Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:22:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Hardware Chart  (Read 593 times)
sdmented (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:31:26 PM

Hey guys,

So i'm new to the forums and I wanted to share something that I made.  So no Idea if links are allowed for newbies, but here we go.

http://sdrv.ms/16njy51

It is an excel sheet that pulls from the bitcoin history chart that is available on Google Docs.  When you open it and it asks you to update the data you can just hit no.  There is no more current data anyways.

It has all sorts of useful information on it, ROI on different hardware based off of current network hashrate accounting for increases.   It recalculates the difficulty every 2 weeks for the first 6 months then you can input an average based on growth percentage week over week.   

I put countless hours of work into it, so if you find it useful please donate (address is on the chart).

I hope this helps at least a few people make some informed decisions on what or whether to buy hardware for Bitcoin mining Smiley

sdmented (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:06:27 PM

Also if anyone has any data they'd like me to add or adjust please just let me know.
tacoman71

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:18:16 PM

Thanks, this is handy information to consider. Maybe you could add xcrowd hardware tomorrow when they launch preorders.

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
sdmented (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:14:27 PM

Yeah, Ill keep it updated, Cointerra will be making chips as well but im not sure who is doing the hardware.  I'll have to keep an eye on that as well.
sdmented (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:00:59 PM

Actually, im updating it right now, going to have to leave room to expand for future hardware companies.  Suppose I should have in hindsight already done it lol.
kaz911

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:56:38 PM

it can almost make you cry seeing the only thing that has a "current" positive ROI is the KNC gear. Everything else is up s creek.
sdmented (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:41:45 PM

Yeah, its frustrating to know that some of the other equipment isn't going to make a dime.  But if you download the file and change the network hashrate (left side in yellow) you can guess or even calculate from the current position.  This also assumes that the growth of network hashrate is going to consistently increase at the same rate that it has so far.  Meaning a total network power of over 9 Petahash by the same time next year.

You can change all sorts of numbers, in the sheet and it will keep calculating, cost of power... etc..  Anyways, just updated the sheet.  But its pure speculation on the xCrowd specifications.. Once I have some better info I'll update it.  I saved the excel file with the network hashrate of 800, I figure this is probably accurate by October if not a bit higher.  So you have to do some changing of the network rate based on when you get the hardware. 

Anyways, questions, comments, critiques and donations always welcome! Smiley
jost4712

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:10:56 PM

Nice job, thanks!
Just to make sure (i'm not an expert in mining HW): all of this equipment is ASIC-based?
How do FPGA-based boards compare to these values? Or even AMD graphic cards?
Thx, jost.
sdmented (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:13:09 PM

These are all asic, FGPA and GPU's are not efficient in the current state of bitcoin mining.  You would end up spending more on power than you can generate.  By the time you purchased hardware the chances of breaking even are slim to none.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: