay it off with mining.  However, I was going to buy a new machine anyway and I have a job, so whether or not it is a good investment in your eyes means nothing to me.

Admittedly, I wouldn't have bought 2 outrageous video cards if it weren't for mining (I would have just used the onboard GPU as I'm a sound guy, not a graphics guy).  But still, I am doing it to support the project and because I wanted a new machine.  Not everyone is mining for profitability.  Hell, I don't even sell my coins that I mine...  You greedy profit hungry buy every GPU available to make a profit miners are going to get squeezed by hoarders like me who will mine at any price or difficulty with the expectation of higher BTC prices several years from now.  The funny part is, the cheap GPUs that will eventually be for sale, will come from people like you.  Not the people like me who are buying overpriced GPUs that won't return a profit.     We have jobs and will outlast you.

Sgt. Spike:
Who exactly are you talking to when you say "people like you"?  Because I can guarantee you there aren't 50TH/s worth of people who will mine at a loss, which is about what it would take to push out those of us who are mining for the profit and have efficient GPU's and decent electric costs.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: